• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump 2020

Despotic Ocelot

Permabanned
By the way, the republican party has canceled the primary election in South Carolina, Nevada, Arizona and Kansas. Those 4 states will not have a republican primary election, because dear leader.

Surprised no one even blinked at this lol. This is literally flat out, baldfaced, not-even-hiding-it fascist.

They're just like "Fuck your democracy, no more elections"

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Whether conservatives are more numerous than progressive left voters or not, it is obvious that conservative voters must not have a great deal of faith that moderates or independents will support their ideas in great enough numbers that they will win by a majority. If they did, they would not defend the salivate over the prospect of raising the voting age, champion the merits of the electoral college, and try to game the system in other ways. I think on some level, conservatives realize that they possess fringe beliefs that are not shared by a majority of Americans; they're just really good at skewing things so they win anyway.
I don't know any conservatives that are for voter suppression personally, and nor am I. I support the electoral college because I support small towns- of which there are many more (albeit less populated) than large cities- and the two have very different needs, and should have balanced representation. Big cities need small towns because much of the material that is used to make feed and fuel the cities comes from small towns, so the balance is necessary. If it were all popular vote, small town needs would go unfulfilled- driving everyone to cities- cities which would then collapse without the network of support small towns provide. It's in everyone's best interest.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Immature as I find this response to be, I wouldn’t have replied here if you hadn’t sent me the same thing via PM. Anyway, I’m slightly amused that you would take the time to find a post I had said over 3 years ago in an agitated state of mind. I may have changed a lot over the past few years, yet I still stand by my statement here: Ever since Trump won the election back in 2016, I’ve always asked myself what would happen if people could no longer trust the system.

:coffee:

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I prefer overly informed votes, since the average American is too heavily influenced by the media, radical internet, and radicalized outspoken minority. It takes a few years to realize how to critically think.

Also, I never said Conservatism was what majority of people think I said there were more conservatives, than progressive leftists. Excluding the independents, moderates, and non-voting population.

I don't necessarily agree with having a 'quality standard' for voters, but when you have young tech-addicted instant-grata historically ignorant no-attention-span-having teens talking about abolishing the electoral college just so they can win free Bernie stuff in elections easier, it's easy to see why someone would want better informed voters. Still, I don't like to get that picky- too INTJy. An ignorant voter can just as easily make the right choice as the wrong one, depending on who they trust to tell them what to do.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Popularly known as 'SJWs', which is a term I don't like because it was made by the right wing and emphasizes the wrong thing (social justice is not bad), I use the more correct term - lupus liberal. Which emphasizes the 'draconian overreacting' part which is the basis of these people's problem.

I can't emphasize enough how much of a good thing it is for the left, the right, and the prospect of both coexisting in the future, for this internal reckoning I see going on over the indisputably insane aspects of the left that rose out of the obama years. Conservatives had to accomplish the same feat after the GO MERICA post-9/11 bush years, and it was absolutely paramount in rebranding the party and attracting the fence sitters that Trump got in 2016. It's only begun now, so I doubt the wheels of change will grind fast enough to attract enough of them in 2020, but by 2024 I bet the moderates will be ready to try a leftist agenda again. Policy wise I'm sure it will be horrendous, but one can't underestimate the importance of making half the country- the half that had been suffering unhappily for nearly a decade- happy again. However awful I view the policies, everyone deserves a turn at feeling the country is on the right track, so long as that everyone is as large a demographic as the right or left.

Jaguar

I can't emphasize enough how much of a good thing it is for the left, the right, and the prospect of both coexisting in the future, for this internal reckoning I see going on over the indisputably insane aspects of the left that rose out of the obama years. Conservatives had to accomplish the same feat after the GO MERICA post-9/11 bush years, and it was absolutely paramount in rebranding the party and attracting the fence sitters that Trump got in 2016. It's only begun now, so I doubt the wheels of change will grind fast enough to attract enough of them in 2020, but by 2024 I bet the moderates will be ready to try a leftist agenda again. Policy wise I'm sure it will be horrendous, but one can't underestimate the importance of making half the country- the half that had been suffering unhappily for nearly a decade- happy again. However awful I view the policies, everyone deserves a turn at feeling the country is on the right track, so long as that everyone is as large a demographic as the right or left.

