• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Outside Windows and Entrancement

Mole

Permabanned
Churches, mosques, or temples, don't have outside widows, nor do malls or clubs. So it is much easier to entrance the congregation, customers, or club memberse.

And when we are entranced our critical minds go to sleep and we don't look for evidence and reason, and we are easily manipulated.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty sure churches have windows.

I think maybe he meant non-stained glass windows that you can easily see out of. Which probably isn't universally true, but I suppose if it does have stained glass windows, it's like having no windows at all because stained glass eliminates one of the primary functions of windows.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have been inside churches where the windows were of the normal variety... Some Protestant churches in particular are against stained glass. I have a Catholic father and Methodist mother, so I had a religious upbringing. (Methodism is basically just an offshoot of the Anglican religion if you were wondering.) My grandparents were brought up Lutheran. I have two New Age aunts, and some atheist/agnostic family members. It makes for some interesting family dynamics. Anyway, Catholic churches are usually the most ornate. A lot of the more established Protestant denominations are just as gaudy with their architecture and everything. Lots of stained glass in Methodist and Episcopal churches. I find that the Quakers, Baptists and other more austere faiths tend to shy away from "fancy" windows.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Catholic churches where I live all have normal windows. Orthodox churches are the most ornate in my experience, but I suppose it varies depending on where you are in the world.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread gave me de'ja'vu, that's all I have to say other than I love old church architecture.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Your mind is a better door than a window; keeping in only the echo of your own assumed wisdom and individuality. You can't hear that these oh-so revolutionary thoughts of yours have been repeated over and over by every generation of community college students.

The only difference is that they have grown up and moved onto new ideas and perspectives, while you sit alone, stagnating with these tired old concepts.

We say The Church itself (both the physical location and mystical Body of Christ) is a window into heaven, as we join in and are surrounded by the saints and angels coming together in worship of the One True God.

orthodox-church-sibiu.jpg

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.”

4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Mole

Permabanned
We say The Church itself (both the physical location and mystical Body of Christ) is a window into heaven, as we join in and are surrounded by the saints and angels coming together in worship of the One True God.

orthodox-church-sibiu.jpg

This is true. In their entrancement, in their enchantment, the congregation put aside reason and evidence and believe a three headed god, the trinity, created the universe. This is of course charming in the way children are charming, and the priests and brothers find the children so charming, they sexually abuse them, and they are protected in their crimes against children, in murdering the souls of children, by their bishop, their cardinal, and their pope.

Mole

Permabanned
It's about time we started to open a few windows in the church, mosque and temple. The first window wide open is Holocaust Museum in Berlin, the second window is the Slavery Museum in Washington. A third international museum of Child Sexual Abuse could be built in the Parliamentary Triangle, Canberra, Australia.

So send an email to the Archbishop of Canberra and Goulburn asking him to deed his private property, in our national Parliamentary Triangle, to the Commonwealth of Australia, in the proviso an international competition to design a Museum of Child Sexual Abuse be held.

This is true. In their entrancement, in their enchantment, the congregation put aside reason and evidence and believe a three headed god, the trinity, created the universe. This is of course charming in the way children are charming, and the priests and brothers find the children so charming, they sexually abuse them, and they are protected in their crimes against children, in murdering the souls of children, by their bishop, their cardinal, and their pope.

In any case, may the Lord have mercy on Mole's ailment causing him to need dialysis, Amen. :)

Mole

Permabanned
In any case, may the Lord have mercy on Mole's ailment causing him to need dialysis, Amen. :)

Dialysis separates the wheat from the chaff: with accuracy it shows who is my friend. And a friend shows their friendship by faithfully visiting me in dialysis.

You certainly can talk the talk.

Mole

Permabanned
Well then, may you have many friends, Mr. Mole.

Many can talk the talk, and almost none can walk the walk.

So dialysis is deeply sobering. It separates fantasy from reality. It separates the fantasy of many friends from the reality of one.

Look, I have a large number of 'friends' on Typology Central, but not one has ever come to visit me in dialysis. And I am surrounded every second day by my fellow dialysisees in exactly the same boat. It is plainly the human condition.

Many can talk the talk, and almost none can walk the walk.

So dialysis is deeply sobering. It separates fantasy from reality. It separates the fantasy of many friends from the reality of one.

Look, I have a large number of 'friends' on Typology Central, but not one has ever come to visit me in dialysis. And I am surrounded every second day by my fellow dialysisees in exactly the same boat. It is plainly the human condition.

I can’t imagine what you must be going through, but I pray the Lord may bring you back from the brink no matter how much of a bitter, old, atheist you are.

Pro tip: Typology Central is also a fantasy world. I’m really an AI bot. ;)

Mole

Permabanned
I can't imagine what you must be going through, but I pray the Lord may bring you back from the brink no matter how much of a bitter, old, atheist you are. Pro tip: Typology Central is also a fantasy world. I'm really an AI bot. ;)

I am not an atheist. And rather than being bitter, I am exuberant. I dance for four hours every second day to Swing and Rock and Roll. And I continue with my project of liberation, both personal and social liberation.

Mole

Permabanned
A prime purpose of religion is entrancement and this is reflected in the architecture.

A secondary purpose is psychological defence, and this is also reflected in the architecture.