User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    So the minute your life encounters serious suffering it will cease to have meaning and purpose?
    The lives of half the global population today who live on less than $2.50 a day have less meaning and purpose than your life?
    The lives of virtually everyone who lived before the last 100 years were pointless?
    I never said life had meaning and purpose. You did. I certainly think a good portion of the global population has a greatly diminished life compared to what I have, and that is sad and unfair.

If you're asking if life is still worth living with the suffering that exists, I guess that's a question you'd have to ask the sufferer, and many times the answer is no. Then there are those who die in suffering, and they didn't get that option.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix31 View Post
    I never said life had meaning and purpose. You did.
    Oh. Okay. Well then we don't even have the most common of basic understandings about existance.
    I'm sorry you see things that way.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

That's not an answer.
    I'm asking you what is your basis for judging anything. How do you make your moral claims about what is right and wrong for humans.
    You just keep asserting that things are bad, but I would like to know what your moral framework is.

I don't judge his moral standard. After all he is a superior being in the story. I judged his methods to do things with all his power! I judge his FALSE omnipotence.

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    Sacrificing himself to solve problem what he as the creator caused! Intelligence. Such a "All-powerful" being with everlasting wish to control his destiny who always slip away from his hands and OF ALL POWERS he possess (he is all-powerful right?) he uses methods of playing victim , ethnic cleansing , raping children....
    and because of that

No. Silly is when you have a god who make mistakes like human and expect from me to don't treat him as human!
    I can judge him. Because he is not different then any other lesser divine being found in myths around the world.

So...

If commit genocide , killing babies in front of mothers eyes, sanding bear to rape children , promote cleansing of entair cities who worship others gods etc is not evil you are ignorant person or very unethical.

And if you attempt to accuse me for changing topic just remember where we started from!

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7

He says that he is responsible for creating evil!

So you have only two path:

1. Path that he is unaware god who with "all his perfect omni-BS" created definition of chaotic and flow machine called universe
    2. Path that actually another gods exist but problem with that point of view is that makes him greatest liar ever, he becomes kind of heroic sadistic lesser god who is definitely not omni-BS and defiantly not worth of worship. "All-powerful" , "all-knowing" become just the title and NOTHING more then that!
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

Permabanned

So the minute your life encounters serious suffering it will cease to have meaning and purpose?
    The lives of half the global population today who live on less than $2.50 a day have less meaning and purpose than your life?
    The lives of virtually everyone who lived before the last 100 years were pointless?

That's not an answer. Anal
    I'm asking you what is your basis for judging anything. How do you make your moral claims about what is right and wrong for humans.
    You just keep asserting that things are bad, but I would like to know what your moral framework is.

There is no evidence that would change your mind or anyone's mind.
    It's not a matter of evidence. Not because there is no evidence. The whole universe is the evidence, but rather it's a matter of false belief.
    Your belief in evidence as the sole determination of truth is a misguided belief.
    We have a way of testing fantasies like the Trinity or mbti, and that is the scientific method.

Of course those entranced by the Trinity or mbti will believe anything that is ini their interests.

Those entranced lose their intellectual integgrity as long as they are entranced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    We have a way of testing fantasies like...
    ... Like this kind of fantasy?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

"Evil" is a slippery word. It is almost always used in reference to actions and ways of being that are perfectly innocent in the eyes of many. The one who really gets to determine what is and isn't evil is me. If someone else is certain that something is evil, I can always question them. But if I'm certain that something is evil, that thing is bound to manifest itself as evil.

I would say that the real cause of evil is moral judgment. Things are evil because we judge them to be evil. Without moral judgment, everyone would be perfectly innocent.

A moral judgment presumes the existence of the judged thing in oneself. If I say that religion is evil, for example, and understand what I'm saying, I must be running a simulation of religiosity in my head. In other words, I must be engaging in the act I'm calling evil. So the cause of external evil is evil in oneself. A truly innocent person has no conception of evil.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]
    Likes lightsun liked this post

Saturn's Amethyst
    MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    749 so/sp

Evil is on a more big picture objective scale defined as behavior,actions or sets of ideas that are deemed harmful and destructive. However at the personal level evil becomes far more nuanaced like for instance a radical vegterian may consider meat eating to be evil which from most societies could easily be labeled as such as it involves killing a living thing but nost consider it not evil while a racial superinist wouldn't see racial discrimation as evil despite the fact it's a destructive and harmful thing.

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar

We're all evil in one way or another. Some confess it, while others excuse it.
    Likes StrawberryBoots liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Since we are the least evil demographic in the history of civilization, I'd have to say that the opposite of libertarianism is evil. Someone upthread mentioned that evil is taking something from someone without their agreement; I'd say that's very close to it. Most evil acts do involve theft of something - whether it be life, limb, property, or time.
    Uncle Roger needs to stop picking on Jamie Oliver. I'm sure chili jam is delightful in egg fried rice.
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

Permabanned

There is only one sin which can't be forgiven, and that is the sin against the Holy Spirit. But what is the sin against the Holy Spirit?