User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    IXTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Since we are the least evil demographic in the history of civilization, I'd have to say that the opposite of libertarianism is evil. Someone upthread mentioned that evil is taking something from someone without their agreement; I'd say that's very close to it. Most evil acts do involve theft of something - whether it be life, limb, property, or time.
    Fascinating. So shoplifting is a literal example of the category of crime of which murder is a subset?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    There is only one sin which can't be forgiven, and that is the sin against the Holy Spirit. But what is the sin against the Holy Spirit?
    One need to "pitch" doctrine to comprehend the broader metaphysical implications of the topic. To sin against the Holy Spirit, even when considering the traditional English version of the text is simply a concept of "denial."

In essence, it's sin against the self...which granted is my own take on things, no differing vs. anybody else's. Basically, it's a willful refusal of the ego to embrace and yield to the soul's journey.

Granted there's a ton of shit behind that thought, from multiple cultures and perspectives...best left completely alone. People should simply be wherever they are at, for good or naught...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp

Evil = ego, chaos, irrationality, disorder, emotion

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by k9a4b View Post
    Evil = ego, chaos, irrationality, disorder, emotion
    So we are told, but evil manifests itself in the modern world as bureaucratic order, bureaucratic rationality, and emotionless bureaucrats. Our poster boy for the evil bureaucrat is Adolf Eichmann, a modest conscientious bureaucrat, hard working, who sent millions to their death, without a twinge of conscience.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    So we are told, but evil manifests itself in the modern world as bureaucratic order, bureaucratic rationality, and emotionless bureaucrats. Our poster boy for the evil bureaucrat is Adolf Eichmann, a modest conscientious bureaucrat, hard working, who sent millions to their death, without a twinge of conscience.
    Evil is just a word - it usually refers to ego, chaos, irrationality, disorder, emotion

I don't see evil as a "bad" thing. I embrace evil in this sense because it is a part of the human psyche

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lightsun View Post
    What causes Evil?
    Will to harm innocents.

Can you forgive evil?
    No. Evil, by definition, cannot be forgiven.

What is to be done about evil?
    I hear good things about eradication.

Who defines what's good and evil?
    In today's world, a democratic majority. Which is both sad and a little scary.
    Repeat after me: "Wocka, wocka, wocka". See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?
    Likes lightsun liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI None

"Evil and its root cause, Ignorance: What causes Evil? Can you forgive evil? What is to be done about evil? Who defines what's good and evil? What constitutes evil? Is it done out of ignorance and if so how can we overcome both evil and ignorance? What is the only recourse available to a single individual in a world surrounded by war and hate? What is evil's worst portrayal? It comes in the form of nationalistic wars and inhumanity against fellow humans. How long will evil last on this earth? How could we start to alleviate the problem of evil?

How could we start to alleviate the problem of evil? There are many components: having an internal locus of control, responding to each situation with reason and compassion. Such as taking the much more difficult high road. It is easy to succumb to base emotion and react outwardly against the world or another person. However you are hurting yourself. There is a valuable lesson for you about your weak sots or vulnerable areas. Now is the time to grow. But it is a choice. Have that iron steel discipline of mindfulness and taking self responsibility. Or else cave in and do the easy thing. Play the blame game, condemn and judge.

How long will evil last on this earth? Until we develop a society of like minded individuals who realize the great truth of taking self responsibility. Such a society is unlikely to exist when we can't even have dialogue at the highest political positions in the country with using reason and the debate style of mutual respect. What is evil's worst portrayal? It comes in the form of nationalistic wars and inhumanity against fellow humans. War is a human disease. We were not meant for war psychologically.

The after affects is swept under the covers while we raise the flag and announce our patriotism. Believe me nationalism and patriotism blinds the individual that we have a social responsibility for all beings as well all life forms. We have not grown spiritually or emotionally since the dawn of man. What we do have are laws. But all these laws were fought and a lot of misery came through trying to implement change. We are not true humanitarians who look out for the interests of all mankind.

What is the only recourse available to a single individual in a world surrounded by war and hate? Taking the high road and walking the middle path is a hard life choice. It must be implemented in the school systems as empathy and critical thought are not taught. Sadly, we are the less for it. Illiterate spiritually and emotionally stunted.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I disagree that ignorance is the root cause of evil. I do think that the evil are able to exploit ignorance for their own purposes, but that is not the same thing.
    Coriolis wrote, (all quotes are Coriolis followed by my reply). (1) "I disagree that ignorance is the root cause of evil." and "...think that the evil are able to exploit ignorance for their own purposes..."

I do believe ignorance with blind spots, (cognitive distortions) rationalization, denial and emotional reasoning are the prime cases of evil. The aforementioned list of cognitive distortions are a direct result of not being cognitively trained.

If ignorance is not the prime mover and shaker of evil perpetrated on planet earth Coriolis, then what is?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI None

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    1. Students have to like you and your class because if they are in this state of mind they will be more relax and more creative
    2. Not all students are competitive. Some of them require gently approach to problem, advice and team work
    3. You can possess a lot of knowledge about your subject but if you cannot inspire them to love your subject then you are just facts teller which is boring for the most of them.
    4. You cannot just give them some exam and say do this. It is boring too. And most of them will just look to class pass.
    5. If you think that you are good teacher because you are too much serious about your subject and love using punishment as method to humiliate them you are not!
    6. You are here to learn them not just to learn things but also to love learning things.
    7. Marks of your students and your skills to pass them your knowledge IS what you give the title "good teacher"
    'Difference Between a Teacher and a Guru.'

"A teacher takes responsibility of your growth.

a guru makes you responsible for your growth.

a teacher answers your questions.

a guru questions your answers.

a teacher is a guide on the path.

a guru is a pointer to the way.

a teacher sends you on the road to success.

a guru sends you on the road to freedom.

a teacher instructs you.

a guru constructs you.

a teacher gives you knowledge and boosts your ego.

a guru takes away your knowledge and punctures your ego.

a teacher sharpens your mind.

a guru opens your mind.

a teacher gives you knowledge .

a guru makes you wise.

a teacher gives you maturity.

a guru returns your innocence.

when a teacher finishes with you ,
    you graduate.

when a guru finishes with you , you celebrate." Unknown
    Likes Norexan liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

'Difference Between a Teacher and a Guru.'

"A teacher takes responsibility of your growth.

a guru makes you responsible for your growth.
    Exactly.
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.
    Likes lightsun liked this post