• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bipartisan coalition? Like say the Supreme Court that did a great job of things in 2000 and has continued to have a stellar track record?

We've had lots of bipartisan coalitions. Look where we are.
I guess we could try more online pessimism, because that's really making great strides towards improvement as well.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess we could try more online pessimism, because that's really making great strides towards improvement as well.
I'm being pragmatic rather than holding on to naive idealism. Usually I'm told that's good, but I guess that's only when it's employed in favor of the status quo.

It is better to accept what is likely to happen rather than holding on to goofy ideas that always end up being proven wrong.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm being pragmatic rather than holding on to naive idealism. Usually I'm told that's good, but I guess that's only when it's employed in favor of the status quo.
Pointing what is and why things are bad isn't a talent -- what are your suggestions to fix the problem?

Edit: That's a rhetorical question; I don't really care. I just can't stand when people complain for the sake of complaining while offering no real suggestion what would improve what they perceive to be a problem.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pointing what is and why things are bad isn't a talent -- what are your suggestions to fix the problem?

Edit: That's a rhetorical question; I don't really care. I just can't stand when people complain for the sake of complaining while offering no real suggestion what would improve what they perceive to be a problem.
Focus on local and state elections to get people in their who give a damn about any of this rather than people who just engage in a lot of performative nonsense. I know expecting Joe Biden to be a secret progressive playing 5d chess isn't going to do it.

Maybe you have to actually put in some effort instead of expecting somebody like Liz Cheyney to swoop in and save you, like she gives a damn?

What are some groups involved in political and social issues that you are involved in outside of the forum? I am actually involved in a few, yet people continually say to me to "stop complaining and do something." I am actually doing something, perhaps not 24/7 but more than the people who accuse me of "complaining without doing anything" are that's for damn sure. The thing is it's actually hard to do anything if you operate under ridiculous delusions like the secret moral goodness beating at the heart of Republicans or Joe Biden's 5d chess. Because they're going to come in and work out something to save you.

They're either idiots or they're corrupt and don't give a fuck.

But continue "believing" and maybe things will get better. At least you're not a fundamentalist Christian having faith without proof.

If I wanted to be really cynical I'd say that the line of thought that says "don't worry the people in charge are going to finally come to their senses this time and figure this out" cling to that belief because they actually want an excuse for why they don't do anything.

Last edited:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Focus on local and state elections to get people in their who give a damn about any of this rather than people who just engage in a lot of performative nonsense. I know expecting Joe Biden to be a secret progressive playing 5d chess isn't going to do it.

Maybe you have to actually put in some effort instead of expecting somebody like Liz Cheyney to swoop in and save you, like she gives a damn?
Where did I ever say I was expecting someone to save us? I just see it as not being a partisan hack and therefore being able to acknowledge that someone who I don't agree with ideologically/politically is capable of doing something I think is a good move.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where did I ever say I was expecting someone to save us? I just see it as not being a partisan hack and therefore being able to acknowledge that someone who I don't agree with ideologically/politically is capable of doing something I think is a good move.
Are you going to be putting together that bipartisan coalition? Who do you think would be doing should that happen?

Am I being harsh? Maybe, but using the p-word (pessimism) as a "rebuttal" for what I said is going to set me off every time. Please work harder than that; I've worked hard for my opinions (and come across a lot of people who just emotionally shut down upon me voicing them and received much in terms of social alienation for simply stating them; the most important thing evidently is that they feel good but they really do care, about it too, golly, it's just that the bad vibes bum them out) ; don't prove to me that the only thing you have against my idea is that it makes you feel bad.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For some reason, I'm not able to copy/paste links here. But this is from a new Pew poll.

Screenshot_20220209-135225_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-135237_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220209-135249_Chrome.jpg

Republicans are internally divided in their views of the Jan. 6 riot, including Trump’s role in it, depending on whether they believe Trump or Joe Biden was the rightful winner of the 2020 election. In a June 2021 survey, about two-thirds of Republicans said Trump definitely (33%) or probably (33%) won the 2020 presidential election – meaning they believe he received the most votes cast by eligible voters in enough states to win.​
Republicans who hold this view – incorrectly – overwhelmingly absolve him from responsibility for the Jan. 6 riot and say too much attention has been paid to the event. These Republicans also doubt the fairness of the congressional investigation.​
The smaller share of Republicans (34%) who say Biden definitely or probably won the election are less likely to express these views. For example, just 31% of Republicans who say Biden definitely or probably was the rightful winner of the presidential election say Trump bears no responsibility for the violence and destruction at the Capitol; that compares with 72% among those who contend that Trump definitely or probably won.​

