• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Spiritual Thought Thread

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
il_794xN.1793916260_easz.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yesterday, I was coming to an intersection in town where the homeless stand and beg for alms. I normally share money that I have, but I didn't have any to give at the time, so I turned and went the other way so as to not face them. 😔

Truth be told, I could've bought them lunch or something... I could've done something, anything, but I gave myself an excuse not to. Alms could be anything at all, yet I told myself that it has to be money, so when I didn't have any on me, I didn't do anything for them.

Alms giving is perhaps the best way to get back on the divine ladder yet I forsook it.... lesson learned

This is what a hypocrite looks like.

From today’s reading:

35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. (‬ Luke 6‬:35-36‬ NASB)
Interesting. I never give to panhandlers or street people, ever. I do go home and make donations to organizations in my area who help these people in need. I also volunteer where I have something of value to contribute.

Permabanned
our ancestors world was the tribe inside 4 walls; nowadays we live inside 4 walls and seek tribes in the online world

The Cat

Staff member
33But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness...

Ive always wondered why when doing this, so many "believers" try to paint you like your worse than the devil. :cry: I dont think the Kingdom is gonna look the way a lot of folks are expecting.

Luke 23:39-43

[SUP]39 [/SUP]One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him,saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” [SUP]40 [/SUP]But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? [SUP]41 [/SUP]And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” [SUP]42 [/SUP]And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” [SUP]43 [/SUP]And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

I know I'm just another criminal hanging on a tree. Please remember me when you come into your kingdom Jesus. -_-

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I sometimes wonder if the belief in a higher power, or even the concept of spirit, or solidarity with the cosmos is nothing more than the symptom of being somewhat evolved meat bags floundering with an intelligence we are ill-equipped equipped to understand.

“What, more realistically, is this “mutation,” the “new man”? He is the rootless man, discontinuous with a past that Nihilism has destroyed, the raw material of every demagogue’s dream; the “free-thinker” and skeptic, closed only to the truth but “open” to each new intellectual fashion because he himself has no intellectual foundation; the “seeker” after some “new revelation,” ready to believe anything new because true faith has been annihilated in him; the planner and experimenter, worshipping “fact” because he has abandoned truth, seeing the world as a vast laboratory in which he is free to determine what is “possible”; the autonomous man, pretending to the humility of only asking his “rights,” yet full of the pride that expects everything to be given him in a world where nothing is authoritatively forbidden; the man of the moment, without conscience or values and thus at the mercy of the strongest “stimulus”; the “rebel,” hating all restraint and authority because he himself is his own and only god; the “mass man,” this new barbarian, thoroughly “reduced” and “simplified” and capable of only the most elementary ideas, yet scornful of anyone who presumes to point out the higher things or the real complexity of life.”

-from Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age by Seraphim Rose

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After examining the parallels between the theology of the Trinity and the Buddhist concept of “interbeing,” [Thich Nhat Hanh] takes issue with the man regarded by millions as the foremost exponent of the Christian tradition—Pope John Paul II. In his recent book, Crossing the Threshold of Hope, John Paul II states that:

Christ is absolutely original and absolutely unique. If He were only a wise man like Socrates, if He were a “prophet” like Mohammed, if He were “enlightened” like Buddha, without any doubt He would not be what He is. He is the one mediator between God and humanity​

Quoting this passage, Thich Nhat Hanh comments:

This statement does not seem to reflect the deep mystery of the oneness of the Trinity. It also does not reflect the fact that Christ is also the Son of Man. All Christians, while praying to God, address Him as Father. Of course Christ is unique. But who is not unique? Socrates, Mohammed, the Buddha, you, and I are all unique. The idea behind the statement, however, is the notion that Christianity provides the only way of salvation and all other religious traditions are of no use. This attitude excludes dialogue and fosters religious intolerance and discrimination. It does not help.​

https://elblogdewim.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/living-buddha-living-christ.pdf

Regarding abstinence from sex prior to marriage: What then if we can't wait until after marriage (thusly, cheating the Logos), how can we believe that we won't fall to temptations later on when presented with the opportunity to commit adultery? That would be the last thing we'd want to do, so this is the training and discipline we must accomplish for ourselves until the day of our wedding feast.

