• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kind of people does the world need more of?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What kind of people does the world need more of? What the world needs now is_____________?

"The planet does not need more 'successful people.' The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds.
It needs people to live well in their places. It needs people with moral courage willing to join the struggle to make the world habitable and humane and these qualities have little to do with success as our culture is the set.” Dalai Lama

"We need to shift from an economic organizing principle for human civilization, to a humanitarian organizing principle. Making money more important than your own children is a pathological way for an individual to run their affairs, and it's a pathological way for a society to run its affairs." Marianne Williamson

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The planet could probably do with less humans, in general.
But I otherwise agree.

Lark

What's happened with this now, I'm pretty sure I've seen this and a couple of the other threads which were posted along with it with pages of comment and now there's just the OP or the OP and a single response.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Constructive and forwards looking people.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree the world needs more kind hearted people.

I'd also say less personally ambitious people as well - there are too many controlling, intrusive people who think they can fix everyone else without having any training, knowledge, or perspective. They cause so much damage, but never see it because it feels righteous. Maybe less arrogance overall would fix all the ambition problems, both personal and professional.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
These peacenik quotes always remind me of ad copy for some sort of organic new-age product:

Gandhi once said "it's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"--so why not light one of our cruelty-free vegan candles?

It seems funny that we're always hearing this sort of garbage from people who are so damn insulated from monetary stress. It smacks more of image and branding, to me.

I mean yeah, great, being nice is nice, but what does that even look like, practically? What is the alternative to our current economic system, Marianne "Millions"?

Mole

Permabanned
Under the impact of electronic media we are turning inwards. So we need more of those with a rich inner life and the ability to share it.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I agree the world needs more kind hearted people.

I'd also say less personally ambitious people as well - there are too many controlling, intrusive people who think they can fix everyone else without having any training, knowledge, or perspective. They cause so much damage, but never see it because it feels righteous. Maybe less arrogance overall would fix all the ambition problems, both personal and professional.

Ravenetta wrote, (all quotations are Ravenetta followed by my reply). (1) "I agree the world needs more kind hearted people."

Ravenetta a simplistic cocept. Do no harm in speech, word, emotionally, sexually, psychologically orphysically.

The second core philosophy is to turn the cheek and take the higher road. Now if someone did something illegal or hurtful they should be held accountable but with reason anmd the law. All else remain true to yourself and path.

A philosophy which I've as choice took as my life journey is and has its roots in: Jesus teaching peace, Buddhism, as well the cognitive theory in a psychology orientation, these are primary; but it happens be my insight as well much knowledge which i have thus assimilated. I am fully aware, philosophy can and possesses some change. Each ladder on a progression to an enlightening state purchase more wisdom; loving nature and on it goes. I've always thought with a concept: and fixing a standard that if it were allowed fruition-would have a chance to bring a little peace in our way of life.

Obviously this is what I personally aspire to. I don't always get it right. Also I am or can be a realist. I will defend myself, but I will use the least amount of energy/force/act necessary. A PATH / A KEY / A WAY are, is, is to follow the golden rule by:

Do not think negative thoughts, but deal with the situation rationally.

Do not speak with negative energy. It is a reflection of you & not the other.

Do not act negatively, but react realistically with the proper restraint even if negative energy is directed at you.

Now we influence each other with positive or negative energy. In this universe for every action there is an equal reaction. So the natural tendency is to repay negative energy with more negative energy.
This feels very good and we feel self- righteous about it. After all the other is in the wrong and not us. In our mind the other is blind and does evil, immoral, wrong words or actions. But the key is that it is irrelevant to one's path. The key is that being negative in even the slightest is a true reflection of self and not the other.

The other's path is their destiny. Perhaps they were sent here to test our mettle in the face of crisis or misfortunes, thus there is a chance with growth if we only but bend our own beliefs to embrace a truer reality. Now this next part coming is partly from cognitive behavior principles. A key is that if we have a negative emotion, we are ruled by a distortion. The external even triggered:

A. What is in us waiting to come to the surface in a testing moment.

B. Triggered or own unfinished childhood issues and emotions

C. We are reacting in a lesser manner.

We are reacting against ghosts from the past that this moment has triggered so that we can grow and move on to the path of self-actualization. That is if we choose the higher road and we need endeavor to act maturely and with restraint. If I hurt you, I hurt myself, perhaps not noticeably, but I missed an opportunity for growth. If we do not sink to the others level. Perhaps it will take longer for them on the path of life to mature, reflect, and with insight grow. If we think, speak, or act in a negative manner then the opportunity is lost.

The message is lost, but it will undoubtedly reappear until you learn the lesson about you. This moment in space and time was brought together for you to learn this valuable lesson of self, in order to grow and actualize. Do not throw this precious moment away by reacting with your baser instincts. Reach, grow, become. Reach for this inner learning. Grow with this wisdom and become what you were meant to be."

(2) "...less personally ambitious people as well...too many controlling, intrusive people who think they can fix everyone else without having any training, knowledge, or perspective."

I have a major pet peeve with advise givers. This versus being a true friend or professional and utilizing empathy to enter their world of experience. It is to enter another's phenomenological or inner universe to see things from their perspective. I have a problem with advise giving. In depression or getting over grief or whatever travail people can choose several routes. The empathy path, advise trail and sympathy route. The sympathy route lack insight but show compassion. Empathy however incorporates compassion plus a more deep understanding showing listening skill.

Advise giving does not understand and doesn’t show insight. You are projecting. You aren’t listening and you are not being empathic. My rhetorical question is, “Don’t you think I and the people you advise give or make suggestions to already know that?”

If I can do it, I will. If I’m not doing it, it is because of an illness or what I’m going through, you can’t understand. Be grateful you can’t understand depression, grief, PTSD, sexual violence, rape, domestic abuse, divorce, etc. It’s another reality.

Personally I am empathic towards people suffering from things I can’t imagine. I attempt to get into their universe and do not make unwanted suggestions. It is a learned and fixed behavior. I’ve always been honest and open. The suggestion givers I have nothing but exasperation for.

#1. Don’t you know your suggestions I and the people you give advise to already know what your suggestion is? Unless a person specifically asks for advise or positive suggestions then they are unwanted.

#2. What is in your head that you feel it necessary to impart albeit positive suggestions or advise?

#3. People going through things wish to feel like they are understood and listened too. The advise giver and sympathizer don’t provide this. Empathetic listening makes the person feel heard and understood as well validated."