• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wisdom: Who possesses wisdom? Can wisdom be taught?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"Wisdom: Who possesses wisdom? Can wisdom be taught? If not then how does one attain wisdom?"

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“What is it to transcend and be above the cares and worries of mortal man? One could say that is not to be human! What would happen if one could transcend to such a level and still remain human? Would we listen to this person’s wisdom? No, because we all have to swim and cross the river of adversity that is called life, to learn its valuable lessons first hand. I've generally said that some religions teach you what to do but not how to practically apply it.

There are faith practices who say they believe in this or that but as a human being still are susceptible to blind spots, rationalization, denial and other defense mechanisms. That is a reason I've espoused to learn cognitive mindfulness and empathy in our education system. Tell me what to do and I shall forget it but let me have hands on experience and incorporate it into my repertoire and it becomes a part of me. This is lasting and people will finally walk their talk for true wisdom comes from within and cannot be transferred by mere word.

That's hearing but not understanding. Wisdom is not taught in school. We must be educated to think for ourselves. Wisdom is applying the knowledge we have learned from seeing patterns. With these intuitive insights we see patterns in the knowledge field that have yet to be tied together. A truest use of wise knowledge is the ability of using insight to piece together pieces of the puzzle to see a whole new visual panorama.
I put all of the many pieces of the puzzle called reality together all in an order to see a truer version of reality and truth. The vision still may be incomplete because more pieces from yet other persons are to be glued in harmonious and synergistic joining.

If we are lucky, we receive truths both about ourselves as well as about the universe we happen to live in by the gifts of insight.It is built in intuition which make paradigm leaps of insight unto a new plateau of consciousness. We gain a brand new fresh glimpse of the world we live in and its mysteries. I call them mental plateaus. That is one level of reasoning to another. Sometimes we need a ladder to the next level. When the mind is cleansed one is able to see reality more clearly and fully. One is able to connect to God which is the universe and be more fully a part of it.

Heaven and hell are right before us and our eyes. Cleanse your mind and see the glory of God and all of God's creation called nature. A truest use of wise knowledge is the ability of using insight to piece together pieces of the puzzle to see a whole new visual panorama. A most miraculous vision is this panorama for it shows a path through the wilderness to a marvelous future of untapped potential and filled with a plenitude of opportunity. One is able to connect to God which is the universe and be more fully a part of it. Heaven and hell are right before us and our eyes. Cleanse your mind and see the glory of God and all of God's creation called nature."

Last edited by a moderator:

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes,but in having new eyes."~ Marcel Proust

"Wisdom is a life long journey. It is accomplished in part through the gift of insight and learning from life's experiential lessons. Note: if one reacts negatively (barring physical pain or threat to lifer of self or loved one's) there is an internal disturbance. It is a life lesson waiting to be won. This can only be done through the use of critical thinking and acting in reality in a realistic stoic manner. You see you have been unconsciously triggered by your own unfinished business and issues. If you react negatively to a given situation you only ensure that the trigger will manifest somewhere down the timeline again."

Unfortunately because of blind spots, rationalization and denial factors, we can not glimpse reality in its entirety or true form. We must be on guard against these factors and the illusions in this world. For that to have a chance, walk the middle path of reason and compassion. Don't act in an outward fashion against reality for it's a projection of one's past wounds. Rather always reflect and with critical thinking and insight one can learn from the experiential lessons which life affords so that one can painstakingly increase in wisdom.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“What is it to transcend and be above the cares and worries of mortal man? One could say that is not to be human. What would happen if one could transcend to such a level and still remain human? Would we listen to this person’s wisdom? No, because we all have to swim and cross the river of adversity that is called life, to learn its valuable lessons first hand." lightsun

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Frederich Nietzsche

"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf." Walter Lippman

"Wisdom stands at the turn in the road and calls upon us publicly but we consider it false and despise its adherents." Kahlil Gibran

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Quotation:
“If you want the present to be different from the past, study the past.” Spinoza

“It won’t work. All of us are born with a clean slate. Deep wisdom comes only with arduous effort. The problem is those who have deep insight will not necessarily be believed by those who have yet to delve into the mysteries of their soul.

Rote memorization is easy. Wisdom is not. In trying to transcribe wisdom to another, unless that person is on the same wave length, it will cause cognitive dissonance.

They will not believe you because they don’t have that awareness yet. Who said it, “That I stand at the crossroads, yet no one believed me.”

What’s more if it triggers someone because you are stating something that does not resonate with all they know up now, they may try and argue with you.

I have found I will state a position. If someone does not agree and states something that I don’t agree with due to my awareness, I won’t argue.

Rather I will to the best of my ability agree to meet on common ground of what we can agree with. If one is obstinate and continues to try and argue the point, I don’t engage.

What they don’t know, is that they are triggered. Their ego, an undeveloped self will try to belabor the point with someone who has obviously a difference of opinion.

Perceiving such a pattern and knowing the deep dynamics, if I argue, then I am protecting my own ego. There is no common ground. There is no communication in the truest form.

Both are uselessly trying for the other to agree to their current state of phenomenological awareness.

Then both are blind. In a sense both are uselessly projecting their inner awareness unto an other persons different awareness.

It’s a no one situation. Arguments are when two irrational people are trying to convince another to their own current state of awareness.” LightSun

#argument #wisdom

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
In my model, the Thematic Hierarchy, Wisdom is the highest stage. Few have any Wisdom and fewer still can access it with ease. It is one of the goals of spiritual development.