User Tag List

First 789

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    Because the president is incapable, congress is inane, and the American public is ignorant.
    But...but...but....Trump will actually go out of his way to clarify any comment that might have fallen victim to misinterpretation...

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee
    Because we don't want open borders.
    Now you're just lying to yourself and that's sad. If Dems didn't want open borders, they'd have funded the wall and they'd have funded it decades ago. They certainly wouldn't call for the abolishment of ICE and they certainly wouldn't support amnesty because that would just attract more immigrants.
    Oh no!!! I've lost my sense of humor today; let's hope it returns soon.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Now you're just lying to yourself and that's sad. If Dems didn't want open borders, they'd have funded the wall and they'd have funded it decades ago. They certainly wouldn't call for the abolishment of ICE and they certainly wouldn't support amnesty because that would just attract more immigrants.
    I don't believe I have ever said a word about abolishing ICE but how did we survive without them before 2003 if calls to abolish them are so radical? If the GOP would cease their authoritarian advance, or be stopped, the Patriot Act could be repealed and all the agencies put back under their normal auspices, ending the massive fiscal waste needed to fund a behemoth agency with the power to remove every freedom you possess. Stop believing everything you hear on TV and read online about the left and stop being lead around by the fear the right spoon feeds you.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I don't believe I have ever said a word about abolishing ICE
    These Democrats want to abolish ICE

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rep. Mark Pocan of Wisconsin, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, and Senator Elizabeth Warren have all stated they want to abolish ICE. The other Dems are just too chicken to admit it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

These Democrats want to abolish ICE

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rep. Mark Pocan of Wisconsin, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, and Senator Elizabeth Warren have all stated they want to abolish ICE. The other Dems are just too chicken to admit it.
    And? Stop taking it so literally.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Deprecator View Post
    Except unlike God Trump will actually go out of his way to clarify any comment that might have fallen victim to misinterpretation. To this end it's very telling how often people choose to ignore these clarifications entirely and instead prefer their initial interpretation.

For an example this literally happened with the wall; trump himself clarified that the wall could be paid for indirectly through tariffs or other components of immigration reform, and yet regardless we still have this thread now that literally starts out with "if mexico is going to pay for the wall".
    The question in the OP still applies 100% even if Mexico is going to pay for the thing indirectly.

Unless "pay" means something else. Mybe we mean that they will metaphorically pay..? Like with apologies rather than with money..? Maybe they have already "paid" attention..?

Most of his clarifications are simply moving goalposts. So none of that would be out of character.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

And?
    And I was right and you were wrong. You suggested that Dems don't support abolishing ICE; that's not the case.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

And I was right and you were wrong. You suggested that Dems don't support abolishing ICE; that's not the case.
    You are too easy.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

WASHINGTON — President Trump threatened on Friday to keep the federal government partially closed for “months or even years” if he does not get money to build a wall along the southern border, but he also expressed optimism he could reach agreement with congressional Democrats within days.
    President Donald Trump said Frday he is considering declaring a national emergency to help pay for his long-desired border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The president, when asked by ABC News' senior national correspondent Terry Moran during a press conference, acknowledged that he would consider declaring a national emergency to help get funds to build the wall "for the security of our country".
    My toddler also plays 5D chess
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bush View Post
    My toddler also plays 5D chess
    4D is enough for me.

ISFP
    4w5 1w2 7w6 sx/so
    Likes Bush liked this post