• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are the Old Testament and New Testament two different religions: Judaism/Christianity

Mole

Permabanned
Both the Old and New Testaments have one thing in common: they both lack a sense of humour.

They both lack a sense of humour because they were written in a trance in order to entrance the reader.

This is necessary because in a trance we lose our sense of humour and become suggestible.

And once we are suggestible, we will believe anything.

Both the Old and New Testaments have one thing in common: they both lack a sense of humour.

They both lack a sense of humour because they were written in a trance in order to entrance the reader.

This is necessary because in a trance we lose our sense of humour and become suggestible.

And once we are suggestible, we will believe anything.

Comedy seems to be one of those things that are...culturally subjective. British dry humor vs. Japanese zany humor, etc. You either "get it" or you don't. Ancient Hebrews and Greeks seem to be wholly different cultures from the present world, no?

Is the Bible funny? Seven comedy moments you might have missed | Christian News on Christian Today

Mole

Permabanned
Comedy seems to be one of those things that are...culturally subjective. British dry humor vs. Japanese zany humor, etc. You either "get it" or you don't. Ancient Hebrews and Greeks seem to be wholly different cultures from the present world, no? Is the Bible funny? Seven comedy moments you might have missed | Christian News on Christian Today

But when the ancient texts are translated into the vernacular, we see clearly that they lack a sense of humour.

This is true of all sacred texts from the Bible to. the Bhagavid Gita. So all sacred. texts are written in a trance to entrance the reader.

Fortunately we started to wake from our eons old trance in the.18th century in the Enlightenment of evidencee and reason.

So mbti is a throwback to entrancement. It replaces evidence and reason with what is plausible

So mbti is astrology for the college educated.

I do understand that being.woken rudely from our entrancement is a. shock.

But when the ancient texts are translated into the vernacular, we see clearly that they lack a sense of humour.

I agree. Many Bible translations these days have certain..."liberties" taken for ulterior motives. Protestant translators are notorious for this.

This is true of all sacred texts from the Bible to. the Bhagavid Gita. So all sacred. texts are written in a trance to entrance the reader.

Really?

Fortunately we started to wake from our eons old trance in the.18th century in the Enlightenment of evidencee and reason.

Unfortunately, it seems becoming entranced is a lot more...efficient with ready-made sleep inducers in the form of "entertainment" although I'm loathe to call it that.

So mbti is a throwback to entrancement. It replaces evidence and reason with what is plausible

So mbti is astrology for the college educated.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

I do understand that being.woken rudely from our entrancement is a. shock.

It is a shock! But, once you are "woke" you sort of go into a rage about being "lied" to all your life. It's a mini-death. A death of your old Self, so you likewise experience the stages of grief. It is possible to get stuck at a certain stage because it feeds the ego as it refuses to let go of its baggage and move-on. The goal is to reach acceptance and fully die to your old self. Only then can you be resurrected like the phoenix a better person, one step closer to being Human.

I believe all of life is a series of deaths and resurrections culminating in our final resurrection (or rebirth if you prefer). Another key is to (try, at least to) handle your ego death gracefully. As with anything else, ego death seems to get easier with neptic practice.

3kMtHf0.jpg

"Tribune, do you truly believe all this?

-I believe I can never be the same."

:)