• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Old Way

Mole

Permabanned

It's plain you can't read or write Ancient 'Greek, and you are not familiar with Ancient Greek culture. Paedophilia and homosexuality are only inventions of the modern world, they were unknown in Ancient Greece.

You are projecting back onto Ancient Greek culture, the cultural values of today. And they don't fit.

What does fit is a shallow form of malice.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's plain you can't read or write Ancient 'Greek, and you are not familiar with Ancient Greek culture. Paedophilia and homosexuality are only inventions of the modern world, they were unknown in Ancient Greece.

You are projecting back onto Ancient Greek culture, the cultural values of today. And they don't fit.

What does fit is a shallow form of malice.

I had more in here, originally, but I decided it's pointless to bring it up. I suppose I'll just explain myself a little more on the off chance that it does any good.

I started this thread with a sarcastic comment about some of the gibberish that is taught in schools about history (Columbus did not discover the world was round, and I don't know why people in the U.S teach children that he did. It's a common misconception people believe in, because it's taught to them, when in fact it's utterly bullshit. ), and you somehow interpreted that as a psychic disturbance. I guess things sort of deteriorated from there.

Lark

I had more in here, originally, but I decided it's pointless to bring it up. I suppose I'll just explain myself a little more on the off chance that it does any good.

I started this thread with a sarcastic comment about some of the gibberish that is taught in schools about history (Columbus did not discover the world was round, and I don't know why people in the U.S teach children that he did. It's a common misconception people believe in, because it's taught to them, when in fact it's utterly bullshit. ), and you somehow interpreted that as a psychic disturbance. I guess things sort of deteriorated from there.

This sums up perfectly how I feel about the entire forum at the moment to be honest, I'm not sure if its online discussion per se.

I cant be sure of that just yet and if it is then its not something I have always felt and I am not sure of when the watershed was from the earlier style of online discussion I would encounter on early bulletin boards and campaign groups, such as McSpotlight or the forums of different authors. At present it just seems to be very frequently a case of I posted something and things sort of deteriorated from there

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ancient Greece was a pagan civilization.It was a civilisation from which we take our cue - so much of what we do was begun in pagan Ancient Greece.

Unfortunately paganism today has degenerated into superstition. Paganism today would not be recognised as paganism by the Ancient Greeks, and certainly not by Hypatia, the pagan librarian of the great pagan library of Alexandria.

Fall in love with the beautiful pagan, Hypatia, devoid of superstition and who discovered the Earth's rotation about the Sun. Just click on YouTube

To bring this thread back to life, (or attempt to), I will state here that I share your love of Hypathia- She was most defiitely ahead of her time. Sad what befell her at the end, but nonetheless, I believe more attention should be paid to her.