Do you not realize Independents outnumber either party?

when you have young tech-addicted instant-grata historically ignorant no-attention-span-having teens talking about abolishing the electoral college just so they can win free Bernie stuff

Do you even know why the electoral college was formed?

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Do you not realize Independents outnumber either party?

True independents are a very thin minority. The rest I call moderates, because they can also be swayed by overwhelming logical appeal in either direction.

PP_2019.03.14_Independents_0-01-1.png

Jaguar

True independents are a very thin minority. The rest I call moderates, because they can also be swayed by overwhelming logical appeal in either direction.

There are moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans. They don't just jump party back and forth each day when someone makes a logical argument. Tell me, what is your obsession with people over policy? Seriously, you could start a gossip rag.

Do you? If you're asking me, it sounds like you don't.

Is that really the best you can do? Christ.

Deprecator

the republican party has canceled the primary election in Arizona

Surprised no one even blinked at this lol.
Maybe it's because the same thing happened with some of the 2012 Democrat primaries? Of course, even despite this precedence, when Trump is involved TDS tends to kick in so some people will literally do anything they possibly can to tunnel vision a pre-conceived narrative about "fascism" and "assaults on democracy". :wacko:

"The Arizona Democratic Party bowed out of Arizona presidential primary earlier this week.

Jennifer Johnson, the spokeswoman for the Arizona Democratic Party, told The Range that the party will instead have a caucus in the congressional districts later this year.

"That will save the taxpayers some money," Johnson said.

(...)

Johnson denied yesterday that the Democrats cancelled the primary because they were afraid that a Project White House 2012 candidate might have defeated Barack Obama."

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
There are moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans. They don't just jump party back and forth each day when someone makes a logical argument. Tell me, what is your obsession with people over policy? Seriously, you could start a gossip rag. Is that really the best you can do? Christ.
I'm not the one with an obsession over the "people" part. I don't see politicians as human beings- but rather conduits to policy.

Thats the best I'm doing for you today. ;)

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Trump will get it, baring insanity.

Despotic Ocelot

Permabanned
Maybe it's because the same thing happened with some of the 2012 Democrat primaries?

You removed the other states in my post.

If Arizona democrats do it with their primary, that's bad, but an outlier.

If Arizona republicans, Kansas republicans, Nevada republicans and South Carolina republicans do it with their primary... on top of a dozen other states making it nearly impossible to even get on the ballot... that's not an outlier. That's a whole sea change taking place in the republican party to make certain no one can overthrow dear leader.

I never said democrats are good. They undermine the democratic process all the time. But whereas the democrats are bad, the republicans are batshit fucking insane. That is the facade of choice that plutocrats have set up to keep Americans distracted in, called 'lesser of two evils'. Democrats present themselves as the 'sane adult in the room', that's their 'mask' - whereas republicans have no mask, they're just outwardly and openly fascist & Christian extremist.

And the 'lesser of two evils' ploy is supposed to make the voter look at that and go "I don't like the democrat, they don't really do anything - but the republican is in a fucking insane asylum. I don't want get up and go vote, but I have to vote for the democrat just to avoid this catastrophe that the republican is" (the ploy being, even if you vote for the 'lesser evil', the two parties still agree on & legislate the same shit 90% of the time anyway)

And so in line with 'lesser of two evils', it can be seen there... Arizona democrats cancel the primary, bad, not good... four GOP states cancel the primary and a dozen more make it nearly impossible to get on the ballot. One's bad, one's fucking insane. Democrats rigged the primary against Bernie Sanders and admitted it in court, and yet as bad as that was... they never went as far as straight up canceling a ton of state primaries. But the republicans would have no problem with that.

Joe Walsh was the leader of the tea party cult from 2010 to 2016, and he is as crazy as they come - so much so that many people say he's worse than Trump. People forget about Walsh, but this was the guy behind all the harsh, hateful shit that the tea party was doing and saying. When 'Who Is America?' came out, he was the guy who was infamously caught advocating arming 4 year olds with guns and bombs.

