• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2020 Democratic Party primary thread

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I wish 3rd party was a logical option considering Biden has a history of...well not being much better than Trump in sexual manners.

Was logical ? I admit I don't get the American mindset in this "2 party system" issue.
If we want to talk about logic the most logical thing to do would be to ignore the incoming debates completely. In other words on the election day after work all the unhappy, none-voters, independents and etc. should just go to voting place and drop +1 for what seems like the most structured and reasonable 3rd party on the menu. That is ALL people have to do, take an hour or two and nothing will ever be the same.

However since people aren't logical ......

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Was logical ? I admit I don't get the American mindset in this "2 party system" issue.
If we want to talk about logic the most logical thing to do would be to ignore the incoming debates completely. In other words on the election day after work all the unhappy, none-voters, independents and etc. should just go to voting place and drop +1 for what seems like the most structured and reasonable 3rd party on the menu. That is ALL people have to do, take an hour or two and nothing will ever be the same.

I once considered that. I don't think it's terribly likely, at least not in 2020. If going with the "electable" candidate fails again in 2020, then who knows? That might be enough to make the Democrats go the way of the Whigs. I'd be ok with that. They deserve that if they lose to Trump again for the exact same reasons. Some people think the issue in 2016 was really just Hillary, and Biden will be fine, but I'm not terribly convinced by that argument.

FYI, the last third party to become successful in the U.S. was the Republican Party in 1860. In that case, the catalyst was the issue of slavery. I think these days, following a Biden defeat, it would be hard to point to just one catalyst.

If Biden wins in 2020, then it's a matter of taking over the Democratic Party.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In the 2016 election, I had studied up and was going to vote for an independent candidate. He was a former veteran who shared a great deal of my philosophies: a bit liberal socially, but when it came to border controls and such he was more conservative. I had done heavy research into every single candidate that year and my grandpa told me that voting for a 3rd party is an empty pointless vote. So instead election day, I cried in the voting booth and said mentally "America is fucked. Trump and Clinton both suck, they are both terrible candidates who are out of touch with the real needs of the population, and no one cares to educate themselves on options." PEOPLE WASTED TIME VOTING FOR HARAMBE, A DEAD GORILLA. THIS. WAS. MY. FIRST. ELECTION. I can understand why some kids find it pointless and disheartening to even apply the effort.

Now my election #2 is idiot with a shit history whose arrogance comes before having a brain and suggests grabbin by the pussy vs. the other sexual predator and as someone who got groomed by a predator online at 12 years old I don't think anyone realizes for victims how fucking awful the idea of voting for anyone like that is. Let alone the Biden pedo claims, that makes everything so much worse to the point for my sanity, I am likely going third party or write in. There's not one slightly moral than the other. Fuck that philosophy. Fuck the people calling centrists ill in the head. Fuck the people judging abuse victims who do not want to vote because voting for one of them is basically a lose lose. Fuck that.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

However since people aren't logical ......

You forget one thing about americans- the only thing that matters to us is that our opponents lose. Vote for someone reasonable we like? Who has time for that when THEY must be stopped at all costs!

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish 3rd party was a logical option considering Biden has a history of...well not being much better than Trump in sexual manners.

but I signed up for a democratic ballot on my absentee ballot so we'll see what comes of things. I sometimes don't really know which way I'm gonna go. I felt Hillary was awful but when put in the booth, I put her name down because I felt morally worse voting for Trump.

I don't think I like the election ideology of voting for the lesser of two evils...

When one evil is significantly worse than the other, I think it makes sense to at least pick to place a vote in someone who at the very least cares to fulfill the duties of the position in earnest, even if all their politics don't align necessarily with my own. I don't even see it so much as political as I do about what the dire ramifications a 2nd Trump could have on not only the foundation of this country, but the world. The man completely lacks empathy, and only seems committed to take actions insofar as he can see a tangible benefit for himself or his cronies. I'd be scared to see what the identity of this country will be with another four years with him at the helm.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd be scared to see what the identity of this country will be with another four years with him at the helm.

It'd probably be like INTPc. For anyone unaware, that's not an endorsement.

This time around, I suppose I'll just ingratiate myself to the handbra ladies with empty flattery about their unparalleled beauty and intelligence. That would probably work. Anyone else who I might have to worry about would be mollified by the glimpse of a quasi boob. They'd probably forget about their theory about how the Holocaust didn't happen because they almost saw a woman's nipples (For how else can one, even in dreams, approach the lofty, intoxicating heights of PG sexuality? These precious fruits are truly beyond the grasp of mortals such as these.).

Oh dear, I just realized most of the people here have no idea what I'm rambling about.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You forget one thing about americans- the only thing that matters to us is that our opponents lose. Vote for someone reasonable we like? Who has time for that when THEY must be stopped at all costs!

This is exactly why I said illogical. Why get one bird if you can get both ? From what I understand the majority of US are none voters, independents etc.
I mean US obviously doesn't have enough of collective and rebellious spirit to birth a 3rd party win, so things will mostly stay the way they are.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bernie was legit the only one who had a chance against Trump. DNC is fucking retarded. I have sympathy for Bernie bros. Even if I would never vote for him.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Bernie was legit the only one who had a chance against Trump. DNC is fucking retarded. I have sympathy for Bernie bros. Even if I would never vote for him.

You're precisely the person who would benefit most from Bernie but you wouldn't vote for him because.....?

This should be printed and framed as THE example of voting against your interests. This level of cognitive impairment in a young person probably needs documenting. Joe Biden at least has the age excuse.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're precisely the person who would benefit most from Bernie but you wouldn't vote for him because.....?

This should be printed and framed as THE example of voting against your interests. This level of cognitive impairment in a young person probably needs documenting. Joe Biden at least has the age excuse.

I think his heart is in the right place, just that he isn't the one to do it. I didn't find his plan anything more than idealistic. Everytime that happens, it gets stuck in purgatory hell and makes things worse when they try to impliment it. Obama ruined my insurance the first time around. I do not want to be taxed out the ass for "Healthcare for all". I could literally pay out of my pocket with less interest, and using what woul have gone to insurance/the government into a bank account to use to pay for it when I need to. Other than that, I could care less what the government is doing since I only care about being able to work. Since Trump took office, my wages have risen 3 times. As well as 2 promotions, all due to more jobs available making wages more competative in my area. I feel that I am well off. I just paid off my car, and when I am done with my final loan I am buying a house.

How is Trump against my interests, and how is Bernie in my interest? Also, I am 29.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Democrats, It’s Time to Consider a Plan B

But it is also possible that this won’t just go away, and that it will demoralize voters and place Mr. Biden at a disadvantage against Mr. Trump in the general election, despite the fact that Mr. Trump has a damning list of accusers alleging sexual offenses. For a candidate mainly favored for his presumed electability and the perception of empathy and decency, that’s a serious liability.

This is probably a Hillary supporter who wants to clear the field. I do think Biden is damaged goods and the first time we see Tara Reade cry or sob on TV when asked about the incident, that'll be the end of Biden's campaign. So wooo hooooo, we get Hillary for a 3rd time and Bernie gets screwed once again. I love it.