User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    You also said "The only exceptions..." So, I'm wondering how you determined life and death and safety to be the only exceptions to a subjective worldview. Common sense would also be subjective since you left that out of your list of "only exceptions".

Why?
    They are for me more objetive since the questions of life, death and safety generally have irreversable results. I simply dislike to see people screwed over if something could have been done about it. I simply see this as inefficient and I dislike things that I see as inefficient.

Plus to put it bluntly: I am 100% Atheist, so in my opinion the only thing that people will get is this life. So it would be a shame that even this goes to hell for them, especially if there was no real need for that.
    Likes lightsun liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    They are for me more objetive since the questions of life, death and safety generally have irreversable results. I simply dislike to see people screwed over if something could have been done about it. I simply see this as inefficient and I dislike things that I see as inefficient.
    So, it's really not a universally objective view of life and death. Life and Death, too, is subjective judging by how many times you referenced yourself.

Thank you.
    Likes Lib liked this post

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

So, it's really not a universally objective view of life and death. Life and Death, too, is subjective judging by how many times you referenced yourself.

Thank you.

I never fully claimed they are. However these are minimums that you have to take into the consideration if you want keep the society going. Complete relativism is impractical in that regard.

But ok, this is a debate without the end.

I never fully claimed they are. However these are minimums that you have to take into the consideration if you want keep the society going.
    Subjectively, you're unable to fully claim anything. Not even life and death. The society that requires child sacrifice for the good life of the mother/parents would disagree with you.

Complete relativism is impractical in that regard.
    Sounds like it.

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Subjectively, you're unable to fully claim anything. Not even life and death. The society that requires child sacrifice for the good life of the mother/parents would disagree with you.

Sounds like it.
    Questionable, because for me abortion isn't relative. It is very deliberate process with pretty well defined goals. Sure, it isn't pretty but often it is better to end the drama in the begining. Leaving unwanted childen around is pretty relativistic in my book. Especially since world population already passed 7.5 billion and there is no end in sight, the same can be said about current geochemical changes that are consequence of that.

And this is where I am going to stop since everything further will be attack on your faith. (and I am not in the mood for that)

Questionable, because for me abortion isn't relative. It is very deliberate process with pretty well defined goals. Sure, it isn't pretty but often it is better to end the drama in the begining. Leaving unwanted childen around is pretty relativistic in my book. Especially since world population already passed 7.5 billion and there is no end in sight, the same can be said about current geochemical changes that are consequence of that.
    You don't have to rationalize it to me. I understand that for you, the virtues (of Life and Death) are subjective.

And this is where I am going to stop since everything further will be attack on your faith. (and I am not in the mood for that)
    The Way has been attacked for 2000 years, and yet He persists. Not even Death could keep The Way.

MBTI
    INTJ

Evil is very often a subjective commodity. The American Revolution is regarded by Americans as a laudable act of moral good... primarily because the revolutionaries won. But if they'd lost, modern Americans living in a Brit In The High Castle World would probably be taught to regard the Founding Fathers as reprehensible villains even though their actions would be largely the same (except for, y'know, the whole victory thing).
    Repeat after me: "Wocka, wocka, wocka". See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?

Hannah Arendt in her book Eichmann in Jerusalem speaks of the banality of evil. And it doesn't seem evil comes to us in the guise of Mephistopheles but in the guise of a conscientious bureaucrat doing his job, in fact evil can come to us as a 'good German'. In fact some of us are 'Good Germans'.
    Likes Tater, Cellmold, LittleCat liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Evil can be defined as any act commit by some individuate without agreement another one. Although sometimes evil is necessary and best teacher for improvement.
    True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    "I WIL NOT F%CK YOUR MIND. YOUR MIND IS ALREADY F%CKED. I WILL JUST PULL THE TRIGGER."
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    Evil can be defined as any act commit by some individuate without agreement another one. Although sometimes evil is necessary and best teacher for improvement.
    Cognitive dissonance is emotionally painful, yet a good teacher will induce cognitive dissonance in her pupils to facilitate learning. A bad teacher will seek popularity in the classroom and everyone will love her. Who is the good teacher and who the bad?
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post