• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is anything important?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really don't see how anything is logically justified in and of itself. Ideals are always in relation to some value and everybody has different values. Of course, I want my value of freedom to reign supreme, but that's just my opinion when push comes to shove.

This is why there will be no peace, I guess. Since values and ethics are subjective, the world will never be brought under one value system except by force or coin.

The worst I can say to the most violent religious fundamentalist is: "We have different values and I will fight you over it because I value my values over yours."

It's so self-referential...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"If I gave you an ice-cream cone would you refuse to eat it because after you finished it, it would be all gone? I'm guessing that you would eat the ice-cream cone and enjoy it, even though it doesn't last forever. It's the same with life. You are here and the time is now. Enjoy the time you have and try to leave the place in a little better shape than the way you found it, if at all possible. Future generations will be grateful that you did your part."
Source:
If we all die, is anything actually 'important'? - Quora

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're correct. Ethics and morality are subjective. That is why fighting over them is so ridiculous, and yet so unavoidable. In the end, you choose those things that are important to you, and live your life accordingly. It is all any of us can really do.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're correct. Ethics and morality are subjective. That is why fighting over them is so ridiculous, and yet so unavoidable. In the end, you choose those things that are important to you, and live your life accordingly. It is all any of us can really do.

:roundthnx:
I totally agree here.