• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Soul Murder

Mole

Permabanned
All of Chile's Bishops have resigned for supporting child sexual abuse.

Under the guise of saving souls, they have been murdering the souls of Catholic children.

Mole

Permabanned
The Archbishop of Adelaide has been convicted in the Criminal Court of aiding the soul murder of children. Archbishop Wilson will be sentenced in June.

Mole

Permabanned
Meanwhile Cardinal Pell is before our Crminal Court charged with multiple offences of the soul murder of children.

Cardinal Pell is the Treasurer of the Catholic Church.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’m really impressed with the high level of clickbait

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Trivialization is an underhand way of supporting child sexual abuse.

Lol.

Someone else: "I'd like links with detailed information and valid sources instead of a soundbite that is intentionally misleading in order to get me to click it"

Mole: "YOU'RE PRACTICALLY ABUSING CHILDREN YOURSELF."

Ah, it's been awhile, Mole. Never change.

Mole

Permabanned
Lol. Someone else: "I'd like links with detailed information and valid sources instead of a soundbite that is intentionally misleading in order to get me to click it" Mole: "YOU'RE PRACTICALLY ABUSING CHILDREN YOURSELF." Ah, it's been awhile, Mole. Never change.

Unfortunately it is shallow empty people who made child sexual abuse possible, and thank God Australian Police are hunting and prosecuting abusers both here and overseas.

And the shallow and empty responses illustrate the immorality of popular culture.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel like calling child molestation soul murder implies that the victims of molestation have no souls. I mean, if their soul was murdered when they were molested, then they must not have one any more.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like calling child molestation soul murder implies that the victims of molestation have no souls. I mean, if their soul was murdered when they were molested, then they must not have one any more.

i had a similar thought...

Mole

Permabanned

'Soul murder' is a metaphor. Metaphors are neither true nor false, they point in a direction, they say what we couldn't say before, they enlarge our perceptions. So soul murder expresses they deep horror of the destruction of a child's psyche by child sexual abuse. And although we are putting the abusers on trial, it has become apparent that the congregations have not realised the full horror of what has been done to our children. So we need a new metaphor, but actually an old metaphor, coined some time ago.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Right because when I read soul murder, in fact goes beyond child molestation. It trivializes this because now we’re focusing on a strawman of theological or the metaphysical status of one’s soul. So in fact this not address child abuse but rather something to say let’s focus on that actually it’s just Catholic people I don’t like.

If you’re going to make a mark, stick with it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm tired of those dirtbags engaging in coverups.

Yeah.

To be honest, I think I'd rather use "soul murder" for protestant fundies.

The Catholics have long had a molestation problem they refuse to fix. [I think this is because of the mobility of their system -- they have a very codified organization that then eases the ability to shuttle off culprits to other regions where no one is aware of their crimes.]

The Protestants have long had a problem of crushing the spirits of their children through religious fundamentalism. [Their organizations are less rigid through the top nowadays, Americans value more independence, but the local church bodies and certain denomination styles demand doctrinal adherence to roles and expectations that can be crushing and restrictive.]

Obviously i'm not talking about churches that offer some degree of FREEDOM to their individual parishioners to find their own walk with the divine.

Mole

Permabanned
We may wonder why child sexual abuse. or the soul murder of children, is so important. It is because it goes to the heart of the formation our personality. Of course most of us come here for narcissistic supply, click on Narcissistic supply - Wikipedia, and we have no long term interest in ourselves or anybody else, we are only interested in our next hit of 'sugar' in our narcissistic supply.

But for those of us with a long term interest in the origins of personality, a good place to start is The History of Childhood by Lloyd Demause. Click on Chapter 1: The Evolution of Childhood | The Association for Psychohistory