• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Path: What is our path in your life? What philosophy serves as your moral compass?"

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"Path: What is our path in your life? What philosophy serves as your moral compass?"

"A philosophy which I've as choice took as my life journey is and has its roots in: Jesus teaching peace, Buddhism, as well the cognitive theory in a psychology orientation, these are primary; but it happens incorporating insight I've gained from a number of different fields. I am fully aware our personal philosophies can change as we gain new insights that leads us to ever greater and greater understanding. We grow in depth and breadth with our understanding of self, others and the world we live in. Each ladder of awareness is a progression to clearer understanding and newly discovered personal wisdom.

On our spiritual path in life we must endeavor to take High Road in difficulties. Above all do not give in to base emotions if being triggered and react in a lesser way by expending negative energy. You are reacting and not making a conscious and mindfull choice in how you handle the trigger. We are reacting against ghosts from the past that this moment has triggered which hamper our personal growth upon the path of self-actualization.
What is worse is to repay a negative with another negative on your own part. If there is a negative emotion look within, reflect and act with reason and Agape compassion.

A PATH / A KEY / A WAY is to follow the golden rule by:

Precepts to remember: Do not think negative thoughts, but deal with the situation rationally.

Do not speak with negative energy. It is a reflection of you and not the other.

Do not act negatively, but react realistically with the proper restraint even if negative energy is directed at you.

Now we influence each other with positive or negative energy. So the natural tendency is to repay negative energy with more negative energy. This feels very good and we feel self- righteous about it. After all the other is in the wrong and not us. In our mind the other is doing blind, evil, immoral, wrong words or actions. But the key is that it is irrelevant to one's path. The key is that being negative in even the slightest is a true reflection of self and not the other. The other's path is their destiny.

We must remain mindful and hold ourselves to a higher standard. We need to remind ourselves that the lesser road most traveled by other people is one where one does not learn from the lessons of life Our choice to take the High Road and not give in to base emotions yields growth. This can only occur when we examine our triggers. Triggers are unhealed psychic wounds. It is in this area that defense mechanisms exhibit themselves to protect our self from disturbing emotions.

Chances are we have been conditioned to act in an irrational and ineffective way. If there is a negative emotion look within, reflect and act with reason and Agape compassion. It is these disturbing triggers that are the catalysts for new growth in emotional, psychological and spiritual maturity. These are things to keep in mind when triggers occur. if you react taking the lesser road invariably the message and lesson is lost but it will undoubtedly reappear until you learn the lesson you need to learn about yourself.

A. What is in us waiting to come to the surface in a testing moment.

B. The trigger is a reflection of our own unfinished childhood issues and emotions.

C. If we do not act with restraint and reason we are reacting in a lesser manner. We aren't taking the harder less traveled high road to emotional and spiritual growth. It is with the gift of insight and mindful reflection that we can safely get through this rough spot of our triggered consciousness. This moment in space and time was brought together for you to learn this valuable lesson of self, in order to grow and actualize. Do not throw this precious moment away by reacting with your baser instincts. Reach, grow, become. Reach for this inner learning. Grow with this wisdom through insight and personal reflection and become what you were meant to be.

This individual remains true to 'walking their talk' and remain true to a path of spiritual healing and growth. The alternative of taking the lesser road and giving in to our emotions, we then act without reason. We yield our conscious control to the underlying subconscious areas of our own unresolved conflict and unfinished business. He who is wise knows that a negative trigger is a reflection of the individual. Those who are unwise react blindly lashing out against the world and their fellow human beings. These people have a blind spot and not understanding are only adding to the confusion of the world.

Doesn't it say that change has to come from within and to look in the mirror before we find fault with others or life circumstances. If after thorough reflection one comes to the conclusion that an action on our part is needed to right a wrong, we then act but with reason. Moreover in taking the lesser more traveled path we do not learn valuable lessons about ourselves, others and reality. Rather we are doomed to continue being triggered and acting out in an ineffective manner. The lesser road leads to stagnation and lack of both growth and character."

'Search for Yourself, be Yourself'

"Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you. Accept yourself and your actions. Own your thoughts. Speak up when wrong, and apologize. Know your path at all times. To do this you must know yourself inside and out, accept your gifts as well as your shortcomings, and grow each day with honesty, integrity, compassion, faith, and brotherhood." Terri Jean

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everything is subjective.
Everything is purposeful.

Life is about knowing how your subjective view fits into the universe thereby giving you purpose.
This is not to be confused with making up your own purpose since purpose necessitates authenticity.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I walk my own path, but look to history as guidance on what to avoid, or head towards. I consider all other's experiences as lessons, and I choose which ones to adopt that I see is the least likely to cause suffering in the long run, and what to endure for the greater good.. While suffering is unavoidable for everyone, I believe in taking the path that can help the most people at once. Instead of focusing on outliers.

