• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Show me where Trump asked for help in the election. All I see is him asking the Ukranian leader to look into Biden's son on grounds of corruption/neopotism. Which is exactly what the treaty covers. Biden's son also isn't Biden himself, so its double not relevant. There is literally nothing.

Why the strong denial, the cloak-and-dagger. Why assign his personal attorney rather than the state department or justice department to handle this?

Also, did you forget Trump's public comments that he'd accept dirt on political opponents from foreign governments? That's a public admission he'd act illegally given the chance.

How much will it take for people to see what's happening here? Forget about what Obama or Hillary has done. Focus on the now.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
The chips have fallen where they've fallen. The coin sits upon it's side. Where the winds of fortune blow it, will play a hand in the next toss. The Emperor has such lovely new clothes.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Create an imaginary boogeyman. Then tell people you will save them all from that boogeyman.

hmm...but still
these people must have been feeling extremely strongly to begin with to have been riled up this easily and so much that they can easily ignore their own intuition (about things being very wrong with Trump)

Jaguar

hmm...but still
these people must have been feeling extremely strongly to begin with to have been riled up this easily and so much that they can easily ignore their own intuition (about things being very wrong with Trump)

Have you ever been to a meeting but not known it was multi-level marketing (aka: pyramid selling) until you got there? I have. The entire room was mesmerized by the speaker telling them of the great riches that lie in waiting should they choose to "join him on his journey" but out of 100+ people, I was the only one who stood up and said, "What a crock" and walked out. Now, what does that have to do with Trump? Everything. What was controlling all those people, something that is conscious or unconscious? I say the latter. And boy was it seductive. So seductive, yes, it annihilated their intuition - if they even had any or relied on it. But moreover, if there's anything I have seen my entire life it is the hold others can have on people. The unconscious "we" effect that exists in pockets of the world and that world is the inner workings of the human skull, has a strong pull. So when you say "easily riled up," I'd say it's more a case of an unconscious door swinging open. Just like the fellas carrying torches while shouting, "Jews will not replace us." Where did that come from? The unconscious door swinging open. Once you tap into that, anything is possible.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am passing by and I am still watching this whole circus with one eye.
Therefore I just want to say that I find it ironic that after years of Russia, Russia, Russia the whole thing is suddenly going forward over Ukraine. (since those two are basically at war)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dlc9ev0mvakz.jpg

Lark

This is a thing, I think that normalizing and routinizing challenges to misconduct can be a way of robbing the challenge of any moral authority or weight.

In the court of public opinion "this again" can eventually lead to stoking and ramping apathy in response to some true wrong doing.

I'm willing to bet that this is the sort of cultural deterioration that's necessary to introduce a few generations before you plan a proper enduring dictatorship, its definitely how some communities feature domestic violence relationships one generation after another without anyone breaking that cycle.

Its an interesting one because it was always thought typical of so called "oriental despotism" and the west was some how immune but its not immune.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Why the strong denial, the cloak-and-dagger. Why assign his personal attorney rather than the state department or justice department to handle this?

Also, did you forget Trump's public comments that he'd accept dirt on political opponents from foreign governments? That's a public admission he'd act illegally given the chance.

How much will it take for people to see what's happening here? Forget about what Obama or Hillary has done. Focus on the now.

That's the thing. The people accusing Trump in the complaint are not low-level grifters and flunkies like Roger Stone or Carter Page. They are also Trump appointed officials. And they went to a CIA analyst with these concerns. As much as the Trump faithful want to say it's the corrupt media, Dems, Hillary, Biden or Obama, this is coming from inside the WH. Either they accept that or they don't.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a thing, I think that normalizing and routinizing challenges to misconduct can be a way of robbing the challenge of any moral authority or weight.

In the court of public opinion "this again" can eventually lead to stoking and ramping apathy in response to some true wrong doing.

I'm willing to bet that this is the sort of cultural deterioration that's necessary to introduce a few generations before you plan a proper enduring dictatorship, its definitely how some communities feature domestic violence relationships one generation after another without anyone breaking that cycle.

Its an interesting one because it was always thought typical of so called "oriental despotism" and the west was some how immune but its not immune.

I agree that normalizing of things is bad. But as far as I've seen it, the media covers for the Democrat's corruption, but calls out Republican corruption, while simultaneously normalizing their own and exclaiming "whataboutism" when anyone calls them out on their bullshit. That is why it doesn't matter if it normalizes or not, because it creates and endless loop that favors one side. To prove this, look at how the public treats Fox news. Its not that they are any more or less liars than CNN. Its just the media is predominantly run by Leftists who use their positions for activism, so they repeat the narrative that Fox news (projecting) is biased and corrupt, when they themselves are just as bad, if not more than they are.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
for a while, I didn't like attacking Trump supporters, and instead chose to attack the man himself, his bad behavior, and his hypocritical policies (looking at you, vape ban, coming from the guy who promised he wouldn't enact a lot of regulations). I do think Trump derangement syndrome was a thing, and some people were going to hate him no matter what he did, that some of the criticisms and comparisons to Hitler and such might be just a tad unwarranted or hyperbolic. I thought the opposition should bide their time and choose their criticisms and attacks a little more carefully, let the man dig his own grave (which he's been doing a good job of, so far)...

