User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by S16M4 View Post
    ぜんぜん意味わからんけど。。
    @Cloudpatrol

Noble idea. By rejecting labels, you make your own label.

Is labeling oneself an important endeavor where you're from?

Touché. Laughs.

Yes, it seems to be. It's actually something that drives me a bit barmy. The urge to classify everything to gain a feeling of familiar comfort. I like a lot of independent music. But, when at shows I always hear people saying "they are the new so and so" or categorizing them under genre's.

It seems a human inclination to label. Resulting questions seem to be frequently asked of me. So, this is an experiment of expression I suppose.

I couldn't find a literal translation of the characters you used before my name. Unless it meant: "I do not know the meaning at all". Would you mind to expound?

Permabanned
    Socionics
    SLI

@Cloudpatrol

Yes, our tribal minds can't deal with the lack of actual tribes/clans in the modern world, so we look to labeling ourselves as tribal indicators.

I think it's interesting. Some will create tribes around actions. Some people will create tribes around ideas. etc.

In your case, creating a tribe of no tribe, which is still a tribe of the imagination.

That's my theory anyway.

God speed on your journey/experiment.

And yes, it means: "I don't get it.." but now I do.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, ChocolateMoose123 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Moved a couple shitposts, including one of my own, to OT.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

@Cloudpatrol

Yes, our tribal minds can't deal with the lack of actual tribes/clans in the modern world, so we look to labeling ourselves as tribal indicators.

I think it's interesting. Some will create tribes around actions. Some people will create tribes around ideas. etc.

In your case, creating a tribe of no tribe, which is still a tribe of the imagination.

That's my theory anyway.

Smile.

Thanks!

I know that I will give further thought to what you said about tribes... It's a compelling theory, Sir.

Garbage human

@Cloudpatrol

That's my theory anyway.

She's a one wolf wolfpack

We're an interesting species though. We love our labels and simultaneously reject too many labels. It's like we have an automatic system of checks and balances built in.
    'When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.'

-Cicero
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    Touché. Laughs.

Yes, it seems to be. It's actually something that drives me a bit barmy. The urge to classify everything to gain a feeling of familiar comfort. I like a lot of independent music. But, when at shows I always hear people saying "they are the new so and so" or categorizing them under genre's.

It seems a human inclination to label. Resulting questions seem to be frequently asked of me. So, this is an experiment of expression I suppose.

I couldn't find a literal translation of the characters you used before my name. Unless it meant: "I do not know the meaning at all". Would you mind to expound?
    Reductionism refers to several related but distinct philosophical positions regarding the connections between phenomena, or theories, "reducing" one to another, usually considered "simpler" or more "basic".[1] The Oxford Companion to Philosophy suggests that it is "one of the most used and abused terms in the philosophical lexicon" and suggests a three part division:[2]
    1.Ontological reductionism: a belief that the whole of reality consists of a minimal number of parts
    2.Methodological reductionism: the scientific attempt to provide explanation in terms of ever smaller entities
    3.Theory reductionism: the suggestion that a newer theory does not replace or absorb the old, but reduces it to more basic terms. Theory reduction itself is divisible into three: translation, derivation and explanation.[3]

Reductionism can be applied to objects, phenomena, explanations, theories, and meanings.
    Stems from organization and categorization.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Humanist?
    Yeah, although I enjoy the concepts behind that term I don't really identify with it as a determination. I really am a believer of /advocate for = the fair treatment of all living creatures (she types as her cat snuggles closer against her leg )...

I am not exemplary. I still struggle with figuring out exactly where I stand on many complex issues to do with food industry etc... but I am an "IST" for humans AND "the others".
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Garbage human

Yeah, although I enjoy the concepts behind that term I don't really identify with it as a determination. I really am a believer of /advocate for = the fair treatment of all living creatures (she types as her cat snuggles closer against her leg )...

I am not exemplary. I still struggle with figuring out exactly where I stand on many complex issues to do with food industry etc... but I am an "IST" for humans AND "the others".
    I can see how humanist is a bit broad. It pretty much encompasses any decent person who applies the golden rule to their interactions with others. (Obviously there's more to the definition than that)

My cat approves of your views on animals
    'When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.'

-Cicero

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't get the big deal about labels, personally. Both of my children have one. One has autism, the other has a medical syndrome. (BTW, this is an analogy, not a derail.) The labels are (or should be) value-neutral, and they are there to describe something about them. I've found it helps people not come up with their own value-laden labels for them, like "brat" or "lazy."

Of course, like some formerly value-neutral labels like retarded, when people start using the label as an insult, maybe it's time to find a new label. As much as it sucks to have to change something that was fine until assholes got to it.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii
    Likes Cloudpatrol, asynartetic, Ravenetta liked this post

MBTI
    STP

We are the people who know that you cannot define what a "Humanist" is outside of abstract ideas does because its 100% situation dependent. Can a Humanist kill a person...yes. Can they condemn killing a person...yes. It all depends on the situation.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Cloudpatrol, ChocolateMoose123 liked this post