• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Crime of Reason

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I suspect many will ask me for a synopsis.
I hate to give away the ending. It's bad for the economy.

Oh! Also I'm being ironic by withholding information.
See if you can't figure out what I mean.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The title should have been to the effect of 'the Crime against reason' as the book is about how the government implicitly limits our freedom to acquire knowledge. As the title stands, it appears to be about crimes commited by people who are in the habit of utilizing their reasoning faculties or strive to acquire knowledge. Because the book regards 'reason' as something to be valued rather than apprehended, the title is misleading. It leads one to believe that the message is almost the opposite of what it truly is.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The title should have been to the effect of 'the Crime against reason' as the book is about how the government implicitly limits our freedom to acquire knowledge. As the title stands, it appears to be about crimes commited by people who are in the habit of utilizing their reasoning faculties or strive to acquire knowledge. Because the book regards 'reason' as something to be valued rather than apprehended, the title is misleading. It leads one to believe that the message is almost the opposite of what it truly is.

Oh, did you read the book wing?

It doesn't sound like you did...

The title is appropriate.

It leads one to believe that the message is almost the opposite of what it truly is.
Not really.
Economically and by some legislative action, acquisition of knowledge is prohibited.