• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2020 Democratic Party primary thread

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Simple: Realize that 'the media' is made up of millions of different, often independent entities with individual ideological bents. Thinking of all of them as though they were one and orchestrated by some higher power is a form of simplemindedness often mistaken for cleverness by people who enjoy conspiracy theories.

Sure, there is plenty wrong with US news reporting across almost the entire spectrum, but some sources are much worse than others. Your job is to find the better ones and to stop listening to Fox News.

I just implied I do not watch the media, yet you still try to paint me as someone who watches fox news lmao.

Amd no, what I meant is how can anyone watch the news, which apart from the weather, is usually negative, intentionally worry some, filled to the brim with narratives to affect your emotions (gas lighting essentially). Its seriously a mental health hazard, and their business model supports it. Everyone I know who follows politics eventually succumbs to some form of existential nihilism, or depression.

Jaguar

Excerpt:

The issue popped up again last week when Sen. Kamala Harris said during a CNN climate town hall that she once sued Exxon Mobil. A fact-checker at the network rightly pointed out that she only investigated Exxon, while suing other oil companies. Harris’s campaign responded not by challenging the point of fact, but fact-checking itself in the Trump era.

“Trump spent the morning potentially illegally teasing out jobs numbers and lying about a massive hurricane's trajectory, but sure, let's spend our time on whether, as Attorney General, Kamala ‘sued’ vs. ‘investigated’ Exxon,” Ian Sams, her press secretary, wrote. “When parsing word choice is given the same treatment as intentional lies. . . it blurs the very lines ‘fact checkers’ are supposed to help keep drawn.”

Yes, I know Trump is a pathological liar and should be kicked to the curb as soon as possible. However, according to the article, Harris's campaign is whining for being fact-checked in an era where we have a Liar-in-Chief. If Harris didn't sue Exxon, then someone needs to tell her to cut the shit and stop saying she did. Suing is taking action against someone, investigating is merely gathering information. To equate the two is laughable, as is her campaign's whining about it. If anything, people running against Trump should be almost to the point of obsessive regarding the facts in order to hold oneself up in stark contrast. I have no sympathy for Harris - she needs to step up to the plate and do better.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone got the current ranking?

I'm already calling Biden and Warren at the top, because they are puppets. Sanders isn't going to get the nomination. He will pass the Baton again, probably to Warren since she didn't have an exploding eyeball lol. Yang memes can only carry him so far. I'm glad Kolbuchar is gaining some attention. I think that was the chick I liked. I didn't watch the "debates" as they are a shitshow normally. I will watch them when its down to 5.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Can we all agree that Kamala Harris is done? Stick a fork in her. Dems, especially black voters, do not like her because she was a proscecutor. It's the same with Mayor Pete; he has 0% approval among black voters. This is now a race between Biden/Crazy Bernie/Pochontas unless Oprah or Michelle steps in to save the day.

I didn't watch the last Dem debate because Marianne Williamson was absent and she's the only interesting one among the bunch.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone got the current ranking?

I'm already calling Biden and Warren at the top, because they are puppets. Sanders isn't going to get the nomination. He will pass the Baton again, probably to Warren since she didn't have an exploding eyeball lol. Yang memes can only carry him so far. I'm glad Kolbuchar is gaining some attention. I think that was the chick I liked. I didn't watch the "debates" as they are a shitshow normally. I will watch them when its down to 5.

Wait and see. It's still early. Frontrunners at this point in past cycles have seen their numbers erode by February. If it's a highly contested primary cycle and no clear leader in delegates emerges, it could be until early summer before we know who the nominee will be.

Personally, I'm still banking on Gabbard, even if she is a long shot. She's the only one who seems like a voice of reason rather than someone parroting the same wokeness platitudes to score culture points, like the rest of the pack.

If I had to choose between Bernie, Biden, and Warren, I'd choose Bernie. I'd hold my nose and get behind Warren if it were down to her and Biden.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Wait and see. It's still early. Frontrunners at this point in past cycles have seen their numbers erode by February. If it's a highly contested primary cycle and no clear leader in delegates emerges, it could be until early summer before we know who the nominee will be.

Personally, I'm still banking on Gabbard, even if she is a long shot. She's the only one who seems like a voice of reason rather than someone parroting the same wokeness platitudes to score culture points, like the rest of the pack.

If I had to choose between Bernie, Biden, and Warren, I'd choose Bernie. I'd hold my nose and get behind Warren if it were down to her and Biden.

She said she would pardon Snowden and Assange but I think Bernie would as well. Apparently she is also backing impeachment as of today.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Ah, okay. I don't see her winning anything even if Biden, Warren and Sanders weren't in the race.

No I don't either but I think she would want consideration for a cabinet position. I think whistle blowers like Reality Winner deserve a pardon just as much as Snowden too so it's good to see these conversations moving in the right direction.

Jaguar

No pardons from me. You don't just do whatever the fuck you want with classified material.

Jaguar

“She and I are after the same goals,” Buttigieg said to Bloomberg News about Warren, who raised $19.1 million in the second quarter but has not yet released her third-quarter haul. “But her pitch has a lot more to do with fighting—she’s more interested in the fighting part of it. I’m more interested in outcomes.”

I'm more interested in outcomes, too. I don't think she can see past her nose.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
“She and I are after the same goals,” Buttigieg said to Bloomberg News about Warren, who raised $19.1 million in the second quarter but has not yet released her third-quarter haul. “But her pitch has a lot more to do with fighting—she’s more interested in the fighting part of it. I’m more interested in outcomes.”

I'm more interested in outcomes, too. I don't think she can see past her nose.

Sounds like a VP pitch.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No I don't either but I think she would want consideration for a cabinet position. I think whistle blowers like Reality Winner deserve a pardon just as much as Snowden too so it's good to see these conversations moving in the right direction.

what cabinet position would you give her? National security advisor? Secretary of state?