• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do the Motivations for Sex Crimes Matter?

Mole

Permabanned
:rotfl: WTF So should we just guillotine MBTI altogether, or should we investigate the motives in the hope it won't happen again?
It's a question of testing our fantasies, our hypotheses, against the facts. For instance, our mother adores us, but does anyone else adore us?

Or do we expect everyone to adore us. What are the facts, and what is our fantasy?

Metis

They don't, at least positively; because they don't alleviate the traumatic outcome for the victim in any way.

Comparing motives might. I was sexually assaulted by males on a couple of different occasions when I was younger, and their motives appeared to be genuine wormlike sleaze. Later, I was sexually assaulted by females with no sexual interest in me whatsoever--no, they were not gay, or if they were, that had nothing to do with it--and whose motives were obviously to cause me to feel violated. Their motives were evil; the wormlike males' motives were comparatively amoral. Inhuman versus subhuman. I don't know that I would say that the contrast lessens the effect of trauma experienced on account of the subhuman worms, especially since repeated instances of assault compound trauma, and those were part of the canon. I can definitely say, though, that the inhuman experiences put the other experiences in a different perspective, almost as though the wormlike creatures were... not fully developed adult brains.

Metis

It's a question of testing our fantasies, our hypotheses, against the facts. For instance, our mother adores us, but does anyone else adore us?

Or do we expect everyone to adore us. What are the facts, and what is our fantasy?

A sex offender, Isabel Myers, and your mother walk into a bar. The sex offender orders you a drink and slips a soporific into it. Isabel Myers orders a test, and you take it, scoring ESFJ. Your mom orders you to go to bed, because you look tired. Your mom just saved you from getting raped by the sex offender. :nice: