• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Epstein's Death and Life

Jaguar

Apparently, idiotic conspiracy theories have already begun regarding his death.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The NYT on the death.

Before Jail Suicide, Jeffrey Epstein Was Left Alone and Not Closely Monitored - The New York Times

Mr. Epstein was supposed to have been checked by the two guards in the protective housing unit every 30 minutes, but that procedure was not followed that night, a law-enforcement official with knowledge of his detention said.

The law-enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation said that when the decision was made to remove Mr. Epstein from suicide watch, the jail informed the Justice Department that Mr. Epstein would have a cellmate and that a guard “would look into his cell” every 30 minutes.

But that was apparently not done, the official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because the death was still under investigation.

Cameron Lindsay, a former warden at the federal jail in Brooklyn and four other facilities, said senior officials at the M.C.C. made a series of mistakes in handling Mr. Epstein.

For starters, Mr. Lindsay said Mr. Epstein should not have been taken off suicide watch, even if the prison’s chief psychologist had determined it was safe to do so. With a high-profile inmate, the warden should have erred on the side of caution and kept him under close surveillance, separate from other inmates, Mr. Lindsay said.

“A psychologist is going to think one way, but a warden needs to think a different way,” he said. “You have to take the conservative, safe route and keep an individual like this on suicide watch.”

Other news outlets reported the guards were ordered out for 3 hours for maintenance and the cameras in the area malfunctioned.

from the NY Post, the words of a former inmate of the facility There's 'no way' Epstein killed himself: Former MCC inmate

There’s no way that man could have killed himself. I’ve done too much time in those units. It’s an impossibility.

Between the floor and the ceiling is like eight or nine feet. There’s no way for you to connect to anything.

You have sheets, but they’re paper level, not strong enough. He was 200 pounds — it would never happen.

When you’re on suicide watch, they put you in this white smock, a straight jacket. They know a person cannot be injurious to themselves.

The clothing they give you is a jump-in uniform. Everything is a dark brown color.

Could he have done it from the bed? No sir. There’s a steel frame, but you can’t move it. There’s no light fixture. There’s no bars.

They don’t give you enough in there that could successfully create an instrument of death. You want to write a letter, they give you rubber pens and maybe once a week a piece of paper.

Nothing hard or made of metal.

There’s up to 80 people there. They could put two in cell. It’s one or two, but I’ll never believe this guy had a cellmate.

But it’s my firm belief that Jeffrey Epstein did not commit suicide. It just didn’t happen.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People "commit suicide" in prison more than is realized. The hard part is proving the truth, hence why a lot of people don't want to be bothered with "idiotic" theories. If guards are involved in foul play, they're not going to leave an easy trail of evidence pointing to their involvement.

Epstein was a scumbag, but his death, regardless of whether suicide or not, will hurt more than help, assuming he had more to say than what had already been collected as evidence.

This whole scandal is one of those rare instances of the public catching a glimpse of the men behind the curtain. They will double down on efforts to prevent those curtains being pulled back in the future.

People "commit suicide" in prison more than is realized. The hard part is proving the truth, hence why a lot of people don't want to be bothered with "idiotic" theories. If guards are involved in foul play, they're not going to leave an easy trail of evidence pointing to their involvement.

Epstein was a scumbag, but his death, regardless of whether suicide or not, will hurt more than help, assuming he had more to say than what had already been collected as evidence.

Trump, the apparent "Dictator," allowed a key suspect/witness die while in custody? Seems unlikely. If I were making bets, I'd put money on the Trump DOJ already having enough of what they need (assuming Epstein is actually dead, and not whisked away to protective custody).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trump, the apparent "Dictator," allowed a key suspect/witness die while in custody? Seems unlikely. If I were making bets, I'd put money on the Trump DOJ already having enough of what they need (assuming Epstein is actually dead, and not whisked away to protective custody).

Trump may like to think of himself as a dictator but I think he's a puppet and useful idiot, at best.

I prefer the description "heterodox liberal"

0Mx2ljZ.jpg

Gotcha.
:wink::wink:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...9ac934-bdd9-11e9-b873-63ace636af08_story.html

An autopsy found that financier Jeffrey Epstein suffered multiple breaks in his neck bones, according to two people familiar with the findings, deepening the mystery about the circumstances around his death.

Among the bones broken in Epstein’s neck was the hyoid bone, which in men is near the Adam’s apple. Such breaks can occur in those who hang themselves, particularly if they are older, according to forensics experts and studies on the subject. But they are more common in victims of homicide by strangulation, the experts said.

Jonathan L. Arden, president of the National Association of Medical Examiners, said a hyoid can be broken in many circumstances but is more commonly associated with homicidal strangulation than suicidal hanging.

Arden, who was not involved in the Epstein autopsy, said that in general, a finding of a broken hyoid requires pathologists to conduct more extensive investigation. That investigation can include analysis of the location of the noose, how narrow the noose is, and if the body experienced any substantial drop in the course of the hanging.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Here's what I think.

1) lol @ the idea of this derelict administration doing much of anything as far as investigation. Also lol @ the Clintons, Q-Anaon, The Russians or anything obvious being actually responsible. Anyone that could answer will be unable to do so or shortly unable to do so.

2) The single highest profile person in US custody was very, very obviously murdered while awaiting trial. Whoever is ultimately responsible basically wants you to understand this and be driven insane by it. If something like this would drive you insane that is. It's just a Thursday for the rest of us.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see why its so far fetched to think he was murdered. The evidence is there, and too many coincidences in a short period of time. I also don't get why people believe in rampant corruption, while simultaneously believing in a completely fair, and unbribable legal system. Power isn't absolute, and all you need is a few connections to make things happen under the table.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP

rav3n

It's brain dead obvious that Epstein was allowed to 'suicide', whether pressured to do so because he's inconvenient or not pressured.

Jeffrey Epstein signed a will just two days before his death | US news | The Guardian

Jeffrey Epstein signed a will just two days before he killed himself in jail, new court records show, opening a new legal front in what could be a lengthy battle over the disgraced financier’s fortune.

Court papers filed last week in the US Virgin Islands list no details of beneficiaries but value the estate at more than $577m, including more than $56m in cash.

The existence of the will, first reported by the New York Post, raised new questions about Epstein’s final days inside the Metropolitan correctional center, where he was awaiting trial on federal sex trafficking and conspiracy charges.

Epstein signed the document 8 August. Less than 48 hours later, he was found dead in his cell, prompting an investigation that has cast a harsh light on staffing shortages at the Manhattan detention center.

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You gotta be some kind of stupid to think a narcissist like Epstein would kill himself. Extra stupid.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
If it is a hit job, it's one that probably involves the prison guards. There should be a federal investigation into corruption at that facility. I would start with a lie detector test of every employee who works there.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it is a hit job, it's one that probably involves the prison guards. There should be a federal investigation into corruption at that facility. I would start with a lie detector test of every employee who works there.

Guards have been charged with falsifying records and spent the night shopping online...... I wonder why the had suddenly had money burning a hole in their wallets.....

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sorry everyone, but this thread makes me think of this:

Maybe it's inappropriate, but I feel like it's as good a way to process this bizarre turn of events as anything else.

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Epstein was a good man. My boss frequented his brothels and as a result of his elevated moods I was promoted. Shame he was murdered.