User Tag List

First 123 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This turned out to be a very pertinent question. since it is looking like there is a very good chance Hillary Clinton wins the popular vote in spite of losing the electoral college.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Yeah, so far such a thing has happened only four times in the history of the U.S., where a candidate loses despite winning the popular vote.

Not sure if it really applied in this case though, given the odds against Clinton today - both in terms of the popular vote and in terms of the electoral votes.

My parents feel that those who said they would vote for Clinton lied and instead secretly voted for Trump or else the "silent majority" decided not to speak up until now.
    Just because somebody does not love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Confessions of a Kashmirican

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"
    Likes iwakar liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    Yeah, so far such a thing has happened only four times in the history of the U.S., where a candidate loses despite winning the popular vote.

Not sure if it really applied in this case though, given the odds against Clinton today - both in terms of the popular vote and in terms of the electoral votes.

My parents feel that those who said they would vote for Clinton lied and instead secretly voted for Trump or else the "silent majority" decided not to speak up until now.
    TFW at least half the people you know who openly lamented Trump cast a stealth vote for him anyway.
    "What makes me think of me
    is the poor jerk who wanders out on air
    and then looks down. Below his feet, he sees
    eternity, and suddenly his shoes
    no longer work on nothingness, and down
    he goes. As I fall past, remember me."
    Likes Maya Dawn liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post

The difference in the popular vote is so slim it really doesn't matter. For all intents and purposes they tied the popular vote which is exactly what you'd expect in a two-party country that's been polarized during an election cycle.
    Likes Maya Dawn liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

For all you Clinton supporting, Bernie supporting, Democrats, and/or general Leftists and/or left leaning independents and/or Trump hating people I'd recommend you don't 'Al Gore' this and rise up and help President Trump really make this country great again. We've got a lot of problems and it takes everyone to make a difference not just Trump himself and people on the Right. The Left doesn't always have horrible ideas and we need the balance and that perspective heard. If the Left whines, complains, takes their ball and goes home then you're not doing your part to balance this country.

Suck it up and move forward as Americans pls.
    Likes Typh0n, SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by ZNP-TBA View Post
    The difference in the popular vote is so slim it really doesn't matter. For all intents and purposes they tied the popular vote which is exactly what you'd expect in a two-party country that's been polarized during an election cycle.
    Its what happens whe you choose a side as opposed to finding the best mediator for the people. Split down middle, same old shit different party.
    Im out, its been fun

I was watching the whole "show" last night (for the first time) and to be honest because of whole electoral college thing I had a sense that I am watching Eurovision song contest.

x: And now we will be going to the xyz state where y awaits us with results of the vote.
    y: Thank you very much, yes the voting stopped 20 minutes ago and number are all accounted for.
    x: So how did the state vote ?
    y: In the year 2016 the state xyz is giving 16 point to the .....

Pure eurovision, those that ever watched one will get what I am talking about.
    Likes Falcarius liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Thought this was helpful... basically, it's gonna be difficult to get rid of.

Most People Hate The Electoral College, But It’s Not Going Away Soon | FiveThirtyEight

...According to the National Archives, there have been more proposed constitutional amendments to change the Electoral College than any other topic (700 proposals in Congress in the last 200 years!). ...

...So why is this still the system we have? Part of the answer is that it’s very difficult to amend the Constitution, requiring an organized, concerted effort to keep the proposed change on the agenda in Congress. The amendment process requires even more than that, though; after a proposed amendment passes in Congress, it has to be approved by three-fourths of the states. (There’s an alternate path to amending the Constitution, but it’s even more arcane.) And enough states are made more influential in the Electoral College that they wouldn’t be on board with a constitutional change.
    ... since it basically gives power to the more rural less populated states, they aren't as inclined to vote to change it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    LSI Se

and yet, we hear no more complaints...
    In challenge lies opportunity.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Thought this was helpful... basically, it's gonna be difficult to get rid of.

Most People Hate The Electoral College, But It’s Not Going Away Soon | FiveThirtyEight

... since it basically gives power to the more rural less populated states, they aren't as inclined to vote to change it.
    The constitution is ridiculously hard to change, and some times some really stupid crap is specified in there.
    Go to sleep, iguana.