But the more and more shit comes to light, the harder it is to abide their unwavering loyalty.

I really do think a big part of the initial wave of enthusiasm for this guy came down to "stickin it to the libs" as a big Fuck You, and I think for a lot of those supporters, they're left in the increasingly difficult spot of not wanting to admit the people they so hate may not have been entirely wrong about trump.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
for a while, I didn't like attacking Trump supporters, and instead chose to attack the man himself, his bad behavior, and his hypocritical policies (looking at you, vape ban, coming from the guy who promised he wouldn't enact a lot of regulations). I do think Trump derangement syndrome was a thing, and some people were going to hate him no matter what he did, that some of the criticisms and comparisons to Hitler and such might be just a tad unwarranted or hyperbolic. I thought the opposition should bide their time and choose their criticisms and attacks a little more carefully, let the man dig his own grave (which he's been doing a good job of, so far)...

But the more and more shit comes to light, the harder it is to abide their unwavering loyalty.

I really do think a big part of the initial wave of enthusiasm for this guy came down to "stickin it to the libs" as a big Fuck You, and I think for a lot of those supporters, they're left in the increasingly difficult spot of not wanting to admit the people they so hate may not have been entirely wrong about trump.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
They can't honestly believe they're helping can they? No, don't answer that. I already know they do. Oh the humanity.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Biden, Biden, Biden. Trumpie scared, scared, scared.

To tell you the truth I just don't see it that way. I think this is possibly a big win for Trump, especially since democrats now look desperate.

1. This just wouldn't pass the senate as it is now, so there is no actual drama here.
2. The democrats only acted when he went after Biden and corruption questions. What means they are the ones that are basically on the defense, since they are "hiding" something.
3. Trump supporters just don't care, they know who the guy is and they prefer him to the establishment. The fact he went so actively after Biden may even increase his support slightly.
4. This will probably place extra spot on Biden and his deals as well. What will cost him support and that is a win for Trump. If anything since it proves that the top democrats are "fishy people".
5. He may even look as a victim at the end of all this and that will have many implications in 2020. Especially since all of this will probably only reinforce stereotypes about the democrats.

I am one of those that don't see much winning in all of this (sorry for party pooping).

Lark

That's the thing. The people accusing Trump in the complaint are not low-level grifters and flunkies like Roger Stone or Carter Page. They are also Trump appointed officials. And they went to a CIA analyst with these concerns. As much as the Trump faithful want to say it's the corrupt media, Dems, Hillary, Biden or Obama, this is coming from inside the WH. Either they accept that or they don't.

Yeah, as a foreign/outsider viewing it all, it looks like elements unlikely to be taken in by sensationalism or partisan political wrangling and more likely to have become genuinely perturbed by the corruption of public office.

Like Trump has really been pushing the boat out or so it seems.

Although, like I say, its not like this does not have the appearance at least of happening before or promising to happen again, and so, provided its done in slow enough motion, corruption succeeds in truly becoming the new normal.

Lark

I agree that normalizing of things is bad. But as far as I've seen it, the media covers for the Democrat's corruption, but calls out Republican corruption, while simultaneously normalizing their own and exclaiming "whataboutism" when anyone calls them out on their bullshit. That is why it doesn't matter if it normalizes or not, because it creates and endless loop that favors one side. To prove this, look at how the public treats Fox news. Its not that they are any more or less liars than CNN. Its just the media is predominantly run by Leftists who use their positions for activism, so they repeat the narrative that Fox news (projecting) is biased and corrupt, when they themselves are just as bad, if not more than they are.

I'm not part of the media, I'm not interested in that sort of partisanship either.

The "my leader right or wrong" thinking is unamerican, its one of the least American things I can think of.

Lark

To tell you the truth I just don't see it that way. I think this is possibly a big win for Trump, especially since democrats now look desperate.

1. This just wouldn't pass the senate as it is now, so there is no actual drama here.
2. The democrats only acted when he went after Biden and corruption questions. What means they are the ones that are basically on the defense, since they are "hiding" something.
3. Trump supporters just don't care, they know who the guy is and they prefer him to the establishment. The fact he went so actively after Biden may even increase his support slightly.
4. This will probably place extra spot on Biden and his deals as well. What will cost him support and that is a win for Trump. If anything since it proves that the top democrats are "fishy people".
5. He may even look as a victim at the end of all this and that will have many implications in 2020. Especially since all of this will probably only reinforce stereotypes about the democrats.

I am one of those that don't see much winning in all of this (sorry for party pooping).

What do you think of Andrew Yang?

Lark

Its the policies that matter.

All the rest is window dressing and side show.

That the side show has become a bit of a freak show is just a reflection of how attention deficit the public is now. The trash talking wrestler president was predicted in Idiocracy after all.