• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gift: What is your special gift in life?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I understand shit better than the vast majority of people very quickly. mostly because I'm very good at spotting coherence or the lack thereof in interpretations of sets of data and am a fast learner.
I've applied it to 'real life' to check if it was just delusion and i can pretty much predict people's actions and their effects within social networks / organizations Nostradamus style, so I'm pretty sure this is an actual ability/talent/gift I'm particularly good at.

It's not something I really think i should be praised for as it's pretty much an innate ability.

Mole

Permabanned
I have three gifts - I have good access to my unconscious, I enjoy the ability to enter trances easily, and I have a high response to stimulate.

1. Too often those who also have access to their unconscious, but without their control, and who are psychotic, see me as one of them.

2. I enter a trance while I am waiting for the bus and time disappears, I enter a trance during dialysis and time disappears, I enter a trance just before I go to sleep. I have total recall while in a trance. A trance is like a universal Turing machine - it can be used for anything.

3. I have a high response to stimulae, both internal and external, it is called OE or over excitable. It can be highly enjoyable but sometimes it is annoying to other people so I have learnt to tone it down. Still, when I find someone who its also OE with a high response to stimulae, we flow together like water, or perhaps like wine.

Click on Post | SENG - Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted

Last edited:

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gift and a curse

1. Looking beneath the underneath/I see things from angles most wouldn't understand
2. My ability to be pragmatic without losing my heart
3. My artistic talent

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am one of those Jack of all trades people too. I have been able to do all the things I have picked up to a point. I also have a firm understanding and ability to control my sub-conscious like Mole.

If I had to say I have a really unique skill, it would be perception? All forms of perception. I can see patterns, I can feel patterns in everything. I just somehow intuitively know they exist, and sometimes they surprise me, because I have no idea where I got the information.

Mole

Permabanned
Of course the gifted are special. Not everyone is gifted. And the gifted require special treatment.

Unfortunately industrial society tries to homogenise us, but there is more room for the gifted in the electronic tribes of the global village.

And it is highly misleading to keep repeating the mantra, 'we are all gifted', this only appeals to our ego and makes us feel good, rather than doing good and meeting the emotional needs of the gifted.

Click on Post | SENG - Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Special gift... unique to me? Not sure... teleportation or something.

Mole

Permabanned
Special gift... unique to me? Not sure... teleportation or something.

I am sure it is Trivial Pursuit.

Under the Constitution we all have the right to pursue happiness, while it is the pursuit of the trivial which makes us happy.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can sleep anywhere, no matter how crowded, uncomfortable or loud it is.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not a gift. That's a goddamn superpower.

A quite risky superpower. Narcolepsy can be a burden. The last connaissance who told me about her disease was indeed able to fall asleep in the bus while going to an interview......

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm uncomplicated and people find me unthreatening.

This can put people at ease, but also makes me seem ineffectual, as if I wont stand up for myself or others (even when evidence contradicts that view). So I'm working on that.

Might just be I'm not very good at managing how others perceive me. Otherwise I'm pretty average & moderately good at reminding myself of this as it can keep my worst ego-excesses reigned in.

I'll always admire the seemingly unexceptional doing something exceptional; context allowing.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whatever happens, I keep wanting to live and keep wanting to write.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm persistent. If I'm set to complete a task or reach a goal, I don't give up.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I know who I am and no one else will tell me otherwise. No one else will influence my opinion on me.

I've seen a lot of unnecessary drama among communities or groups of friend because one person slanders another and the person being slandered will go out of their way to prove it is not true and win them back. Usually it just annoys everyone else and they end up shunned by even those who were regionally on their side.

I myself have experienced such a thing; someone hears or decides something false about me and offered follows it up with " It's going to take a lot to win my trust/friendship back." and my response is always "Well then, I guess I do not need your trust or friendship."

A good friend knows who I am and doesn't listen to slander. If they can be so easily swayed by another then they aren't worth much as a friend and at all.

I also will not listen to others directly trying to put me down. I have a saying and that is "If you're only hearing negative you should clean out your own ears." Sling all the mud you want it wont stick.

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm, [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] how does OE differ from HSP. That would definitely be my superpower (as well as my greatest curse). But, as I've aged, most of the things listed no longer apply to me EXCEPT SENSUAL OVEREXCITABILITY. I'm 44 years old and I still cannot tolerate tags in my clothes!

But, my "gifts" would be my empathy, people reading skills (though somewhat rusty nowadays), inventiveness when in a clutch, and emotional endurance. I also put people at ease and help them uncover truths about themselves.

[Hehe, I USED to have the ability to sleep anywhere, any time, lol. I lost it about a decade ago though :( ]

Mole

Permabanned
Hmmm, [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] how does OE differ from HSP.

My guess is HSP and OE are emotional reactions to stimulae. HSP is a fine sensitive reaction while OE is an over reaction. Both I think have different causes.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My guess is HSP and OE are emotional reactions to stimulae. HSP is a fine sensitive reaction while OE is an over reaction. Both I think have different causes.

I was just looking into this. HSP is correlated with high Openness to Experience, low Extraversion, and high Neuroticsm, but it breaks down into three sub-constructs:

• Ease of excitation: the feeling of being overwhelmed by both external and internal demands. Correlated positively with Neuroticism and negatively with Extraversion.
  • Aesthetic Sensitivity: the awareness of aesthetics in ones surroundings. Correlated positively with Openness to Experience.
  • Low Sensory Threshold: unpleasant sensory arousal. Correlated positively with Neuroticism.

It's kind of interesting the more neutral/positive parts of emotional awareness are mostly captured by Openness to Experience, and emotional reactivity by Neuroticism. It make sense that introversion would be correlated with feeling overwhelmed by sensory input.

(I do wish) Big Five terms were a little more neutral, though.