• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you could select just one thing to change in our world, what would it be?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There is so much. Where to begin? I would design a species that held critical thought and reasoning as part of its DNA structure and outlook. Thus not being susceptible to emotional reasoning, denial and rationalizations. All of which have contributed so much to the worlds mistakes and self induced misery.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've always been a proponent of strengthening Agape compassion with empathy skills training as well strengthening our critical use of reason. One without the other is crippled. Too much evil has been done in the name of love. This is because of blind spots, emotional reasoning, denial and rationalization. A mindful approach to be aware of our sub-conscious thinking and rooting out distortions of thought can help alleviate this. I would design a species that held critical thought and reasoning as part of its DNA structure and outlook.

Thus not being susceptible to emotional reasoning, denial and rationalizations. All of which have contributed so much to the worlds mistakes and self induced misery.

"The planet does not need more 'successful people.' The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds. It needs people to live well in their places. It needs people with moral courage willing to join the struggle to make the world habitable and humane and these qualities have little to do with success as our culture is the set.” Dalai Lama

"We need to shift from an economic organizing principle for human civilization, to a humanitarian organizing principle. Making money more important than your own children is a pathological way for an individual to run their affairs, and it's a pathological way for a society to run its affairs." Marianne Williamson

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would make so that people stop acting like jerks to each other.

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Unfortunately for humanity, I’m very greedy and egocentric. My wish would be to be in the top 10 of the richest person.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Unfortunately for humanity, I’m very greedy and egocentric. My wish would be to be in the top 10 of the richest person.

Why not THE richest person?

Unless you think this is a genie game and you would get the wish twisted to where you were the only person, technically making you the richest?

Permabanned

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why not THE richest person?

Unless you think this is a genie game and you would get the wish twisted to where you were the only person, technically making you the richest?

No, just to have fun becoming THE richest through tactics and strategy. Becoming the richest person only because I was lucky enough to have this wish granted would be extremely boring. And my ego would probably be hurt, so I would feel depressed and unworthy.

But being immune to this wish-twisting thing would also be an advantage.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, just to have fun becoming THE richest through tactics and strategy. Becoming the richest person only because I was lucky enough to have this wish granted would be extremely boring. And my ego would probably be hurt, so I would feel depressed and unworthy.

But being immune to this wish-twisting thing would also be an advantage.

The way your top 10 couldbe twisted is that there are now only 10 people on earth and you are the poorest of those 10.

rav3n

Break up and spin off multinational corporations into smaller, easily regulated entities.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extreme neuroticism.

"Controlled neurosis is the secret of success"- Donald Trump. I'd speculate that virtually every despotic leader is in some way neurotic. There'd be a lot of leverage in getting rid of it (impossible though it would be to do).

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I wouldn't change a thing.

- - -

From a naturalistic science view we live upon an extraordinary planet. The problem lays in that we are not a reasoned orientated species with critical thought. This apparent defect or oversight leads to blind spots and documented cognitive fallacies such as rationalization, denial and emotional reasoning has led to untold horror committed on this planet, even by well meaning human beings. This in large part contributes to the problems affecting not only humanity but all life this planet holds.

Until we take the bull by the horns and accept responsibility on how are children are educated in two key missing areas: cognitive mindfulness and empathy skills, the horrors will continue. As I said we are reactive in nature and not proactive. We will be forestalling any change of new developments in this area. As far as how we see the world no one may be oblivious of societal ills afflicting mankind. One may reach a state of personal development and as such has good mental discipline and may be more immured to the effects of what is going on all around him.

He is not a Bodhisattva nor truly awakened one that shares the concern not only for himself, but all of the world community as well as Agape compassion and Love for all life forms.”

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Our capitalist ways of calculating the value of a person. It is ass backwards.

A person who has more is assumed to have earned it by the simple act of already having it. A person who has less because they are given less ( regardless of the amount of work/effort) is automatically worth less.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Our desire to repeat our history and don't learn anything from it.
There is no change in any society which repeat their mistakes over and over again.

Our desire to marked every successful person as a criminal in order to justify our misery.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The world needs about 6.5 billion more libertarians. Much of the savagery, violence, and cruelty is the result of irrational, angry, immature people aping out when they don't get what they want. We, libertarians, have mostly overcome these primitive urges. Once the rest of the world catches up with us, there will be world peace, mutual cooperation and respect.