12311 Last

Thread: Political View:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI None

Default Political View:

Without denigrating the other party, what do democrats stand for and what do republicans stand for?

I am generalizing liberals see the future, what is needed for progressive change. Conservatives keep the status quo and stabilize society. Both are a reality (whether my generalization offers merit or not both realists and idealists and both liberals and conservatives are needed). The problem is how to negotiate the chasm of variant belief systems and spewed negativity.
    Likes Typh0n liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

The modern republican party does stand for anything. Nearly everything they claim to stand for is a sham. They abuse power, lie, obstruct, manipulate, and reduce the quality of life of those around them for personal gain, or no reason at all.

Am I spewing negativity? Yup, but tough shit. I am not going to gloss over the republican party. That IS how they are. They are not good, and I loath anyone that tries to be "fair" about them. Being fair means pointing out that the party is a crock of shit.
    Likes Yay, Flâneuse, bechimo, Avocado liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Lol.
    In challenge lies opportunity.
    Likes Zarathustra liked this post

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    The modern republican party does stand for anything. Nearly everything they claim to stand for is a sham. They abuse power, lie, obstruct, manipulate, and reduce the quality of life of those around them for personal gain, or no reason at all.
    This current iteration of the Republican Party will serve as a lesson to future generations on the dangers of a political party engaging in groupthink behavior and emphasizing loyalty over country and morality, insofar that they'd rather behind an alleged pedophile for no other reason than party affiliation and to further their own agenda.

Honestly, in their current state the Republican act as a religious organization more than a political party (encouraging blind faith amongst their constituents, engaging in fallacious attacks against opposing parties, ect).
    Likes Tater, Hard, LucieCat, bechimo, lightsun and 1 others liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Honestly, in their current state the Republican act as a religious organization than a political party.
    No kidding.

Top Trump administration officials flock to weekly Bible study classes at White House - The Washington Post
    In challenge lies opportunity.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    This current iteration of the Republican Party will serve as a lesson to future generations on the dangers of a political party engaging in groupthink behavior and emphasizing loyalty over country and morality, insofar that they'd rather behind an alleged pedophile for no other reason than party affiliation and to further their own agenda.

Honestly, in their current state the Republican act as a religious organization more than a political party (encouraging blind faith amongst their constituents, engaging in fallacious attacks against opposing parties, ect).
    This. Until that changes, we really don't have much to talk about and frankly, too much agreement between the two parties has often masked serious problems - common ground isn't always the answer. I don't want elite consensus and just sweep things under the rug. And I think now might just be the right time to address immigration, race and violence, the attacks on our secular government, states rights that discriminate against damn near everyone but the white males (don't bitch at me, bitch at state legislatures for making it so)....

The Dems do this too, it's not just the GOP and it's been around a long time. I don't especially like it, I never have but they are free to practice a religion themselves.

The Fellowship (Christian organization) - Wikipedia
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Tater, Hard, LucieCat, lightsun liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

They're all sucking the same side of the campaign finance feedbag with slightly differing window dressings.

If any moron looks at the realities of Federal legislation and policies since almost forever... We had Clinton, implementing Bush's Military proposals...we had Dubya' implementing the largest social welfare reform since LBJ. Policies that were infinitely more Liberal than Conservative. Next we have Obama, taking the "Bush Doctrine" to the point where if Obama weren't Obama, and it was the village idiot pulling that shit overseas. They'd run Bush out of town, where Obama escaped criticism and landed the Peace Prize and a free pass to audacious mendacity.

Anyone who failed to notice is still asheep.
    Likes ChocolateMoose123 liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    They're all sucking the same side of the campaign finance feedbag with slightly differing window dressings.

If any moron looks at the realities of Federal legislation and policies since almost forever... We had Clinton, implementing Bush's Military proposals...we had Dubya' implementing the largest social welfare reform since LBJ. Policies that were infinitely more Liberal than Conservative. Next we have Obama, taking the "Bush Doctrine" to the point where if Obama weren't Obama, and it was the village idiot pulling that shit overseas. They'd run Bush out of town, where Obama escaped criticism and landed the Peace Prize and a free pass to audacious mendacity.

Anyone who failed to notice is still asheep.
    Whataboutism - Wikipedia

Your argument mean nothing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Whataboutism - Wikipedia

Your argument mean nothing.
    You can't disagree that they all suck from the same campaign finance teat. The money is too good and too big for any politician, regardless of party, to stop it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes biohazard, Typh0n, ChocolateMoose123 liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    258 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Unfortunately I do not know lots of US-American political parties. In my country we have other parties with whom we are satisfied/not satisfied as well.
    So I decide to abstain from talking about something I have no idea about
    MBTI: INFJ
    Enneagram:2w1 5w4 8w7 so/sx/sp
    Socionic:EII, Fi
    Astrology:Capricorn Sun - Taurus Moon - Aquarius Rising
    Aura Colors: Primary Color Indigo, Secondary Color Blue

more to see and to find out...

Wings

On great white gentle wings
    Your soul rise towards Heaven,
    Hover to the stars.

Souls