• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The West’s (not Kanye) lack of chivalry and guts.

This D.I. (drill instructor) outrageously berates a woman recruit in boot camp. Personally, I’ve experienced far worse and far more comedic instructors, but I’m more aggravated by the way he victimized her. This is an outrage. The army simply can’t treat their female recruits this way. These “bullies” need training on how to deal with female soldiers.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm not sure if this a joke post or but this is absurdly tame. I've heard worse from my football coaches.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being berated by drill instructors is not supposed to be pleasant. Ideally, they shouldn't go easy on recruits and trainees just because of gender. If someone can't handle drill instructors and military standards, then they shouldn't be enlisted in the first place. I certainly wouldn't join.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chivalry has very little to do with treatment of women anyway. Most of the chivalric code pertained to combat etiquette. If we are discussing the part pertaining to women, that should really not apply in military training, it should fly out the window the second those women decide they want to join and put themselves in danger. Otherwise we create soldiers ill-prepared for the duties.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you're putting women back a good few decades if you think that we can't be yelled at the same as men...

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agree with others' sentiments.

If you can't take a drill instructor yelling at you, you shouldn't enlist, regardless of gender. It's not for me, either, so I never enlisted in the military, even if it could have been a step to US citizenship for me back when I lived in the states.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
genuinely confused as to the point of that video. nothing in it seemed related to gender to me. i was expecting to hear something pointed about her being a woman, and nothing i heard couldn't be applied in exactly the same way towards a male recruit.

edit: also have witnessed so much worse reading comments sections of political articles.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thankfully the sentiments on this forum aren’t the mainstream:

perhaps not in your personal bubble, but i think that this is absurd... the military isn't about decency, kittens, or rainbows... it is about preparing yourself to deal with some of the worst shit humanity has to offer, and preparing to not be intimidated... there should be no holds barred in that process if the ultimate goal is to have the best prepared military... if words can still make you cry, it is time to grow a spine or leave the fucking military... if you cry over words, what sort of mess will you be if your friend's head disappears, you have to shoot a kid, or you are captured and get a taste of a real "bully"... if you aren't joking, than i have no problem letting you know that i find your opinion niave... i would imagine that people who think that are better suited to tea parties with stuffed animals than the reality of how grim life can become... i've never joined the millitary, because i just don't like the idea of killing some of the folks they need to kill, but a little yelling is honestly a mercy... i want to call this a troll post, but maybe you are serious...

Jaguar

Johnny Mercer, the Conservative MP who as an Army officer fought in Afghanistan, said bayonet training had to be brutal but criticized the instructor’s decision to record the exercise, which was a “deep breach of trust and respect for that individual.”

Agreed. The instructor is an attention whore, not army material. Fuck him.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is this in Philosophy/Spirituality?

Jaguar

Why is Kanye's name in the title? Oh, I get it. Another attention whore.

á´…eparted

passages

He's just another religious conservative, its to be expected. He just happens to be "smart" enough to obscure his views heavily and not make a mess here. Not ideal, but better than nothing as his is approach is far too soft to make any meaningful waves here.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know this has been said like 800 times in this thread: but why specifically the female soldiers?

Mole

Permabanned
perhaps not in your personal bubble, but i think that this is absurd... the military isn't about decency, kittens, or rainbows... it is about preparing yourself to deal with some of the worst shit humanity has to offer, and preparing to not be intimidated... there should be no holds barred in that process if the ultimate goal is to have the best prepared military... if words can still make you cry, it is time to grow a spine or leave the fucking military... if you cry over words, what sort of mess will you be if your friend's head disappears, you have to shoot a kid, or you are captured and get a taste of a real "bully"... if you aren't joking, than i have no problem letting you know that i find your opinion niave... i would imagine that people who think that are better suited to tea parties with stuffed animals than the reality of how grim life can become... i've never joined the millitary, because i just don't like the idea of killing some of the folks they need to kill, but a little yelling is honestly a mercy... i want to call this a troll post, but maybe you are serious...

It's true, war is hell, while peace can be heaven.

I like his music. and hey, I resemble that remark. :D

He's just another religious conservative, its to be expected. He just happens to be "smart" enough to obscure his views heavily and not make a mess here. Not ideal, but better than nothing as his is approach is far too soft to make any meaningful waves here.

I'm flattered. :wubbie:

I know this has been said like 800 times in this thread: but why specifically the female soldiers?

Short answer: Because dudes don't cry.

Long answer: And dudes who would cry, are smart enough to avoid the heat.

Then there's this (presumably) "useful idiot" who with her head filled with equalism, went into what looks like a standard combat exercise, a D.I. lacking in intensity making a girl cry on (an illegal) camera for the whole world to see. Doesn't look good for anyone. Someone's gotta go down. It'll be the CPL in this vid.