User Tag List

12 Last

Default Outside Windows and Entrancement

Churches, mosques, or temples, don't have outside widows, nor do malls or clubs. So it is much easier to entrance the congregation, customers, or club memberse.

And when we are entranced our critical minds go to sleep and we don't look for evidence and reason, and we are easily manipulated.

cloud on my tongue SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Pretty sure churches have windows.
    Remembering "Jacques" and Jane Doe of Sumter Co., SC
    We will fight for you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealisticSlumbers View Post
    Pretty sure churches have windows.
    I think maybe he meant non-stained glass windows that you can easily see out of. Which probably isn't universally true, but I suppose if it does have stained glass windows, it's like having no windows at all because stained glass eliminates one of the primary functions of windows.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

cloud on my tongue SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I have been inside churches where the windows were of the normal variety... Some Protestant churches in particular are against stained glass. I have a Catholic father and Methodist mother, so I had a religious upbringing. (Methodism is basically just an offshoot of the Anglican religion if you were wondering.) My grandparents were brought up Lutheran. I have two New Age aunts, and some atheist/agnostic family members. It makes for some interesting family dynamics. Anyway, Catholic churches are usually the most ornate. A lot of the more established Protestant denominations are just as gaudy with their architecture and everything. Lots of stained glass in Methodist and Episcopal churches. I find that the Quakers, Baptists and other more austere faiths tend to shy away from "fancy" windows.
    Remembering "Jacques" and Jane Doe of Sumter Co., SC
    We will fight for you.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    549 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp Te

The Catholic churches where I live all have normal windows. Orthodox churches are the most ornate in my experience, but I suppose it varies depending on where you are in the world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    486 sp/so

This thread gave me de'ja'vu, that's all I have to say other than I love old church architecture.
    Nohari, Johari
    "If to be truthful is to be cruel, then lying must surely be an act of kindness. And so, kindness is a lie."

壊せる 壊せない 狂える 狂えない

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Your mind is a better door than a window; keeping in only the echo of your own assumed wisdom and individuality. You can't hear that these oh-so revolutionary thoughts of yours have been repeated over and over by every generation of community college students.

The only difference is that they have grown up and moved onto new ideas and perspectives, while you sit alone, stagnating with these tired old concepts.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

MBTI
    ARCH

We say The Church itself (both the physical location and mystical Body of Christ) is a window into heaven, as we join in and are surrounded by the saints and angels coming together in worship of the One True God.

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
    the whole earth is full of his glory.”

4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    We say The Church itself (both the physical location and mystical Body of Christ) is a window into heaven, as we join in and are surrounded by the saints and angels coming together in worship of the One True God.

This is true. In their entrancement, in their enchantment, the congregation put aside reason and evidence and believe a three headed god, the trinity, created the universe. This is of course charming in the way children are charming, and the priests and brothers find the children so charming, they sexually abuse them, and they are protected in their crimes against children, in murdering the souls of children, by their bishop, their cardinal, and their pope.

It's about time we started to open a few windows in the church, mosque and temple. The first window wide open is Holocaust Museum in Berlin, the second window is the Slavery Museum in Washington. A third international museum of Child Sexual Abuse could be built in the Parliamentary Triangle, Canberra, Australia.

So send an email to the Archbishop of Canberra and Goulburn asking him to deed his private property, in our national Parliamentary Triangle, to the Commonwealth of Australia, in the proviso an international competition to design a Museum of Child Sexual Abuse be held.