• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trophy Hunting: "What is your view on hunting? Do animals have soul's?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trophy Hunting: "What is your view on hunting? How do we reach a hunter’s heart and moral conscious? Should animals be considered as having a soul Thus it tantamount of being immoral to kill for mere sport or entertainment. Do you believe in your heart animals have emotions and are capable of having feelings? Should animals gain rights?"
I share a view of hunting that seems similar to that held by many Native Americans. They hunted to meet their needs, took only what was necessary, did not waste, and respected the animals whose lives they took. Life feeds on life - that is the way of the world, whether it be plant life or animal life. All we can do is be mindful of that, respectful, and not wasteful. Rights are a legal construct. Animals do have rights in many societies, including our own.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I share a view of hunting that seems similar to that held by many Native Americans. They hunted to meet their needs, took only what was necessary, did not waste, and respected the animals whose lives they took. Life feeds on life - that is the way of the world, whether it be plant life or animal life. All we can do is be mindful of that, respectful, and not wasteful. Rights are a legal construct. Animals do have rights in many societies, including our own.

Coriolis wrote, (1) "I share a view of hunting...seems similar...Native Americans. They hunted to meet their needs, took only what was necessary, did not waste, and respected the animals whose lives they took." and (2) "...mindful...respectful...not wasteful."

I do echo your [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] written statement. I like the Native American and Pagan view's on nature. Native people's believe all life as being sacred and as being interrelated. In certain religions there is the concept of Agape love for all life. I think it essential we recognize our interdependence with the life cycle. My personal view is we should act as stewards and protectors of the earth and the biodiversity of life. Hunting for only trophies is a view I find alien.

I know that in the hunters own mind what they are doing is natural. I do personally view it as being anti-ethical by they not acknowledging the sacredness of all life. I shan't convince these hunters to my view. Nevertheless in my subjective opinion to take life for a mere trophy is an immoral action protected by a blind spot of awareness with cognitive fallacies of rationalization and denial.

(3) "Rights are a legal construct. Animals do have rights in many societies, including our own."

I ideally like the lifestyle of being vegetarian. I am not one though. How we treat animals we slaughter for our consumption has much to be desired. We need to as a society continue to work on minimizing the suffering of the animals that we butcher for meat.