Not Today
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The pagan culture of Ancient Greece taught moderation as the path to well being
    And pedophilia!
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes Abcdenfp liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    It's plain you can't read or write Ancient 'Greek, and you are not familiar with Ancient Greek culture. Paedophilia and homosexuality are only inventions of the modern world, they were unknown in Ancient Greece.

You are projecting back onto Ancient Greek culture, the cultural values of today. And they don't fit.

What does fit is a shallow form of malice.

Not Today
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

It's plain you can't read or write Ancient 'Greek, and you are not familiar with Ancient Greek culture. Paedophilia and homosexuality are only inventions of the modern world, they were unknown in Ancient Greece.

You are projecting back onto Ancient Greek culture, the cultural values of today. And they don't fit.

What does fit is a shallow form of malice.
    I had more in here, originally, but I decided it's pointless to bring it up. I suppose I'll just explain myself a little more on the off chance that it does any good.

I started this thread with a sarcastic comment about some of the gibberish that is taught in schools about history (Columbus did not discover the world was round, and I don't know why people in the U.S teach children that he did. It's a common misconception people believe in, because it's taught to them, when in fact it's utterly bullshit. ), and you somehow interpreted that as a psychic disturbance. I guess things sort of deteriorated from there.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I had more in here, originally, but I decided it's pointless to bring it up. I suppose I'll just explain myself a little more on the off chance that it does any good.

I started this thread with a sarcastic comment about some of the gibberish that is taught in schools about history (Columbus did not discover the world was round, and I don't know why people in the U.S teach children that he did. It's a common misconception people believe in, because it's taught to them, when in fact it's utterly bullshit. ), and you somehow interpreted that as a psychic disturbance. I guess things sort of deteriorated from there.
    This sums up perfectly how I feel about the entire forum at the moment to be honest, I'm not sure if its online discussion per se.

I cant be sure of that just yet and if it is then its not something I have always felt and I am not sure of when the watershed was from the earlier style of online discussion I would encounter on early bulletin boards and campaign groups, such as McSpotlight or the forums of different authors. At present it just seems to be very frequently a case of I posted something and things sort of deteriorated from there

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    594 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

Ancient Greece was a pagan civilization.It was a civilisation from which we take our cue - so much of what we do was begun in pagan Ancient Greece.

Unfortunately paganism today has degenerated into superstition. Paganism today would not be recognised as paganism by the Ancient Greeks, and certainly not by Hypatia, the pagan librarian of the great pagan library of Alexandria.

Fall in love with the beautiful pagan, Hypatia, devoid of superstition and who discovered the Earth's rotation about the Sun. Just click on YouTube
    To bring this thread back to life, (or attempt to), I will state here that I share your love of Hypathia- She was most defiitely ahead of her time. Sad what befell her at the end, but nonetheless, I believe more attention should be paid to her.
    Likes Mole liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    594 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE None

By the way...Racists Are Threatening to Take Over Paganism - VICE

The alt-right better back the fuck off.