Well, he's Trump's opponent in the 2020 election, and he's saying "Trump and his allies and the RNC are doing whatever they can do to eliminate primaries and make it very difficult for primary challengers to get on the ballot in a number of states. It's wrong, the RNC should be ashamed of itself, and I think it does show that Trump is afraid of a serious primary challenge because he knows his support is very soft"

Despotic Ocelot

Permabanned
Of course, even despite this precedence, when Trump is involved TDS tends to kick in so some people will literally do anything they possibly can to tunnel vision a pre-conceived narrative about "fascism" and "assaults on democracy". :wacko:

Did you miss the post where I said every single person who has worked or currently works for Trump has said this? There is no "People hate Trump for no reason", no, there's a reason. Everyone who has ever had to spend even a little bit of time with the guy has all said the same thing.

Sure, ok, perhaps you, as a sycophant who is under the mental disorder known as cult of personality, might not see anything wrong with him if you were to work for him. You might be that person who scarfs down his farts every single day and say "Please sir may I have another". But everyone else for the last 4 decades has all said "This dude is batshit crazy"

I know Trump's cult aren't aware of these things because the state tv they watch do not report anything that makes dear leader look bad... but you said a few pages ago that you've seen threads I've made about Trump and the thousands of things I'v put in there. You've seen The All-You-Can-LOL Trump Buffet thread. So you've seen 1% of the things everyone has said - because as long as that thread was, I could only fit 1% of everything that's been said in there.

You're talking about "People are making up a narrative about fascism"... ok, let's go to Trump's most favorite place in the whole wide world - FOX NEWS. On Fox, Chris Wallace said to Trump "Leaders in authoritarian countries now repress the media using your words. You're seen around the world as a beacon for repression not for freedom"

......... Is this where you tell me FOX NEWS is making up a narrative because they hate Trump for no reason?

If you come out of your bubble and into reality, you will see that everyone hates this fucking retarded, idiotic, fascist monster.

Despotic Ocelot

Permabanned
Just to put this 'fake news' thing to rest... this is something Trump's cult should know.

A 60 Minutes anchor was recounting an incident when she was with Trump before they went on air. And Trump started to attack the press. She said "It was just me, my boss, and him. There were no cameras. And I said "You know, that is getting tired. Why are you doing this, it's time to end that, you've won the nomination"

And Trump said "You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all so when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you"

After a couple of audible gasps in the audience (in the video I linked) she paused, and then said "He said that. So... put that in your head for a minute"

Deprecator

You removed the other states in my post.
Yes, maybe because I was hoping that you'd try to cite it as an "outlier"?

If Arizona democrats do it with their primary, that's bad, but an outlier.
Per Wiki article on the 2012 Democrat primaries: "Four states canceled their respective Democratic primaries altogether" (Connecticut, Delaware, New York, and Virginia).

the republican party has canceled the primary election in South Carolina, Nevada, Arizona and Kansas. Those 4 states will not have a republican primary election,
:D

I never said democrats are good.
And I never said that you said that Democrats were good. Though now I'm curious -- do you also think that the 4 states cancelled their 2012 Democrat primaries altogether because of "dear leader", or is your current line of reasoning merely the result of TDS?

And don't worry you don't have to answer the question -- you can always save face and simply delete all your posts again.

Despotic Ocelot

Permabanned
Four states canceled their respective Democratic primaries altogether" (Connecticut, Delaware, New York, and Virginia).

Democrats are fascist.

This discrepancy supersedes my 3,000 thousand things. 1 thing shouldn't supersede 3,000 things - that would be throwing out context & being mindless, which only sycophants do - but context is overrated. Moreover, unlike yourself or Jaguar, I acknowledge posts that provide rebuttals and don't need 'debate rules' to make me do so.

Democrats did something republicans are doing now - that's something I did not know. On account of that one specific thing, it has been unequivocally demonstrated that democrats are completely & wholly fascist. I congratulate you on presenting me with something I didn't know, and that thing also being strong enough to override the context of my 3,000 things.