User Tag List

123 Last

Default Reincarnation and Past Life Regression

I think we all know what reincarnation is.

Past Life Regression, for those who don't know, is a type of therapy where the therapist hypnotizes the patient. Once under hypnosis, the patient recalls memories from past lives. Proponents of this type of therapy claim in can help relieve anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues such as irrational phobias. The act of recalling trauma from past lives helps alleviate the symptomatic oppression of those traumas in this life.

I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts on these topics are. Has anyone tried past life regression therapy? Stories Please!!

---
    My own views: I believe in reincarnation, I believe our souls come back to learn lessons or with specific missions (i.e. to help others). I believe our souls can recognize other souls, all of that mumbo jumbo.

I have never done past life regression, I am interested in the possibility of recalling past lives but I do think there are people out there who may take advantage of the naivete of others, so the type of therapy as a whole could be fraudulent or there just may be fraudulent individuals within. Which is why I am asking for others experience with this.
    Likes Tellenbach, The Tsarevich liked this post

Not sure I believe in past lives but a collective memory passed on through genetic material sounds interesting. Are memories consigned to dwell only in the brain? Could your genes be a carrier of experiences of past relatives? Is there a very scientific reason someone may feel they lived in a rural area as a farmer in the 1800’s? There’s a good chance an ancestor of their’s did live that life. There’s so much we don’t understand- yet.
    Likes Kanra13 liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

The great thing about regression therapy is that it doesn't take many sessions for the benefits to show up (In many cases, a single session is enough.), so even if you are ripped off, it'd be only hundreds of dollars and not thousands.

I've only read about regression therapy in Brian Weiss' books; as far as afterlife theories go, reincarnation does seem to have the most evidence (thousands of regression therapy cases including some with corroborating evidence). I'd like to believe in reincarnation because it explains why most people on the planet are flawed. If we think of physical bodies as avatars and this existence as a simulation to teach lessons of morality, then it makes sense that most people are deeply flawed.
    When a libertarian says "naive", that's really just a polite way of saying "stupid".
    Likes Kanra13, Yuu, cacaia liked this post

MBTI
    eNTp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I've experienced some such "memories" so I am honestly open to it (I'm not the only one). Like, I think do to all the accounts it's obviously something. So why not entertain it.

Whether that something is genetic memory or actual past lives is kinda hard to say. But I wouldn't be surprised at either of them. Kinda reminds of assassins creed with the whole "genetic memory" thing.

I have my reasons for heavily suspecting reincarnation might actually be the case, though. Like all the lookalike (sometimes exact alike) from the past of certain celebrities, and also how I feel drawn to Britain and have a british accent that comes and goes naturally when I'm excited, while having never been born in Britain or having any reason to have that, and it has been uncontrollable at times in the past. So either I was british in the past or it's genetic roots I don't know about (tempted to take a dna test now) or it's just a coincidence but that just feels like too basic and easy of an answer. It also explains things like gender-fluid/gender neutrality which I also have, and the feeling of being stuck in the wrong body. Because they use to be in the opposite sex. It would at least explain a lot. Why I don't feel fully male or female rather than just a disorder. Some are likely disorders, but some might not be.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-Ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so

In theory: the wings create a strong 4ish imprint

How fascinating the mind is.

Likes cacaia liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I want to say that the idea is ridiculous. I don't believe in reincarnation. I believe that energy cannot be created or destroyed thus it must go somewhere but after death all consciousness and memory ceases to exist. If there is a "soul" it returns to...the stuff of the universe but everything that made us who we were is gone forever.

Yet actual experience insist that it should not be dismissed entirely.
    When I was very young I would dream of things I could not possibly be aware of.
    Namely lotus flowers and the number 9. I would lotus flowers obsessively. When my Mother saw these drawings she complimented my "Beautiful water lilies" which confused me greatly because as far as I knew, they didn't exist in real life.
    I'd tell her
    " These are the magic flowers in my dreams. They aren't real! Flowers can't float on water!"

I'd often dream of war too; not any war, the same war. Sometimes, every night for weeks at a time. I STILL do to this day. The thing is that over the years they have gotten more vague but the themes, people and feelings are still the same. What I find most odd about is that while I've dreamed of them thousands of times I can never remember them. I remember that it was "the dream" but the details are still lost to me.

Sometimes in the real world I will see something that will cause me to feel very strong emotions that are similar to nostalgia, like I know I've experienced it before.

Still...it feels utterly absurd to entertain the idea that these feelings may have to do with a "past life" there must be some other explanation.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Yeah I am hesitant to believe in reincarnation as much as I want to. But the idea of energy carrying on is fascinating. Not to mention we just do not know.

I too have had unexplainable memory-like dreams. While the dreams change settings, the roles I played in the dreams are always the same. I was some rich prince, who died a horrible tragic death. Ive had some so realistic, I thought I actually died when I woke up. Or overcome with grief because I was never going to see my wife again. Its weird because gender bending.
    “That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.”

― Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    eNTp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I'm sure it's all just a coincidence~
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-Ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so

In theory: the wings create a strong 4ish imprint

How fascinating the mind is.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

I've experienced past life memories. They are intensely emotional memories with glimpses of images and sounds. I hope to one day verify one of these past life memories by remembering where the person left something important. It would change everything if I could remember, and I might. I just remember she placed the documents in a library type of building with leather-bound books. One day I will remember more specifics.
    bunny omi

Likes Kanra13 liked this post

Permabanned

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    You probably do have past lives, but they are all really blurry because you didn't have corrective lenses.
    bunny omi