• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2020 Democratic Party primary thread

Nicodemus

He's genuinely a nice guy. But that doesn't mean I'm voting for him.
His problem is that he is completely forgettable. He reminds me of a thousand other 'tech guys', and he has used the debates to keep it exactly that way.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think some independents are just bandwagon hoppers. They just hop on with whoever people seem more enthusiastic about. I think this explains a portion of Obama-Trump voters.

Voter turnout is also driven by enthusiasm.

Does anyone actually think Biden can summon that much enthusiasm? Does anyone actually think his experience in D.C. is an asset? Is the only thing the country wants is to go back to the way things were before Trump (which is what Biden's campaign will center around)?

I certainly don't think so.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yang is the Dem version of Herman Cain and we all know how that turned out. If this politics thing doesn't pan out, maybe he can get a cooking show on PBS, Yang can cook!

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Definitely not voting for china-loving Bloomberg. Long live the Uighurs! (and Hong Kong, and Tibet, and the Christians, and Falun Gong). Come to think of it, I inferred somewhere Joe Biden was pro-China. exaggeration by Youtube channel China Uncensored, I don't know. Thoughts?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm an independent. I was leaning towards Elizabeth Warren, but I started to realize that the fear mongering about billionaires by left wing media lynch monsters was just a way of stirring up the poor and the youth (especially the youth). What people don't realize is that many billionaires are philanthropists, and sending a message that billionaries are not american or this and that is nonsense (including one trevor noah mocked for crying on cnbc, who himself was a philanthropist and did more for the poor than many of the lazy gen z and millennials most likely, without providing that detail). I would have voted for a pro-uighur centrist, or a progressive with less rage (although, to be honest, I don't follow american politics that much other than crises and economics).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Wow, she's either full of shit or there must be a lot of braindead people out there. I'll say this about Biden supporters... at least they back a guy who hasn't already lost to Trump.

She really needs to take a hint from Al Gore and disappear for a few years. Every time I hear her say something I'm reminded of why I wasn't enthused about voting for her in the first place.

Of course, I like Gore much better than Clinton, so that's not a fair comparison.

Jaguar

Iowa poll: Pete Buttigieg surges to first place - CNNPolitics

The mayor of South Bend, Indiana, holds a clear lead in the first-in-the-nation caucus state, climbing to 25% in a new CNN/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll of likely Iowa caucusgoers. That marks a 16-point increase in support for Buttigieg since the September CNN/DMR poll. This survey comes on the heels of other recent polls that have shown Buttigieg joining the top tier of the Democratic primary race in Iowa.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Iowa poll: Pete Buttigieg surges to first place - CNNPolitics

The mayor of South Bend, Indiana, holds a clear lead in the first-in-the-nation caucus state, climbing to 25% in a new CNN/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll of likely Iowa caucusgoers. That marks a 16-point increase in support for Buttigieg since the September CNN/DMR poll. This survey comes on the heels of other recent polls that have shown Buttigieg joining the top tier of the Democratic primary race in Iowa.

Are you a Buttigieg guy? I'd be fine with Buttigieg winning the nomination. My approach to this whole thing is "anybody-but-Biden."

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I worry Pete is just another neolib centrist riding on his woke credentials, but I'm also glad to see Iowa voters putting aside any issues they may have had with his sexuality.

Jaguar

Are you a Buttigieg guy? I'd be fine with Buttigieg winning the nomination. My approach to this whole thing is "anybody-but-Biden."

If you bothered to read my posts earlier in the thread, you would already know Pete is on my short list. I had my eye on him when he was running for DNC chair in 2017. When he lost I said, "Who gives a shit? You'll run for president." He did.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I worry Pete is just another neolib centrist riding on his woke credentials, but I'm also glad to see Iowa voters putting aside any issues they may have had with his sexuality.

Probably, but he seems more capable of mustering up the enthusiasm necessary to beat Trump. Biden's been phoning the damn thing in and I don't think anyone was actually excited about the prospect of voting for him. He also has decades of experience as a Washnington insider, which is not exactly an asset, but I don't think he's savvy enough to realize that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Then vote for the Washington 'outsider' in the White House. MAGA!

Hey, I'm just stating why Biden is a shit candidate. I have reasons for thinking he's shit beyond him just being a neolib centrist.

"Electable" candidates that people don't actually want to vote for are not electable. Buttigieg has enough passionate supporters that he doesn't fall into that category.

Jaguar

Hey, I'm just stating why Biden is a shit candidate.

Having experience in Washington hardly makes one a shit candidate. One of the many reasons Trump sucks shit is he doesn't have any at all, has no idea how anything works, and should go back to wearing his Century 21 jacket.