User Tag List

First 345

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I was just looking into this. HSP is correlated with high Openness to Experience, low Extraversion, and high Neuroticsm, but it breaks down into three sub-constructs:

• Ease of excitation: the feeling of being overwhelmed by both external and internal demands. Correlated positively with Neuroticism and negatively with Extraversion.
    • Aesthetic Sensitivity: the awareness of aesthetics in ones surroundings. Correlated positively with Openness to Experience.
    • Low Sensory Threshold: unpleasant sensory arousal. Correlated positively with Neuroticism.

It's kind of interesting the more neutral/positive parts of emotional awareness are mostly captured by Openness to Experience, and emotional reactivity by Neuroticism. It make sense that introversion would be correlated with feeling overwhelmed by sensory input.

(I do wish) Big Five terms were a little more neutral, though.
    You have done well Seymour with HSP, what do you think of OE?
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    ??? None

Thank you both, @Mole and @Seymour for the replies.
    I'm going to read the link some, finish my dinner, then break down and create a thread about HSP in Psychology (after searching to make sure one's not already there lol). Don't want to derail this thread

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I was just looking into this. HSP is correlated with high Openness to Experience, low Extraversion, and high Neuroticsm, but it breaks down into three sub-constructs:

• Ease of excitation: the feeling of being overwhelmed by both external and internal demands. Correlated positively with Neuroticism and negatively with Extraversion.
    • Aesthetic Sensitivity: the awareness of aesthetics in ones surroundings. Correlated positively with Openness to Experience.
    • Low Sensory Threshold: unpleasant sensory arousal. Correlated positively with Neuroticism.

It's kind of interesting the more neutral/positive parts of emotional awareness are mostly captured by Openness to Experience, and emotional reactivity by Neuroticism. It make sense that introversion would be correlated with feeling overwhelmed by sensory input.

(I do wish) Big Five terms were a little more neutral, though.
    I imagine it would be interesting for HSP to manifest in an 'extrovert'. As I have it too. Very sensitive to too much information all at once, lights, sounds, taste, and my emotions(when I feel them anyway). Thus limiting such exposure. In my case, it could be oversensitive Ne data absorption.

I've heard of an ENTJ with HSP supposedly... Idk how that works.

I'm just wondering how it all works in theory. Because technically in a way it's like being extremely introverted

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    487 sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

My special gift in life is to be pessimistic. And pessimistic people make mistakes most often in their own favor. That's why I'm happy to be pessimistic.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tony_goth View Post
    My special gift in life is to be pessimistic. And pessimistic people make mistakes most often in their own favor. That's why I'm happy to be pessimistic.
    What if you're both? Life's a piece of shit, truly a terrible trip. Glass half Empty we know that's legit, but despite this bit can still see would could be, in favor of very own me, or should I say we? So too is the glass is half full of a special variety chip mystery bowl.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-Ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so

In theory: the wings create a strong 4ish imprint

How fascinating the mind is.

Probably my curiosity. I have this insatiable appetite to learn all I can, and although I'm a bit more settled these days, I did have a lot of wanderlust in my youth. I attribute this quality as the driving factor which allows me to get out of bed every day. It helps with finding opportunities and in seeing different ways of looking at things.

A Bittersweet Symphony... Eryn Silverfrond's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESXP
    Enneagram
    7 so

There aren't any good guys, and there aren't any bad guys.
    There's just us.
    People.
    Doing our best to get by.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Reframing people's perspectives.
    Likes Eryn Silverfrond liked this post

Good listener.