Amberiat

Infinity
My path in life is whatever I make it to be, it's not something that stays completely fixed, nor is it something that is predetermined. Broadly speaking, I want the absolute best for myself and something close to that for whoever stands with me and is completely loyal the whole way.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
'Individual Path and Journey in Life With Different Life Lessons'

“If a person on the path is very dissimilar, then we don't fight them, and try to either change or mold or clone them into a carbon replica of ourselves, nor force them unto our journey. If a person is on a dissimilar journey then they have lessons to learn which are different from yours. We are all unique individuals. If possible, we let them go on their way. They must learn from life experience. We let them go on their way and predestined chosen path. We must concentrate and remain true to our path and learn the lessons of life to be imparted to us. We should be cognizant of this and not judge. For he or she who judges, only fools self which is a tragedy.

Why is it a tragedy? We are so blind searching for the light and when we judge we only lengthen our journey. Anything else does contribute to the ignorance & as well the folly in what is the world. I like it in Hinduism there is a saying that there are many roads to the top of the mountain. We are all different. We need different approaches to reaching ourselves and our true potential. What is right for one is definitely not right for another person. We must each make our individual Journey.

Each must walk an individual path. It is not lonely for on the way one meets a soul group. A group of extraordinary individuals, who each has something important to share and for us to learn.
This is if we keep an open mind, and seek to expand our minds and understanding thus increasing our conscious awareness. Sometimes our paths are parallel and at other times, we must walk the path alone. However, at the end of the journey is a reunion, of those who came before you successfully.”

Metis

The Needlewoman
Søren Kierkegaard, "Parables of Kierkegaard", edited by Thomas C. Oden; 1978, Princeton University Press.

How should one listen to an edifying discourse?

When a woman makes an altar cloth, so far as she is able, she makes every flower as lovely as the graceful flowers of the field, as far as she is able, every star as sparkling as the glistening stars at night. She withholds nothing, but uses the most precious things she possesses. She sells off every other claim upon her life that she may purchase the most uninterrupted and favorable time of the day and night for her one and only, for her beloved work. But when the cloth is finished and put to its sacred use: then she is deeply distressed if someone should make the mistake of looking at her art, instead of the meaning of the cloth; or make the mistake of looking at a defect, instead of at the meaning of the cloth. For she could not work the sacred meaning into the cloth itself, nor could she sew it on the cloth as though it were one more ornament.

--Purity of Heart, pp. 27-28 (SV XI 13-14)

The only objective measure I can say for this is that there's not one definable path for people as a whole.

For myself, I listen to my inner voice in order to get a feel for what's good and what's not. I also look for outside references that add to this dimension and take them as signs of affirmation, as a way for me to acknowledge that I am on the right path and can relax a little even when life gets a bit terrifying.

My path, at least in this lifetime, involves avoiding the path of least resistance. I need to set out and do more than the ordinary, than taking the conventional route. I'm unafraid of messing up because as an alternative I know exactly where my life would lead, and it doesn't look pretty. So in that case I might as well go for the gold, since it's either a loss on both ends or a chance to reach for cloud nine. I see life as a video game, and through trial and error, I'll eventually get through the toughest level. Also, I am so accustomed to pain that enduring it in the moment isn't really as much of a bother to me at this point. I live in the future, always have and always will.

Mole

Permabanned
During the Western Enlightenment of the 18th century we discovered that power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely, so we invented liberal democracy specifically for the purpose of limiting power and so limiting corruption. And in the 20th century we came as close as we have ever come to absolute evil in the genocide of Jewry, so we wrote and ratified The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

And it is important to remember that Human Rights are rejected by the 57 Islamic nations of the OIC (Organisation of Islamic Co-operation), by the Communist Party of China, by Putin's Russia, and tribal peoples, and now by the new electronic tribes in our Universities who are attacking free speech guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
And it is important to remember that Human Rights are rejected by the 57 Islamic nations of the OIC (Organisation of Islamic Co-operation), by the Communist Party of China, by Putin's Russia, and tribal peoples, and now by the new electronic tribes in our Universities who are attacking free speech guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Maybe we don't reject Human Rights, but when it suits us we just don't apply them : the US in Falluja for instance.
Things are rarely black & white.

Mole

Permabanned
Maybe we don't reject Human Rights, but when it suits us we just don't apply them : the US in Falluja for instance. Things are rarely black & white.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights is written in black and white.

Mole

Permabanned
Actions speak louder than words.

The actions of the Australian Government in Human Rights for more than 100 years has been one of the best in the world.

You could show your bona fides by publicly criticising countries who violate the Human Rights of their citizens. Or have you lost your moral compass.

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
During one of those existential crisis moments we all once had lying in our beds, I thought of this again and again and came with the following deduction.
Controlled pleasure.
We all die one day. We have various beliefs systems, but none can prove if there is life after death. I am a non-believer. To be more precise, I am the kind of existentialist who believes we are all complex being made out of atoms and that, compared to the grandiosity, we are not that important. Very similar to Kurzgesagt’s optimistic nihilism, but in a more chaotic and egoistic way.
The importance of something is subjective. That is why I allow myself to lie, steal and commit other immoralities. But, I said controlled pleasure. I won’t commit them if I think I will gain more pleasure by avoiding them. For example, I won’t steal a car, because if I get caught, I’ll end in prison and I won’t be able to have as much fun as if I hadn’t stolen this car. But there is also a more positive, more respectful side to this morality. If we are in a boring situation, instead of being involuntary annoying, I’ll find something to entertain myself. And when I’ll be older, I will have a lot of fascinating stories to tell.