• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can someone explain to me why people supported Brexit in the first place?

Lark

Like I say, if I had the original material I would keep it on constant share on social media to remind people who and what the libdems are but I dont, the closest I can find is clips of the apology video, that he had to release an apology video should tell something:

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Just another week in the House of Commons;

Two court cases to stop prorogue of parliament have failed as it been decided it is constitutional.

Cross-party group of backbench MPs have succeeded in their attempt to take control of the Commons order paper and try to push through a bill seeking an extension to Brexit to at least 31 January, blocking a seemingly likely no-deal departure on 31 October.

For 328
Against 301

All the 21 rebel Conservative MPs have been expelled from party

Guto Bebb, Aberconwy

Richard Benyon, Newbury

Steve Brine, Winchester

Alistair Burt, North East Bedfordshire

Greg Clark, Tunbridge Wells

Kenneth Clarke, Rushcliffe

David Gauke, South West Hertfordshire

Justine Greening, Putney

Dominic Grieve, Beaconsfield

Sam Gyimah, East Surrey

Philip Hammond, Runnymede and Weybridge

Stephen Hammond, Wimbledon

Richard Harrington, Watford

Margot James, Stourbridge

Sir Oliver Letwin, West Dorset

Anne Milton, Guildford

Caroline Nokes, Romsey and Southampton North

Antoinette Sandbach, Eddisbury

Sir Nicholas Soames, Mid Sussex

Rory Stewart, Penrith and The Border

Edward Vaizey, Wantage

Government fails to get the 434 votes required to trigger a general election as Labour whips MPs to abstain

For

Against

Luciana Berger joins Lib Dems and Boris' brother Jo to stand down both minister and MP as "torn between family loyalty and the national interest".

Lark

I was reading yesterday that there was a report that the UK is supposedly the site of some extreme inbreeding.

Like it was primary ties not even secondary ties that where examined and it was not simply the sad cases of incest which are discovered by police and social services but more elite circles, I'm going to see if I can find the article, it was on the basis of some biobank gathering of biometric information, which is a private source, so they were reporting that they believe the reality could be much higher incidence than they had reported.

It was linked to all kinds of disability and cognitive decline.

I was even wondering if it was a consequence of the biometric profile in a monocultural, monoethnic gene culture but I'm not sure that would account for primary ties incest.

Lark

Thousands in UK born as result of ‘extreme inbreeding’, study suggests

I find this sort of thing chilling.

The same as the stuff about the incidence of the shrunken head children in Latin America having the exact same spread as some experiment by Monsanto or something with pesticides which were meant to effect the abilities of mosquitoes to reproduce.

Its not something that a I think is conspiracy so much as the consequences of undiscovered and unaccountable conduct, there's secrecy involved in each scenario, although its a mistake to think they are both the same thing. There could be conspiracies, I'm sure there are, plural, all the time (mainly organised crime) but the greater part of the problems arise from the later explanation, I think, not sure if it should be considered entropy or social atrophy, it happens though.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Something to do with masses of cognitively impaired mobs following unscrupulous leaders who could even be as badly impaired themselves.

You know, like the hoards of Mordor or something. :shock::shock:
:shrug:

You do realise that everyone of European decent is pretty much 25 cousins at most don't you?

Honeydew

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFJ
Can someone explain to me why people supported Brexit in the first place?

Ringo Starr can explain it to you.

Ringo Starr wants people of Britain to 'get on' with Brexit

Ringo Starr has described his impatience for Britain to “get on with” Brexit, declaring that “to be in control of your country is a good move”.

The Beatles drummer has previously stated his allegiance to the Brexit cause, claiming “we’re all stuck with people who want to make arrangements for their own country and don’t think for the other countries”.

In a new interview with the BBC’s Newsnight, the musician, who has spent many years living in Monaco, reiterated his stance on 2016’s referendum:

“The people voted and, you know, they have to get on with it,” he said. “Suddenly, it’s like, ‘Oh, well, we don’t like that vote. What do you mean you don’t like that vote? You had the vote, this is what won, let’s get on with it.”

Starr has previously stated that he did vote leave, however during the Newsnight interview he was asked whether or not he “would have” voted for Brexit, suggesting that he may not have voted at all. “Yeah I would have voted to get out... But don’t tell Bob Geldof,” he said.

He also concluded: “I think it’s a great move I think, you know, to be in control of your country is a good move.”

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Ringo Starr has described his impatience for Britain to “get on with” Brexit, declaring that “to be in control of your country is a good move”.

The Beatles drummer has previously stated his allegiance to the Brexit cause, claiming “we’re all stuck with people who want to make arrangements for their own country and don’t think for the other countries”.

In a new interview with the BBC’s Newsnight, the musician, who has spent many years living in Monaco, reiterated his stance on 2016’s referendum:

“The people voted and, you know, they have to get on with it,” he said. “Suddenly, it’s like, ‘Oh, well, we don’t like that vote. What do you mean you don’t like that vote? You had the vote, this is what won, let’s get on with it.”

Starr has previously stated that he did vote leave, however during the Newsnight interview he was asked whether or not he “would have” voted for Brexit, suggesting that he may not have voted at all. “Yeah I would have voted to get out... But don’t tell Bob Geldof,” he said.

He also concluded: “I think it’s a great move I think, you know, to be in control of your country is a good move.”

I thought you were too traumatized to interact with me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Easy to say when you're living, for years, 1000+ miles away. Being in control of your own country is a good move. Holding a vote half assed with no contingency plan, no idea what is coming, no stability or consistency? Not a good move. But by all means, get on with it.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Supreme Court unanimously agreed the prorogation was unlawful as it unduly blocked democratic process without sufficient justification.

Told you so... :bye:

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
It is unclear what impact on Brexit the Supreme Court judgement will have as it is more symbolic than anything. Since the whole purpose of the proroguing failed in that parliament has already pass law requiring an extension.

In most normal times the PM would be expected to resign since he was found to have acted unlawful. But these are not normal time, as usually when there is one of the most incompetent PM ever the opposition does not usually chicken out of an election. It seems hard to see how this can be resolved without general election and that will end up in another result similar too 2017 election given the current polls.:doh: