• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reincarnation and Past Life Regression

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A pagan friend of mine once told me that I'm an old soul who has been reincarnated many times. I don't becessarily believe in reincarnation, but I can see that having validity. Sometimes I feel as if I've been wandering the earth for centuries upon centuries.

If I did have past lives, I think one of them may have died after their throat was slit. I've always been really uncomfortable with things placed against the front of my neck. It's extended to before I could remember when I made my distaste of turtlenecks clear (well, not clear enough that my mom stopped buying them for me, but once I could dress myself she realized I will never willingly wear a turtleneck).

Mole

Permabanned
Reincarnation and past lives are religious beliefs. They are completely free of evidence and reason and must be taken on faith and only experienced in our imagination.

Reincarnation and past lives are taught to children who haven't yet learnt the difference between imagination and reality.

Childhood play is how we learn the difference between imagination and reality. Many of us fail to achieve this milestone in our development to empathic and creative grownups, yet at the same time we are full of self esteem.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Reincarnation and past lives are religious beliefs. They are completely free of evidence and reason and must be taken on faith and only experienced in our imagination.

Reincarnation and past lives are taught to children who haven't yet learnt the difference between imagination and reality.

Childhood play is how we learn the difference between imagination and reality. Many of us fail to achieve this milestone in our development to empathic and creative grownups, yet at the same time we are full of self esteem.

Mole, thank you for your view. in reality, your view is valid, BUT, other people's view here is just as valid. You come from a very material POV, which is fine. It is not something that can be measured or 100% proven, yes. But also, this does not mean that it is wrong.

There is a very good Buddhist lesson that goes like this: there is reality (what really happens, the truth, if you will). Then, there is other people's view and perspective of what reality really is. Every person recognizes the truth, but sees it in his or her own way. Because we are all cognitive beings, we will always, no matter what, experience reality in a distorted way. In this sense, there is no way of ever proving, one hundred percent, the actual truth. Ever.
Everyone thinks they know the truth (in this case, that reincarnation is real or not real), but in reality, no one knows or ever will know. No one will ever understand. We are all mere grains of sand in a vast desert of unknowns.

Last edited:

Mole

Permabanned
Mole, thank you for your view. in reality, your view is valid, BUT, other people's view here is just as valid. You come from a very material POV, which is fine. It is not something that can be measured or 100% proven, yes. But also, this does not mean that it is wrong. There is a very good Buddhist lesson that goes like this: there is reality (what really happens, the truth, if you will). Then, there is other people's view and perspective of what reality really is. Every person recognizes the truth, but sees it in his or her own way. Because we are all cognitive beings, we will always, no matter what, experience reality in a distorted way. In this sense, there is no way of ever proving, one hundred percent, the actual truth. Ever. Everyone thinks they know the truth (in this case, that reincarnation is real or not real), but in reality, no one knows or ever will know. No one will ever understand. We are all mere grains of sand in a vast desert of unknowns.

Sure, we all have our unique view of the truth and each is equally valid. This is how physics, chemistry, and biology work, we all have our own view of the truth and each is equally valid.

Thank heavens for the New Age, what would we be without it?

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sure, we all have our unique view of the truth and each is equally valid. This is how physics, chemistry, and biology work, we all have our own view of the truth and each is equally valid.

Thank heavens for the New Age, what would we be without it?

In the end, it doesn't really matter...we'll all die anyway (shrug)

Mole

Permabanned
In the end, it doesn't really matter...we'll all die anyway (shrug)

This is called Nihilism and is inhuman.

And it illustrates the inhumanity of the New Age, remembering mbti is part of the New Age.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I think we all know what reincarnation is.

Past Life Regression, for those who don't know, is a type of therapy where the therapist hypnotizes the patient. Once under hypnosis, the patient recalls memories from past lives. Proponents of this type of therapy claim in can help relieve anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues such as irrational phobias. The act of recalling trauma from past lives helps alleviate the symptomatic oppression of those traumas in this life.

I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts on these topics are. Has anyone tried past life regression therapy? Stories Please!!

---
My own views: I believe in reincarnation, I believe our souls come back to learn lessons or with specific missions (i.e. to help others). I believe our souls can recognize other souls, all of that mumbo jumbo.

I have never done past life regression, I am interested in the possibility of recalling past lives but I do think there are people out there who may take advantage of the naivete of others, so the type of therapy as a whole could be fraudulent or there just may be fraudulent individuals within. Which is why I am asking for others experience with this. :)

I can't say I believe in reincarnation aside from molecular breakdown and food chain recycling, but in my deepest moments of meditation I often find myself in the desert at night walking a short dark path from a horse to one of those clay houses with the rounded doorways you see a lot in mexico. The stars are so clear I can see as though it's a full moon. It's nowhere I've ever been in life, so I'm not sure where it comes from.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is called Nihilism and is inhuman.

And it illustrates the inhumanity of the New Age, remembering mbti is part of the New Age.

Nihilism is very human, such as all feelings and emotions and perceptions are. Positive and Negative. Such is the nature of our own human duality's.

I notice you use this 'New Age' umbrella a lot.

Mole

Permabanned
Nihilism is very human, such as all feelings and emotions and perceptions are. Positive and Negative. Such is the nature of our own human duality's. I notice you use this 'New Age' umbrella a lot.

It won't keep out the rain.