• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gift: What is your special gift in life?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Patience, decorating desserts, and the ability to eat a ton of spicy food without shitting myself

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
To know the face of God is to know madness. I see the universe. I see the patterns. I see the foreshadowing that precedes every moment of every day. It’s all there, I see it...@_@

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To know the face of God is to know madness. I see the universe. I see the patterns. I see the foreshadowing that precedes every moment of every day. It’s all there, I see it...@_@

Does any amount of this knowing involve fear? If so, drop the fear.

God would never be all-loving if such love were conditional or included the notion of eternal punishment after death... for God’s gift to us is the gift of free will, and what purpose would She have for punishing us if we make the “wrong” choice? Drop the fear and allow yourself to love God in return.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Does any amount of this knowing involve fear? If so, drop the fear.

God would never be all-loving if such love were conditional or included the notion of eternal punishment after death... for God’s gift to us is the gift of free will, and what purpose would She have for punishing us if we make the “wrong” choice? Drop the fear and allow yourself to love God in return.

What is your intention here?:huh:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
elaboration?:unsure:

1) God resides in all of us. And where two or more are gathered in His name, miracles occur. (I occasionally mix up pronouns btw since God is simultaneously all genders and genderless.)

2) God has everything, is everything and therefore needs nothing. What would such a deity seek to gain by demanding us to follow arbitrary commandments that we have set for ourselves? Yes, it’s good for us to determine what is best for ourselves in the physical realm (both individually and as a whole), because we’re all connected - and thus what we do to another, we do to ourselves. But God does not punish us for making choices other than those of the highest good. Rather, we are given an opportunity to elevate our consciousness in every moment of our existence.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Open Mindedness. I'm extremely open ended and see potentiality in almost anything.

Mole

Permabanned
Not one, but two chaplains, have told me integrity is a real thing for me. I don't aim for integrity, although I can see I seek integrate my thoughts and feelings. Being disintegrated doesn't seem very attractive to me.

But is it a gift or a curse? I don't think it gives me any social advantage, in fact I think it leaves me on the outer.

I think I would do better if I aimed for social hypocrisy. Most seem to do quite well without bothering to integrate themselves.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I nitpick very well. I can find fault with most ideas, policies, and people. Let me know if you need a good fly swatter.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think my special gift might be seeing other people special gifts. if i could get my shit together id make a pretty good life coach :rofl1:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Making angry people feel sleepy irl. I blink my eyes at them for a while, and they get really calm.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm truthfully looking into what makes life life from a philosphical perspective, maybe add some religion to it, and some science and I also do lot of that drunk and people all over the internet hear about that, I mean at least like 2 subscriptions per month to my channel.

Mole

Permabanned
My gift is epiphany.

I begin with my spiritual practice called, "The Cloud of Unknowing", by Anonymous, click https://www.catholicspiritualdirection.org/cloudunknowing.pdf.

I enter the cloud of unknowing, putting everything else aside, and I don't know what to do, and I feel an immediate sharp fear, and I start to write.

I enter a writerly trance where time disappears, and I am completely absorbed into the writing, and at first it seems ordinary enough, until something new appears, and this is the epiphany,

My last epiphany was to see the connection between Pandora, the country in the movie, "Avatar 2", and the New Continent of Zealandia - both will use underwater avatars.

I have a eureka moment when I have an epiphany.

The first epiphany was the revelation of Jesus, and today epiphany can mean a new and fresh revelation.

Mole

Permabanned
It is interesting, when I enter my writerly trance, I first feel a sharp fear, then I do something I hardly notice, I hold my breath.

So I am wondering, what will happen, if I start to breathe.

Mole

Permabanned
I have two spiritual exercises: writing and dancing.

The two spiritual exercises are mutually inhibitory, so I can't write while I am dancing, and I can't dance while I am writing.

My two spiritual exercises are vehicles to take me somewhere, but where to they take my spirit?

Writing gives me integrity, and a logical way of perceiving the world - in a linear and sequential way, and which privileges my eye, and I become a literate individual.

While dancing to rock 'n' roll democratises all my senses, where everything happens all at once, and where the literate individual dissolves into the tribal beat.

And all of us are dissolving into the tribal beat, and instead of worrying about our individual identity, we worry about our tribal identity, called 'identity politics'.

And like traditional tribes we engage in ritual warfare, full of sound and fury where few are injured and even fewer lose their lives. We engage in ritual warfare to establish our tribal identity.

Mole

Permabanned
As the literate individual dissolves into the tribal beat, civilisation, and its discontents, is dying, while tribalism slouches towards Bethlehem.

And tribalism comes bearing gifts. Tribalism wants us to feel good, and tribalism wants us to belong. In our desperation, we reach for the gifts, we want to feel good, and we want to belong, and the price is civilisation and its discontents. We are overjoyed at giving up our discontents with civilisation as we dance to the tribal beat into the sunny uplands of the New Age.