User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so

In a way this is what I was saying a number of times, looking at certain numbers at face value can lead into misleading conclusions.

Bloomberg - Who Has the World's No.1 Economy? Not the U.S.

The fact is that today there is multipolar world out there and America will be just one of the poles in it. Because America became superior mainly because after ww2 the rest of world was in ruins and after that there was cold war in which Soviets were so bad that everyone that was in position sided with US. However now things have basically returned into some more natural balance, so the quicker the America realize that it can't control everybody in this new geopolitical puzzle more quickly it will stabilize. Because any claim that others are mostly idiots is likely to prove counter-productive, they may be idoits towards your values but that doesn't necessary make them trully ineffective.

Plus in the military there is also obvious attempt of catching up.

But even here the numbers can be misleading. If your soldiers and engineers work for 10 or 20 times smaller wages the concrete picture should be "somewhat" different than what numbers/capitalistic logic says on the issue.

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so

The problem is that America even if it tries it can't really make consumer products that most of the world can't afford (since average Joe is actually third worlder that works for 150$ a month). What allows China to make numerous alliances and influences that American can't really match. No tax reform can't match so big difference in labour force, that is simply a fact. So in order to get out of this one there has to be something out of the box, like increased civil liberties, promise of much much cleaner environment, better education, huge investments in infrastructure (that are vital for new industrialization) ... something. The only way you can match this is through offering quality in constrast with china, but American establishment want to fight this head on and that is the fight they are likely to lose.

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so

This should be in the europe thread but I will put it here.

Polish senate passes Holocaust bill despite Israeli protests

Poland's Senate approves Holocaust bill that sparked a row with Israel

This is especially "interesting" because this topic has the potential to destroy relations between US and Poland, which were considered to be very solid. I didn't really believe that it is possible to find the topic that would have so much potential for causing the rift, but it seem that "someone" managed to pull the right topic. The extra "fun" part is that I can totally see a number of other countries in the region doing exactly the same.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post

This is especially "interesting" because this topic has the potential to destroy relations between US and Poland, which were considered to be very solid. I didn't really believe that it is possible to find the topic that would have so much potential for causing the rift, but it seem that "someone" managed to pull the right topic. The extra "fun" part is that I can totally see a number of other countries in the region doing exactly the same.
    So, there are fines or a maximum three-year jail term for anyone who refers to Nazi German death camps as Polish or accuses Poland of complicity in the Third Reich's crimes? That's a seriously pathological level of denial. I can absolutely see other countries trying this - so many seem hell bent on returning the entire world to the 1930's, including the US administration.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    So, there are fines or a maximum three-year jail term for anyone who refers to Nazi German death camps as Polish or accuses Poland of complicity in the Third Reich's crimes? That's a seriously pathological level of denial. I can absolutely see other countries trying this - so many seem hell bent on returning the entire world to the 1930's, including the US administration.

Judging by the news ... yes.
    The thing is that if Poland can get away with this very quckly a number of European nations will probably do something similar. However if you counter-push this too hard on Poland you will be pushing it towards Russia.

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post

Polish president to sign controversial Holocaust bill into law

It seems that Poland just doesn't care what US and partners think about this.

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so

I see that China is banning the Hip-hop culture from TV. Since it isn't compatible with the teachings of "the party".

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so

It seems that India evidently decided to step into "US sphere of influence".

India's Narendra Modi meets Mahmoud Abbas in West Bank

MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    315 sp/so