• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why people pray and go to church.synagogue,mosque....?

How often you go to church.synagogue,mosque....?

• Few times a week

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Once a week

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Few times a month

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Once a month

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Few times a year

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Major holidays only

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Never

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • I will never go

Votes: 12 18.2%

• Total voters

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You keep bringing up how people treat you here. How they either ignore, attack, or ban you. Those are your words.

I've picked up on it. You are the one with the defensive aura.

I've been banned from both of these forums, so believe me when I say I'm trying to help you when I tell you to tone down the hostile undertones which lace your posts.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
About this. Everyone keeps bringing this up.
Because you are wayyyyy too aggressive.

Either knock the edge off or you'll receive the same fate as you did at INTPc.

EDIT: Yeah . . . what she said.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any support, depends on ones' need.

The smarter you are, the higher education you get, the richer you become, the less likely you would seek to believe in a higher power. Because you would be able to fulfill your basic needs.

It's usually countries, infested by war, poverty, struggle, and illiteracy who have alarmingly high rates of religious people. These people need to believe in something else because their life is worthless, and that is hard to accept.

If that's true (and that's a BIG IF) then why do you hate these people?

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
You keep bringing up how people treat you here. How they either ignore, attack, or ban you. Those are your words.

I've picked up on it. You are the one with the defensive aura.

I've been banned from both of these forums, so believe me when I say I'm trying to help you when I tell you to tone down the hostile undertones which lace your posts.

You actually attacked me to make a point. That's trickery.

Anyway our little chat is over, I don't enjoy this, and neither do you.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I never said that, re-read my posts please.

Alright. btw, I'm not arguing or attacking you, I'm trying to understand so I ask questions. I dont go to INTPc so I don't know you at all. I'm just curious about how you feel about people who are religious and why. You said you despise superstition and you described the kinds of people who you felt would believe in superstition and why they do it. So you don't really despise the people who believe in superstition, just the superstition itself? I sense that you have ill feelings towards the people who believe too. Am I wrong?

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Alright. btw, I'm not arguing or attacking you, I'm trying to understand so I ask questions. I dont go to INTPc so I don't know you at all. I'm just curious about how you feel about people who are religious and why. You said you despise superstition and you described the kinds of people who you felt would believe in superstition and why they do it. So you don't really despise the people who believe in superstition, just the superstition itself? I sense that you have ill feelings towards the people who believe too. Am I wrong?

Even if you went to INTPc you wouldn't know me at all, I was banned there half an hour after i joined, it didn't affect me one bit, I laughed about it actually.

But people here keep bringing it up to piss me off probably, I donno, or to make me feel unwelcome. "you'll receive the same fate as you did at INTPc." said the big guy.

Yes you are wrong, I despise the institutions that were created to control the masses. Same could be said about Nazism or Bolshevism, but these movements died, and religions apparently never will.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes you are wrong, I despise the institutions that were created to control the masses. Same could be said about Nazism or Bolshevism, but these movements died, and religions apparently never will.

I can understand this mentality in places where people don't have a choice but to practice a certain religion but do you feel the same way in places where people are free to choose to practice it on their own or not practice it and not be persecuted for that?

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Any support, depends on ones' need.

The smarter you are, the higher education you get, the richer you become, the less likely you would seek to believe in a higher power. Because you would be able to fulfill your basic needs.

It's usually countries, infested by war, poverty, struggle, and illiteracy who have alarmingly high rates of religious people. These people need to believe in something else because their life is worthless, and that is hard to accept.

Yes, this is unfortunate. God speaks about this, not needing Him because one is "okay" in life.
But God ultimately holds your eternity in His hands and this attitude will backfire on those who have it.

Nihilen, let's be friends.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I can understand this mentality in places where people don't have a choice but to practice a certain religion but do you feel the same way in places where people are free to choose to practice it on their own or not practice it and not be persecuted for that?

Need would differ in different societies.

In the societies you mentioned, people act usually instinctively according to Kierkegaard's leap of faith, and would rather choose an absurdity they need to believe in to create a meaning to their lives rather than logic.
And that is either caused by weakness or ignorance.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Yes, this is unfortunate. God speaks about this, not needing Him because one is "okay" in life.
But God ultimately holds your eternity in His hands and this attitude will backfire on those who have it.

Nihilen, let's be friends.

Why would you want to be friends with somebody that is going to hell - according to your beliefs.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Why would you want to be friends with somebody that is going to hell - according to your beliefs.

Goodness. God would give me a serious talking to if I thought I were above those who don't love/believe in Him. (I'm assuming you don't)

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Goodness. God would give me a serious talking to if I thought I were above those who don't love/believe in Him. (I'm assuming you don't)

Good assumption.

But if you were my friend, wouldn't you try saving my soul from eternal damnation ? I usually want what's best for my friends. And not burning in hell for eternity seems to me as better than the other alternative.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Good assumption.

But if you were my friend, wouldn't you try saving my soul from eternal damnation ? I usually want what's best for my friends. And not burning in hell for eternity seems to me as better than the other alternative.

I'm sure you're having a laugh at my expense, but never mind.

You know the Truth already.

The End, before you burn me again. :)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But if you were my friend, wouldn't you try saving my soul from eternal damnation ?
You would think that, sure, but a lot of people don't do it, don't approach things that way. My friends, for instance.

Last edited:

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm sure you're having a laugh at my expense, but never mind.

You know the Truth already.

The End, before you burn me again. :)

I was not. I was serious concerning my question.

Unless you have doubts regarding your faith, then I would understand why you wouldn't attempt to save me in a hypothetical friendship.