• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What knowlegde about gods would be more acceptable to you?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
FIRST. We are not talking about any religion.

You wake up someday and you hear that finally humans solved misery above all mysteries. Existence of God/s.

If you are believer how would you react that all what you believe was BS and wasting your life?
And if you are non-theist how would you react that there is a proof there are some being/s above us watching every single move?

There are tons reason why somebody shouldn't believe in god and every single one is acceptable for the standard of logic. But there are also reasons why somebody should believe in god because from what I was researching main reason why somebody is not theist anymore HAS NOTHING to do with logic! Really, Knowledge is a low key but strong factor why somebody lost his fate! It is pure childish reason like "what god can do such a thing?" , "I lived a bad life so I will throw stones to the creator!" and 3rd reason is existentialism like reason of believing on their existence. As there are people who cant live without justice, mercy, afterlife etc from imaginary friend in the sky, there are also SOME PEOPLE WHO WILL DIE IN AGONY IF THEY KNOW EXISTENCE OF ANYTHING ABOVE THEIR CONTROL. Ironically, existence of gods destroy their egos and turn them all into ash.

So...
What knowledge about gods would be more acceptable to you or satisfied your ego?

Existence of Gods as TRUE or FALSE.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If there is proof there are some being/s above us watching every single move, they can come and tell me themselves. Not via third party and their bullshit.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll believe there is a god the day I see him myself. There have been multiple points throughout history where we believed to have proof of god, usually at the word of someone who claimed to see or speak with him. Such a headline would hardly even interest me. If there was definitive proof of god then I would accept it as a reality, but it wouldn't really change anything in my personal life anyway.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
If there is proof there are some being/s above us watching every single move, they can come and tell me themselves. Not via third party and their bullshit.

Let assume science discover existence of gods. That is my question. Not pumping your ego. :)

Mole

Permabanned
It seems time itself is an emergent quality, that is time is.not a fundamental quality of nature, that is time only exists in our perception, in the same way we perceive the Sun going around the Earth.

So just as the rotation of the Sun is an illusion, so time is an illusion, and God is an illusion.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Let assume science discover existence of gods. That is my question. Not pumping your ego. :)

I would like to meet them/him/her/it. Other than that, I don't care. Oh the ash thing, I don't care about that either.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I found out my beliefs were BS I'd still be satisfied knowing that the faint possibility there was one...I tried to believe. Most of all I wouldn't be ashamed of the virtues which I gained from following the faith, as despite it not being "true" I was still a better person because of it.

If god or a pantheon of deities do exist there is the distinct possibility that something so beyond us doesn’t give a crap about us and therefore wouldn’t bother to contact us and certainly wouldn’t invest time in making us compliant to it’s will. Would you attempt to parlay with an amoeba? How would you go about it? How could you make it understand anything on the level and scope of your understanding?

Anyway, if I knew with absolute certainty that gods existed I’d still be concerned about other people’s beliefs. Unless this deity or deities came to us to express their wishes, dim witted humans would continue reading into everything as the will of (enter preferred deity here). They’d still condemn anyone not sharing their views and they’d still play on people’s fear of what’s after this.

I don’t dislike the idea of god or gods or faith itself. It’s fine when an individual wants to believe there’s more to life than simply existing. However, when individual beliefs turn into group beliefs and group beliefs become influential and violently intolerant beliefs, then I have a problem.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ego would be fine. And I would prefer for the existence of God to be true, even if the nature of such a thing wouldn't align with the human conception whatsoever. The latter is not something that would surprise me at all as most takes (especially the one I am most familiar with) are very anthropocentric. I only need to know that there exists something greater than myself. As a believer, I was never one to emphasize the texts as sources of authority/security or morality. Instead, I was always less statue oriented and more spiritual. What I looked to religion for was to find something larger than myself. I never asked for more than that from religion, for God to exist. So the details being incorrect would not perturb me at all, they aren't important as the way I approached things in the first place never relied on them, it was more intuitive than that. Not to say I don't appreciate and am fascinated by the texts/details. They also inspire in me these feelings in their own way but not exclusively. That is, my relationship isn't tied to them but to God. Regardless of God's nature or anything else.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
God is above the domain of reason, a supreme logic if you will. You will never be able to prove God's existence the way you prove a scientific fact. There's a problem with understanding the world purely on scientific terms, as not everything is science, and science does not necessarily equal truth. If you need to warp your understanding of God to better suit your ego, then I'm sad to say you're doing it wrong.

Lib

Permabanned
If god existed, they have been influencing my life already so what I know would still apply. Of course, it'd interesting to discover the secrets of universe. Yet, the question whether a god exists or not never bothered me so much because it won't change who I am. Now, the idea of an immortal soul is much more tempting but imo it's just a necessary illusion created by the instinct for survival - no living creature could imagine it's true death... unless we logically reconsider the idea of life, death and self.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would question their status and authority as gods.

Also, are we talking Gods that are more in line with the Judeo-Christian-Islamic cosmology, something more like Greek/Norse systems, Hinduism, the Gods and Demi-Gods as seen in Tibetan Buddhism, or something else?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Also, are we talking Gods that are more in line with the Judeo-Christian-Islamic cosmology, something more like Greek/Norse systems, Hinduism, the Gods and Demi-Gods as seen in Tibetan Buddhism, or something else?

I wondered this too so I'm going to envision it going down like American Gods - something from every belief, even non-god legends like the Jinn because this is hypothetical and I can have it any way I want. So can you.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So they're not really gods, just advanced lifeforms?

You're no god. To. Me. Mister.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I worship Thor, because his movies have made more money than any other deity.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Even if we find so called evidence of God I would simply presume that some much more advanced Alien civilization is messing with us. Since I reject the idea of God(s) in it's foundation, since the term God requires holiness and I don't believe that such thing really exists in this reality.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Just because Gods and religion are not real does not mean they are “ BS” or “ A waste of time”.

The stories may be made up but the power and influence they have over all of humanity-wether believer or not- is very real.