User Tag List

First 13536162636465 Last

Results 621 to 630 of 696

Thread: Global Turmoil

  1. #621
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,210

    Default

    US +22700
    Brazil +20000


    However Brazil has only about 8% of the testing as US. What indicates that "the dam" in Brazil is broken and there is completely out of control pandemic in the country.
    While our Ambassador in Brazil joined the news via internet for 5 minutes over this (just based on that you know it is bad)

  2. #622
    blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    13,495

    Default

    So, what do you guys make of this story, about the legacy of the NATO intervention in Libya in 2011? I never heard about any of this before but then, that doesn't surprise me that this kind of thing isn't reported on much here.

    if the casualty figures provided by Libya’s National Transitional Council are accurate, “the death toll subsequent to the seven-month NATO intervention was at least ten times greater than the tally of those killed in the first few weeks of the conflict” before NATO intervened.
    The disaster in Libya
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  3. #623
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,210

    Default

    Argentina in default for second time this century


    What will do even more damage to neighboring countries that are over their head in the pandemic.

  4. #624
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,210

    Default

    China's proposed security law: A death sentence for Hong Kong?


    From what I understand they will basically annex the territory and that will be it.

  5. #625

  6. #626
    blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    13,495

    Default

    Trump trump trump trump trump.

    i'm glad people are interesting in learning more about how the U.S. has been a force for good.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  7. #627
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    So, what do you guys make of this story, about the legacy of the NATO intervention in Libya in 2011? I never heard about any of this before but then, that doesn't surprise me that this kind of thing isn't reported on much here.

    The disaster in Libya

    To finally answer this.

    In my book overthrowing the regime there isn't something that is fundamentally bad as idea or concept. However implementation was a disaster. They should have just targeted the "supreme leader" and his closest staff. Since in that case you would preserve relatively developed country and it would be easy to organize some kinds of elections with time. However if you smash the whole country to rubble you make sure that PTSD and radicals take over both initiative and narrative. Since this strategy means that the population went through apocalypse and you can't go back to normal life any time soon after that.



    Down to this day the mess in Libya didn't stop since the main two factions there are at war and various global powers are supplying them. What makes sure that the war never ends. However since this is basically the backyard of EU there are some attempts to stabilize the country but that probably wouldn't be the case soon. Especially due to the pandemic.

  8. #628
    blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    13,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    To finally answer this.

    In my book overthrowing the regime there isn't something that is fundamentally bad as idea or concept. However implementation was a disaster. They should have just targeted the "supreme leader" and his closest staff. Since in that case you would preserve relatively developed country and it would be easy to organize some kinds of elections with time. However if you smash the whole country to rubble you make sure that PTSD and radicals take over both initiative and narrative. Since this strategy means that the population went through apocalypse and you can't go back to normal life any time soon after that.



    Down to this day the mess in Libya didn't stop since the main two factions there are at war and various global powers are supplying them. What makes sure that the war never ends. However since this is basically the backyard of EU there are some attempts to stabilize the country but that probably wouldn't be the case soon. Especially due to the pandemic.
    I was prepared to make a snarky comment about how Americans typically don't care about that, but then I have to remember that there has been very little media coverage. The situation in Libya and the effects of the intervention has gotten very little attention here, as far as I have see. All we heard about was the attack on the Benghazi embassy because that happened to Americans. So, I guess it's not surprising that people don't care about this.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  9. #629
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I was prepared to make a snarky comment about how Americans typically don't care about that, but then I have to remember that there has been very little media coverage. The situation in Libya and the effects of the intervention has gotten very little attention here, as far as I have see. All we heard about was the attack on the Benghazi embassy because that happened to Americans. So, I guess it's not surprising that people don't care about this.

    Here as well.
    The coverage is minimal to none, so you have to search for any info or go to specialized place when the topic is being debated. Even if the county is only about 600 miles to the south of our own country. What isn't that far, especially since open sea is between.



    But the place wouldn't quiet down anytime soon judging by the general info, the mess is too severe. However since there is a number of wars going on it would be nice that at least one stops. The Ukraine, Libya, frozen wars on the Balkans, Western Sahara (the forgotten war), Iraq, Syria, Yemen, mess in Turkey ... etc. Way too many wars that are simply destabilizing the world order.

  10. #630
    Complex paradigm Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,210

    Default

    Once again we are adding globally 100 000 new cases in a day (and those is only detected ones).

Similar Threads

  1. The Great Global Warming Swindle
    By reason in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 12:04 PM
  2. Sloan / Global 5 test
    By Athenian200 in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 02-20-2015, 12:19 AM
  3. Global warming
    By Nocapszy in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 11:18 AM
  4. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO