• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dedicate a Song, Image, or Writing to the Dead

Metis

This was playing when my grandparents first danced together.

Lili Marleen

I don't know if it was this version.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

victims of the Orlando shooting

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
This one goes out to an old friend, who met his reaper a bit unexpectedly, not to long ago. This one's for you Marine. Rest Easy my friend.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I used to play this song for my dad often. I always think of the two of us in the living room with me on the piano, and my dad shutting his eyes while on a big red comfy sofa we had. A fresh autumn breeze gently makes its way through the crack of the window and a soft light of a lowered sunshine fills the room. This song and imagery that comes with it always brings me solace.

This song really hit me after my father died in 2012. I have never held another human being in such high regard. He was a kind and gentle soul yet strong as bear and unmoving as a mountain when the situation warranted. I’ve learned to live without out him and most thoughts of him bring a smile, yet there are times I miss him terribly. Until we meet again.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They know who they are, if such a thing is possible, and so do I.

The Cat

Staff member
They know who they are:
Until...

Metis

My grandfather used to play Danny Boy at my grandmother's grave. I kept time for him on an Irish drum.

Today is her birthday.

Happy birthday! :)

Thank you for taking care of me when I was little. :hi:

Metis

Birthday Daffodils

800px-Yellow-daffodil-flowers_-_West_Virginia_-_ForestWander.jpg

:)

:blowkiss:

The Cat

Staff member
For my Paternal Grandfather...the rock I clung to in the stormy seas of my family.
The one man I knew who could put himself in anyone's shoes.

He was a million miles from a million dollars but you could never spend his wealth.

The Cat

Staff member
This is the song I want at my wake...

For the Service:

For the Lighting of my pyre at dusk:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For my late Paternal Grandfather who loved the Good,the Bad and the Ugly.

For my late Aunt who was a lover of early 2000s music

Metis

This started playing while I was thinking, just now, about how I'd like to have the chance to take care of my grandmother, if she ever came back to life as my kid--if reincarnation exists.

[MENTION=30122]Lord Lavender[/MENTION] reminded me of her. Earl Grey tea! LOL

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This one makes me think of some of the great scientists we have lost during my lifetime: most recently Stephen Hawking, but also Charles Townes, Vera Rubin, and especially Carl Sagan.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

the last one was my aunt... this one is my brother... pretty much died of the same shit more or less... anyway, this song ran through my head a lot when i stayed up at night to take care of him... i guess the funeral today (yesterday if you think of the day changing at midnight instead of after you fall asleep) put it on my mind again...