• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Incels.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the issue is that they aren't really able to extrapolate what is useful and what isn't when it comes to advice, even good advice.

I guess the problem with incels speaks to our mental health system sucking total ass in the USA.

reddit: the front page of the internet

Granted it's Reddit but it's worth a read even if you do need eye bleach afterwards.

At least it's not 4chan.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If there was one good thing to come out of incels, it was at least those 'virgin vs chad' memes. Some of them are pretty hilarious and seem to have gained some popularity among "normies"

Virgin vs Chad Meme Is Taking Over the Entire Internet

As one Tumblr user put it, “people taking virgin _____ and chad ________ memes completely serious on their face when the chad is supposed to be outrageously over the top and exaggerated for absurdist humor value is probably the only shit even funnier than virgin/chad memes.”

The virgin vs chad memes. - Album on Imgur

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Even Natalie thinks JP isn't entirely wrong when it comes to incels. I think the issue is that they aren't really able to extrapolate what is useful and what isn't when it comes to advice, even good advice.

reddit: the front page of the internet

Granted it's Reddit but it's worth a read even if you do need eye bleach afterwards.

Hey, a lot of Reddit sucks (even r/ChapoTraphouse kind of sucks... it's filled with tankie dipshits), but some of it is pretty good. I don't think I'm subscribed to any of the main subreddits.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey, a lot of Reddit sucks (even r/ChapoTraphouse kind of sucks... it's filled with tankie dipshits), but some of it is pretty good. I don't think I'm subscribed to any of the main subreddits.

I don't think it's quite the cesspool some think it is. There's some seedier communities there but most have been quarantined by now. If you avoid the political subreddits, there's actually a lot of great communities devoted to various hobbies and interests. I don't post but I often browse the subs for topics ranging from bass guitar to video games to philosophy. And of course the virgin/chad memes subreddit, but that's not an incel community, it's people who've transformed that meme into satire.

Lark

I don't think it's quite the cesspool some think it is. There's some seedier communities there but most have been quarantined by now. If you avoid the political subreddits, there's actually a lot of great communities devoted to various hobbies and interests. I don't post but I often browse the subs for topics ranging from bass guitar to video games to philosophy. And of course the virgin/chad memes subreddit, but that's not an incel community, it's people who've transformed that meme into satire.

I think its a cesspool, it and 4chan and 8chan too.

I know that Ceecee has been a cheerleader for Reddit in the past, I just think its terrible, good luck to anyone who has a different experience of the same. I also think its bulletin board style threads and posting are antiquated in the extreme too.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I know that Ceecee has been a cheerleader for Reddit in the past, I just think its terrible, good luck to anyone who has a different experience of the same. I also think its bulletin board style threads and posting are antiquated in the extreme too.

The same can be said for Facebook, Pintrest, Instagram.....it all depends how how you use it. I don't know that any domestic terrorists have been radicalized on Pintrest, nor have their manifestos been published there like they have on 8chan or their shooing streamed live such as they have on Facebook.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

But who could resist these subreddits!?!?

A subreddit for cute and cuddly pictures
Cats in pockets.

Lark

The same can be said for Facebook, Pintrest, Instagram.....it all depends how how you use it. I don't know that any domestic terrorists have been radicalized on Pintrest, nor have their manifestos been published there like they have on 8chan or their shooing streamed live such as they have on Facebook.

Maybe so.

There should be better. Instead of a "least worst" argument I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll pass.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The upvote/downvote system may seem a little Thunderdome-y and I could see in theory how some members might gang up on other members to ensure certain members' posts are always voted down or up, but there's really no comparison to 4chan and 8chan unless you're only looking at the contentious political subreddits. Otherwise, it's a great place to find video game playstyle advice, discussions about popular culture, book discussions, recipes, advice for people in low libido marriages, or whatever other topic you're interested in. Usually most sub-reddits are pretty heavily moderated so you're not going to see a lot of trolls survive long anyway, and if not moderated, trolls seem to get downvoted into oblivion more often than not. Reddit in 2019 is a completely different place than it was in the early days. To each their own though.

Tengri

Incels should succumb to the sinful desire of non-marital sex.
Fixed that for you.

American incels are analogous to Japanese otaku: mental illness masquerading behind obsessive fandom due partly to: delusions, lack of experience with and understanding of the opposite sex, little to no experience outside of auto-eroticism, lack of long-term, meaningful employment, fractured self-image and family relationships, and disturbed mental and emotional states from listed points - all reinforced, galvanized, and rhetorized by toxic online communities of people in similar circumstances. Unlike otaku however, incels are a fairly newer subculture (if it deserves that category) more prone to violence and sexual deviance than its Japanese cousin in, er, samurai swords. Both categories of primarily men in their formative years result from sexual repression in cultures of high social pressures and fixates on physical masculinity of peers and objectification of women and assumed entitlement born of that competition, which they are woefully unprepared for. Since these are outgrowths of primarily cultural and sexual politics of growing gender equality, the answer to socialize and treat people like this is accessible, affordable mental health treatment. While it's important to ostracize the behavior, far be it from me to suggest shutting down a site or two, these are struggling people that deserve individualized care and opportunity to learn accountability.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I feel like in a traditional climate this would be a phase, but in this age of encouraged self identification with various repressed and victimized outlier groups these lads are hopping on their adolescent virgin trains and riding them into the sunset.