• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump 2020

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wages are shooting up to around 15$ an hour in Ohio at jobs like gas stations. Which in turn is increasing job wages across the board at higher skills like my job. I will not only get a promotion, but might get double the pay wage I expected. I am quite optimistic.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Lower regulations and taxes means more jobs and more jobs mean more competition for labor which drives up wages. It's just common sense; unfortunately, we have a political party that feeds off of misery and desperation and seeks to destroy job opportunities with regulations, taxes, and raising the minimum wage.

Some people think the Democrats are just stupid and economically illiterate, but it's really worse than that; these are evil people who seek to destroy lives for power and position.

???

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
Lower regulations and taxes means more jobs and more jobs mean more competition for labor which drives up wages. It's just common sense; unfortunately, we have a political party that feeds off of misery and desperation and seeks to destroy job opportunities with regulations, taxes, and raising the minimum wage.

But doesn't the government also spend that tax money and create jobs as well? Government contracts are big $$ and create some nice technical/engineering jobs, especially when it comes to defense spending.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But doesn't the government also spend that tax money and create jobs as well? Government contracts are big $$ and create some nice technical/engineering jobs, especially when it comes to defense spending.

Oh definitely. I believe, IIRC, more than half of the federal budget is defense spending. Lots of people in traditionally Republican states like Montana, where there's a lot of federal land, also actually depend on money from the federal government, both directly and indirectly.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If you do it right, the private companies are the ones creating jobs so the government doesn't have to. And the increase in private industries, means more taxes being paid, even if the rate is low. You actually don't want more government jobs.

And I agree the defense spending is too high, but then whenever anyone tries to stop. People scream we are abandoning allies. USA literally maintains peace in like 3/4ths of the planet. It is gonna be expensive.

???

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
[MENTION=37565]Sung Jin-Woo[/MENTION]

But the thing about defense spending is that the government bids contracts, so companies have to compete and innovate. So they basically are private companies, but their focus is on warfare technology/innovation. In terms of work or jobs, they would be theoretically the same difference.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=37565]Sung Jin-Woo[/MENTION]

But the thing about defense spending is that the government bids contracts, so companies have to compete and innovate. So they basically are private companies, but their focus is on warfare technology/innovation. In terms of work or jobs, they would be theoretically the same difference.

Only if contracting. I'm referring to government institutions being a waste of tax money due to inflated beuacratic bullshit that is 20 years behind everyone else. Whenever the government makes its own, it can hardly compete with private companies, and is ten times the cost.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
??? said:

For those things that the government does well, such as national security, sure, it's ok to tax and spend money. For everything else, government wastes about half the money it collects. Medicare wastes $100 billion each year; this is considered acceptable because it makes Democrats feel good, but it's really a stupid idea.

Yes, the government creates jobs from tax money but most of the people employed are just paper pushers who make everyone's lives a little less pleasant and these people would probably be much happier if they were engaged in more productive activity. There'd be much more prosperity if the 10 million or so bureaucrats working in the government were making pies or building homes.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Julius_Van_Der_Beak said:
I'd hardly call the last couple wars things the government did well.

We really should slowly extract ourselves from the Middle East; kudos to Trump for brokering a "permanent ceasefire" between the Kurds and Turks.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd hardly call the last couple wars things the government did well.

As I said earlier, people scream we are betraying allies the moment we withdraw outta anything. Like Tellenbach mentioned, the whole Kurd thing is a good example. I was actually glad Trump moved out, because its a massive conflict of interest. USA shouldnt be world police and be the single factor in maintaining peace. If USA only worried about itself, wed have insane amounts of money to spend on healthcare. Which is why I am against interventionism and illegal immigration.

Nicodemus

We really should slowly extract ourselves from the Middle East; kudos to Trump for brokering a "permanent ceasefire" between the Kurds and Turks.
In the same vein, kudos to Neville Chamberlaine for brokering a permanent peace between the Jews and the Nazis.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Nicodemus said:
In the same vein, kudos to Neville Chamberlaine for brokering a permanent peace between the Jews and the Nazis.

We fixed your mess in WW2; perhaps your country should help out and take in a bunch of refugees.