User Tag List

First 2666747576777886126 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Isn't this why the League of Women Voters no longer participates in debates? Something to do with the 2000 election.

The League of Women Voters is, incidentally, an excellent source for information on local elections, at least in Chicago.
    Yeah I belong to the LWV and they haven't participated, I think, since about 1988, on the national level, due to all the bullshit. They replaced it with voter registration, outreach and the VOTE411 org for info. I agree, they are an excellent resource for election information.

Until the debates and everything about elections is out of the hands of the parties and back to non-partisan groups, it will be this way. But voters need to be vocal and militant af about it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yeah I belong to the LWV and they haven't participated, I think, since about 1988, on the national level, due to all the bullshit. They replaced it with voter registration, outreach and the VOTE411 org for info. I agree, they are an excellent resource for election information.
    For some reason, I thought it had something to do with 2000, when Nader and Buchanan received a little attention.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

For some reason, I thought it had something to do with 2000, when Nader and Buchanan received a little attention.
    League Refuses to "Help Perpetrate a Fraud" | League of Women Voters

"It has become clear to us that the candidates' organizations aim to add debates to their list of campaign-trail charades devoid of substance, spontaneity and honest answers to tough questions," Neuman said. "The League has no intention of becoming an accessory to the hoodwinking of the American public."
    How prognosticative.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This is going on my Facebook wall.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

19 days until the fun really starts. I have some business to do in Iowa coming up, but it will likely be in a few months so I will miss the madness.

I really enjoyed the 2008 caucus (not in Iowa) I attended for Obama. The Hillary side was all white and mostly middle to upper class, while the Obama side was extremely diverse by every measurement (and much bigger).

Caucuses are more entertaining than primaries.
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

So Bernie told everyone that he wanted Warren to run in 2016 but she chickened out. Could Warren have defeated Hillary? I think she could've, but we'll never know. I think her window closed in 2016.

I didn't watch the debate but I did hear clips of the responses. Klobuchar's answer about "getting together" with Iran so they'd give up their nuclear program was kinda stupid, but it's not important because everyone knows she isn't going to win. Kudos to Spartacus for not wasting our time anymore.

Bloomberg's too rich to even care about stupid debates; he's just going to outspend everyone 1000 to 1 in ads. His idea of campaigning is writing checks.
    Paraphrasing Bloomberg's farming comments: Farming is so easy, I can teach a monkey to do it in 2 seconds. You just dig a hole, put some seed in, add some water, and Bam! you got mangoes.
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Isn't this why the League of Women Voters no longer participates in debates? Something to do with the 2000 election.

The League of Women Voters is, incidentally, an excellent source for information on local elections, at least in Chicago.
    The League is indeed an excellent source of balanced, unbiased information about candidates and issues, including on the state and local levels. They never support any party or candidate, and take positions on issues only after careful study and deliberation. I have been a League member for years, in part to stay informed about local politics. The two main parties wrested control of debates away from the League in the late 80's. They invitied the League to participate in the 1988 debates, but placed too many conditions and the League declined. They still host debates or candidates nights at lower levels. See details here, in addition to the link @ceecee posted.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

If Elizabeth Warren said that I was calling her a liar, I'd say "That's right. You are one. It's been well documented. And you're also not a Native American."

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    If Elizabeth Warren said that I was calling her a liar, I'd say "That's right. You are one. It's been well documented. And you're also not a Native American."
    I really wish Warren had a better campaign manager. She could handily run over Sanders, but her own messaging instincts are bad, and her team appears unable to understand mass psychology beyond the scope of debates.

Warren and Buttigieg would be the best team to win the presidency. But by now I fear that Warren will fall to Sanders, Sanders will fall to Biden, and Buttigieg will not get a chance to wrest Biden voters away from the warm familiarity of the Obama years.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I really wish Warren had a better campaign manager. She could handily run over Sanders, but her own messaging instincts are bad, and her team appears unable to understand mass psychology beyond the scope of debates.

Warren and Buttigieg would be the best team to win the presidency. But by now I fear that Warren will fall to Sanders, Sanders will fall to Biden, and Buttigieg will not get a chance to wrest Biden voters away from the warm familiarity of the Obama years.
    You quoted me twice in one day. Such a treat!

I'm amazed that Elizabeth Warren is doing as well as she is with some of the mistakes she's made. Her management team needs to do better. These sorts of blunders would be a problem in the general election.