It's so difficult not to sink into despondency.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In that story WaPo broke yesterday: National Archives asks Justice Dept. to investigate Trump’s handling of White House records

The National Archives also retrieved a map of Hurricane Dorian that had been altered with a black marker by Trump in a failed attempt to show he had not been wrong about the storm’s path, according to a person familiar with the contents of the boxes.​

Lol.

If true, I hope it goes on display somewhere eventually. As proof that it happened.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
In that story WaPo broke yesterday: National Archives asks Justice Dept. to investigate Trump’s handling of White House records

The National Archives also retrieved a map of Hurricane Dorian that had been altered with a black marker by Trump in a failed attempt to show he had not been wrong about the storm’s path, according to a person familiar with the contents of the boxes.​

Lol.

If true, I hope it goes on display somewhere eventually. As proof that it happened.
Where are the "bUt HiLlArY's eMailS" conservatives now?

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where are the "bUt HiLlArY's eMailS" conservatives now?
Yeah, it's hard to fathom the carte blanche good faith his base gives him. He had his legion of acolytes chanting "lock her up" about something exponentially less, yet I'm wholly confident his base is still 100% convinced she should be in jail and he's done nothing wrong.

I should have been a cult leader. But then, maybe he just makes it look easy.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be honest I really think that they are afraid to go after him fully because they are afraid of the civil war braking out.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
To be honest I really think that they are afraid to go after him fully because they are afraid of the civil war braking out.
They're afraid to do it because the Republicans can and will do it to any Democrat that follows, including Biden. Of course this is all under the excuse of "depoliticizing the DoJ" but who in the fuck do they think politicized the DoJ to begin with?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
They're afraid to do it because the Republicans can and will do it to any Democrat that follows, including Biden. Of course this is all under the excuse of "depoliticizing the DoJ" but who in the fuck do they think politicized the DoJ to begin with?

I guess. But it seems that there is also civil war in the GOP as well over the Trump issue. What only adds to instability when the country could really use some " stability and leadership". But yeah, if midterns are a red wave Biden will see it's impeachment process. There is very little doubt over that.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think they'll do it regardless, if they manage to take power again. They'll "retailate" in full force, even if nothing further is done. They've discovered they don't need real teeth in their accusations to make their base (rabidly) convinced a thing is true. eta: Not only does the Jerry Springer-like white trash drama of it all *not* discredit them in their base's minds, but it seems to fire up support and conviction - the more bombastic the better. So they'll get "full force retaliation" no matter what. /eta

I don't know if 'they' are afraid of a civil war so much as they are an unfocused, unorganized bunch of people who can't seem to nail down their own priorities, let alone coordinate priorities with others. I suppose the benefit of one megalomaniac madman being in charge is that whatever deranged bullshit spills out of his rancid pie hole from one minute to the next becomes "the truth" (OR ELSE) and the priority (OR ELSE) for everyone in the GOP. But there are almost as many truths and priorities in the Democrat government as there are officials - more so now that the sane conservatives have jumped aboard.

I don't know what's going through Garland's head, but he's dropping the ball bigtime.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think they'll do it regardless, if they manage to take power again. They'll "retailate" in full force, even if nothing further is done. They've discovered they don't need real teeth in their accusations to make their base (rabidly) convinced a thing is true. eta: Not only does the Jerry Springer-like white trash drama of it all *not* discredit them in their base's minds, but it seems to fire up support and conviction - the more bombastic the better. So they'll get "full force retaliation" no matter what. /eta

This is why I am fairly sure that there will be a war in Ukraine. Because if Biden loses Afghanistan and Ukraine in just 2 years there is basically no way that the midterms will not be a red wave. Especially since this would rise global prices of food and energy. What means that economy surely can't get too well until the midterms. However red wave as you noticed will create a lot of drama in the US. What could easily make this war "strategically reasonable" from the side of the attacker.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are you ignoring that they found out Hillary Clinton spied on Trump, when he was in the White house, and Biden knew about it? Why do they get away with such treasons?