User Tag List

123 Last

Post “IST”: Gender Valued not Neutral

Would You Rather be a Feminist or Have Cancer?
    F*ck cancer. Thread question obviously posed by someone who has not sat by a Grandparent’s bedside and watched them suffer into a skeleton.

I’ve decided I identify as an “IST”. Plain and simple. A human. Citizen of the globe.*

~ Am I glad that women fought to have those of feminine persuasion declared legally as persons? Yep. Won’t forget or diminish the efforts made to get that done.

~ Am I irritated that I didn’t even know the male equivalent for feminism was ‘masculinism’ without looking it up? Yep. Cuz men are too often marginalized. On a recent trip to Asia I was DISMAYED by the lack of facilities for my single Father travelling companion. It’s like the concept of ‘Father’ didn’t exist publicly.

~ Am I frustrated how many children are forced into slavery to feed the sexual desires of perverts or to work long days with a pittance of pay? Yep. Makes me sick.

Offended equally by each individual social injustice committed around the globe.

When with friends in teens or 20’s, we rarely discuss gender issues There is a general consensus that it’s already been done…somewhat out-dated. This is a group of people who increasingly perceive society less by gender definitions at all.

They think in terms of ‘normal’ not ‘alternative’ lifestyles. They are consumed by the civil rights of the Trans community, violations involving child marriage or mutilation, treatment of intellectuals who are perceived as dissidents…

Stuff I have 'learnt' from other threads:

Modern men are forced to become metrosexual rapists - cuz women won’t grant access to their egg baskets…

Modern women are welfare sluts or family-hating career robots…

It’s when one side starts to vilify the other ^ that my attention usually wanders. Don’t bomb an abortion clinic to show me you value the sanctity of life. What is an intelligent and persuasive argument that extends beyond “it’s not fair” or “they got the bigger piece”???

The ISSUES usually arise when people worry about not being represented or heard. Being undermined, underpaid or overlooked.

The general attitude of people I choose to be around is: e v e r y 1 = matters. Cuz legit gender gripes DO exist. Distinct needs and wants that need to be reconciled and implemented. But, always with the understanding: every INDIVIDUAL is worthy of fair treatment.

I don’t want to be a neutral gender. I like being feminine. I am sexually attracted to men. That’s me. But, my classmate may be a woman transitioning into a man who is attracted to females. My friend may be a more sensitive male who is attracted to women. My neighbour may be a rugged cisgender male, attracted to men and women.

Not neutral. Diverse and deserving: of just, unbiased & fair treatment.

I didn’t enjoy the cancer analogy in that other thread. But, future generations may indeed look upon these volatile gender discussions: as malignant. A pervasive lack of common sense that required amputation, before real salvage and growth could occur.

*Not egalitarian because realistically I don’t think it’s possible for all people to be treated as equal. I DO think it’s possible to treat all people fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    F*ck cancer. Thread question obviously posed by someone who has not sat by a Grandparent’s bedside and watched them suffer into a skeleton.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Or parent. Or sister.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    Socionics
    SLI

What's IST?

MBTI
    yupp

My theory is some are trolls and don't believe what they post in reality. While others do but its out of fair because for the first time in a really long time they can't be dicks and get away with it as easily. I think of the preschool child analogy the child had never had to share then all of sudden has to share his/her toys and throws a tantrum because their world is changing

Garbage human

^^I think she's rejecting -ISMs.

those ideologies that eat away at our ability too form individualized worldviews. The more isms we cling to, the more of our selves we risk eroding.
    'When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.'

-Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by S16M4 View Post
    What's IST?
    Just the way I will be categorizing myself henceforth when people ask if I am a feminIST, masculinIST, humanIST...

I don't really identify with what people often mean using those & same-such words. So, I am adopting it as code for how I feel about the things I believe in. (The interests of ALL humanity )
    Likes Ivy, S16M4, Poki liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    ^^I think she's rejecting -ISMs.

those ideologies that eat away at our ability too form individualized worldviews. The more isms we cling to, the more of our selves we risk eroding.

Likes asynartetic liked this post

Permabanned
    Socionics
    SLI

ぜんぜん意味わからんけど。。
    @Cloudpatrol

Noble idea. By rejecting labels, you make your own label.

Is labeling oneself an important endeavor where you're from?

Garbage human

Just the way I will be categorizing myself henceforth when people ask if I am a feminIST, masculinIST, humanIST...

I don't really identify with what people often mean using those & same-such words. So, I am adopting it as code for how I feel about the things I believe in. (The interests of ALL humanity )
    Humanist?
    'When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.'

-Cicero