Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Default Is anything important?

I really don't see how anything is logically justified in and of itself. Ideals are always in relation to some value and everybody has different values. Of course, I want my value of freedom to reign supreme, but that's just my opinion when push comes to shove.

This is why there will be no peace, I guess. Since values and ethics are subjective, the world will never be brought under one value system except by force or coin.

The worst I can say to the most violent religious fundamentalist is: "We have different values and I will fight you over it because I value my values over yours."

It's so self-referential...
    Likes Nomendei liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

"If I gave you an ice-cream cone would you refuse to eat it because after you finished it, it would be all gone? I'm guessing that you would eat the ice-cream cone and enjoy it, even though it doesn't last forever. It's the same with life. You are here and the time is now. Enjoy the time you have and try to leave the place in a little better shape than the way you found it, if at all possible. Future generations will be grateful that you did your part."

Source:
    If we all die, is anything actually 'important'? - Quora

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You're correct. Ethics and morality are subjective. That is why fighting over them is so ridiculous, and yet so unavoidable. In the end, you choose those things that are important to you, and live your life accordingly. It is all any of us can really do.
    The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience. Patience means restraining one's inclinations. There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience.

Ieyasu Tokugawa
    Likes Avocado liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Madboot View Post
    You're correct. Ethics and morality are subjective. That is why fighting over them is so ridiculous, and yet so unavoidable. In the end, you choose those things that are important to you, and live your life accordingly. It is all any of us can really do.

I totally agree here.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I found a few sites:

Why Life Is Absurd - The New York Times

There Is No Point | Psychology Today

There is no meaning so anything and everything I do is alright.

@Starry just doesn’t get that.