User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

It doesn't matter if you reject labels other people don't and they're going to label you and use it against you regardless if its accurate or not.

Garbage human

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    It doesn't matter if you reject labels other people don't and they're going to label you and use it against you regardless if its accurate or not.
    Coat yourself in an anti-adhesive before leaving the house, then watch as they try and fail to attach their labels and the labels fall to the ground.
    'When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.'

-Cicero
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

Permabanned
    Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    She's a one wolf wolfpack
    Hmph...

We're an interesting species though. We love our labels and simultaneously reject too many labels. It's like we have an automatic system of checks and balances built in.
    We create artificial tribes.

If you're in a band, that's your tribe. Sports team = tribe. Gang = tribe. Race team = tribe. Hell, even the Mathletes = tribe.

I think it's when one lacks a tribe which acts upon the real world that they invest heavily into ideological tribes.

I'm still trying to figure out where religion fits into all of this. I think the artificial tribes create their own mini-religion and beliefs/rituals.

Probably wrong, and I could be full of shit.
    Likes asynartetic, Cloudpatrol liked this post

Garbage human

Quote Originally Posted by S16M4 View Post
    Hmph...

We create artificial tribes.

If you're in a band, that's your tribe. Sports team = tribe. Gang = tribe. Race team = tribe. Hell, even the Mathletes = tribe.

I think it's when one lacks a tribe which acts upon the real world that they invest heavily into ideological tribes.

I'm still trying to figure out where religion fits into all of this. I think the artificial tribes create their own mini-religion and beliefs/rituals.

Probably wrong, and I could be full of shit.
    I do miss the comradery that came with being in a band.
    'When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.'

-Cicero
    Likes Cloudpatrol, S16M4 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    We are the people who know that you cannot define what a "Humanist" is outside of abstract ideas does because its 100% situation dependent. Can a Humanist kill a person...yes. Can they condemn killing a person...yes. It all depends on the situation.
    Exactly. How many brilliant minds have attempted to define what it is to be human? Nevermind a "good" human :P

I am not going to agree being defined by 'code words' that mean entirely different worlds to each person based on their viewpoints and circumstances. Thanks Pokes. That helped flesh out my thoughts!

You hit the nail on the head @Ivy. My rejection of this came about because of the prejudices and insulting speech applied to the 'qualifiers' and the concepts people were attaching to them.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    Exactly. How many brilliant minds have attempted to define what it is to be human? Nevermind a "good" human :P

I am not going to agree being defined by 'code words' that mean entirely different worlds to each person based on their viewpoints and circumstances. Thanks Pokes. That helped flesh out my thoughts!

You hit the nail on the head @Ivy. My rejection of this came about because of the prejudices and insulting speech applied to the 'qualifiers' and the concepts people were attaching to them.
    See, your a P
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so

d:
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    See, your a P
    Likes Poki liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    F*ck cancer. Thread question obviously posed by someone who has not sat by a Grandparent’s bedside and watched them suffer into a skeleton.

I’ve decided I identify as an “IST”. Plain and simple. A human. Citizen of the globe.*

~ Am I glad that women fought to have those of feminine persuasion declared legally as persons? Yep. Won’t forget or diminish the efforts made to get that done.

~ Am I irritated that I didn’t even know the male equivalent for feminism was ‘masculinism’ without looking it up? Yep. Cuz men are too often marginalized. On a recent trip to Asia I was DISMAYED by the lack of facilities for my single Father travelling companion. It’s like the concept of ‘Father’ didn’t exist publicly.

~ Am I frustrated how many children are forced into slavery to feed the sexual desires of perverts or to work long days with a pittance of pay? Yep. Makes me sick.

Offended equally by each individual social injustice committed around the globe.

When with friends in teens or 20’s, we rarely discuss gender issues There is a general consensus that it’s already been done…somewhat out-dated. This is a group of people who increasingly perceive society less by gender definitions at all.

They think in terms of ‘normal’ not ‘alternative’ lifestyles. They are consumed by the civil rights of the Trans community, violations involving child marriage or mutilation, treatment of intellectuals who are perceived as dissidents…

Stuff I have 'learnt' from other threads:

Modern men are forced to become metrosexual rapists - cuz women won’t grant access to their egg baskets…

Modern women are welfare sluts or family-hating career robots…

It’s when one side starts to vilify the other ^ that my attention usually wanders. Don’t bomb an abortion clinic to show me you value the sanctity of life. What is an intelligent and persuasive argument that extends beyond “it’s not fair” or “they got the bigger piece”???

The ISSUES usually arise when people worry about not being represented or heard. Being undermined, underpaid or overlooked.

The general attitude of people I choose to be around is: e v e r y 1 = matters. Cuz legit gender gripes DO exist. Distinct needs and wants that need to be reconciled and implemented. But, always with the understanding: every INDIVIDUAL is worthy of fair treatment.

I don’t want to be a neutral gender. I like being feminine. I am sexually attracted to men. That’s me. But, my classmate may be a woman transitioning into a man who is attracted to females. My friend may be a more sensitive male who is attracted to women. My neighbour may be a rugged cisgender male, attracted to men and women.

Not neutral. Diverse and deserving: of just, unbiased & fair treatment.

I didn’t enjoy the cancer analogy in that other thread. But, future generations may indeed look upon these volatile gender discussions: as malignant. A pervasive lack of common sense that required amputation, before real salvage and growth could occur.

*Not egalitarian because realistically I don’t think it’s possible for all people to be treated as equal. I DO think it’s possible to treat all people fairly.
    When the seething hatred erupts out into bad and demeaning language I tend to get disinterested too, though mainly because when I see that it tends to be a case of "triggered and fucking loving it", even as they complain about others being triggered or attempt to trigger others with their ill behaviour.

Its juvenile as fuck.

I didnt like the would you rather have cancer than feminism jibe either, though anyone who'd write something like that and think its fine probably isnt just lacking in sensitivity about cancer and the suffering it causes but someone who's got the mother of all inferiority complex or is otherwise so threatened by feminism, and maybe women or just anyone who is liable not to be easily controlled, that they'd prefer a wasting disease.

These shit heads think they're smart but they reveal so much about themselves when they go on a posting spree like that.

I'm not worried about all that cis or whatever the hell stuff, its bigger online than it is in the real world, to be honest I think the world could do with a serious break from all of it and I'm not saying that because I'm mean or hate minorities but because I've got a basic understanding of the trolley problem/dilemma in philosophy.

@Lark

"triggered and fucking loving it"
    I need this on a T-shirt.

But on a serious note, what you wrote is insightful. I think everyone is so strong. Plenty of fire to go around.

@Cloudpatrol
    Do you find that in a lack of labels, when getting into detailed discussion it hinders you? Or helps?

What if you take from some other ISTS? You take so much you are now in that tribe more than out of it? (Referencing @S16M4's post)

I have found more people putting me into different "tribes" (groups/labels) than I have adopted myself. This can't be controlled. (What @prplchknz said)

Sometimes, when discussing these IST topics, I find myself often defending what is put on me than what I am actually trying to communicate.

So strong is the need to line opinions up like mise en place. Prepared. Ready to dip into. If you are a piece of celery on the cutting board, you're of no value because you aren't in the right place to be effective.

Does that make sense?

This is all well and good. I just think in practice this makes for people who are disliked and distrusted by most others because thinking for yourself and not aligning to any one thing is dizzying for most people.

Thoughts?
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Ivy, prplchknz, miss fortune liked this post