• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ManipuLation

Lark

I think there is plenty of manipulation, I also think there's a serious problem in then suggesting because there is that its the norm and everyone should just go with it and become the best its possible to be at manipulating others. It is validating the sorts of social order which produce psychopaths and their imitators.

Its something I've noticed A LOT among any group which has a record of being used and abused or oppressed themselves, they are the greatest authors of that shit when it comes to others, there is no automatic lesson learned by anyone who has been on the receiving end that they shouldnt pay it forward one way or another.

Some of the most abusive and manipulative mothers are women who have choosen or who choose the most manipulative and abusive partners. Now you can debate the role of male power or patriarchy in all that but it is one unholy shit show that perpetuates itself in disgusting fashion, the prospect of it spreading out far beyond the original boundary of those kinds of toxic family dynamics and to just everyone per se is just something god awful altogether.

Lib

Permabanned
Who ever needs to read a book before judging it :doge:
Well, in the best case scenario, the book is about how society is using guys as powerhouses, forcing them to work hard to please the bitches if they want to get some and buy a peaceful home environment, but men nonetheless get to live an interesting life and when it becomes annoying and unpleasant, e.g. when they need to focus on others, normally after retirement, they adopt a bunch of unhealthy habits (or just continue with the ones they have) to die relatively young under the mother-like care of their wives. Hope it also mentions how women are manipulated to take care of their children on a daily basis without being given any pension or any reward for that matter, as if they are supposed to provide this service for free. Oh, and with this burden they don't even get to have a career but could only afford to work low paid, low status jobs as servants. A whole-life servant! A fairy tale. Being a servant is so manipulative.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Manipulation is essentially saying to the other person/s, "Validate me; reward my neurosis; feed my ego" with no respect to others' feelings or values. It comes from a dark place of selfishness and looking outside ourselves to get our needs fulfilled - or what we think we may need.

yeghor

How would you define manipulation?

Do you condemn it per se or the intentions are important?

Do people who have been manipulated must be held responsible for their actions?

a) Manipulation = Skewing others' decision making, by feeding them inaccurate or incomplete information.

b) I condemn it, even with good intentions, it will eventually hurt the manipulated person in the long term, as you deprive them of their agency.

c) Yes they must, it can be considered a mitigating measure though. Otherwise, we would have to excuse lynching/mobbing.

People owe it to others to strengthen their critical thinking and judgment skills and refrain from jumping to conclusions.

Baldwin and Balian (Did Baldwin manipulate Balian now?)