Ultimately, not the only reason why as we are to deny ourselves continually throughout our lives in ascetic practice to sync the spirit with the flesh.

Isha's response:
Oh Justin! I don't even want to think of that, but you are right that we should be that serious about it.

Good Isha.

StrawberryBoots

I believed in the sun ☀️, even when it wasn't shining. ☔️

I believed in love ❤️, even when I was alone. 🌹

I believed in God, even when it took years for Him to answer. God listens. 🙏

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
To understand Materium who must first live in the materium and not in the illusion of self importance and achievement.

The Cat

Staff member
18 Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire;

he breaks out against all sound judgment.

2 A fool takes no pleasure in understanding,

but only in expressing his opinion.

3 When wickedness comes, contempt comes also,

and with dishonor comes disgrace.

4 The words of a man's mouth are a deep waters;

the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook.

5 It is not good to be partial to1 the wicked

or to deprive the righteous of justice.

6 A fool's lips walk into a fight,

and his mouth invites a beating.

7 A fool's mouth is his ruin,

and his lips are a snare to his soul.

8 The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels;

they go down into the inner parts of the body.

9 Whoever is slack in his work

is a brother to him who destroys.

10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower;

the righteous man runs into it and is safe.

11 A rich man's wealth is his strong city,

and like a high wall in his imagination.

12 Before destruction a man's heart is haughty,

but humility comes before honor.

13 If one gives an answer before he hears,

it is his folly and shame.

14 A man's spirit will endure sickness,

but pa crushed spirit who can bear?

15 An intelligent heart acquires knowledge,

and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

16 A man's gift makes room for him

and brings him before the great.

17 The one who states his case first seems right,

until the other comes and examines him.

18 The lot puts an end to quarrels

and decides between powerful contenders.

19 A brother offended is more unyielding than a strong city,

and quarreling is like the bars of a castle.

20 From the fruit of a man's mouth his stomach is satisfied;

he is satisfied by the yield of his lips.

21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue,

and those who love it will eat its fruits.

22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing

and obtains favor from the Lord.

23 The poor use entreaties,

but the rich answer roughly.

24 A man of many companions may come to ruin,

but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

One such Western convert to Buddhism exhorted me not to use the term "Enlightened" to describe what the True Light does to His Israel, as the Buddha somehow copywrote the term when he described his state of contentment to be called "Enlightenment."

How curious then that during the "Enlightenment" period of the West, one such fraternity of schemers called themselves the "Illuminati" as an inversion of the Christian "Illuminated," and to depose the Monarchial order of the day, and to install their own vision of a Secular world order. Of course then, that same Buddhist won't have a problem with that era being called the "Enlightenment." It's only wrong if the Illuminated uses the term.

This isn't a pro-Monarchy post. I just found it interesting that the world vies to usurp the Light.

Tomb1

One such Western convert to Buddhism exhorted me not to use the term "Enlightened" to describe what the True Light does to His Israel, as the Buddha somehow copywrote the term when he described his state of contentment to be called "Enlightenment."

How curious then that during the "Enlightenment" period of the West, one such fraternity of schemers called themselves the "Illuminati" as an inversion of the Christian "Illuminated," and to depose the Monarchial order of the day, and to install their own vision of a Secular world order. Of course then, that same Buddhist won't have a problem with that era being called the "Enlightenment." It's only wrong if the Illuminated uses the term.

This isn't a pro-Monarchy post. I just found it interesting that the world vies to usurp the Light.

Kinshasa, Zaire October '74...Muhammad...in Round 8...Muhammad Ali...enlightened George Foreman...

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
in all seriousness, if you really believe that when you die there is NOTHING afterwards, how are most of you making it through the day? like that's it we just gonna be gone. I cant deal with that , I can except death but not ZERO afterlife. like why then WHATS THE POINT.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in all seriousness, if you really believe that when you die there is NOTHING afterwards, how are most of you making it through the day? like that's it we just gonna be gone. I cant deal with that , I can except death but not ZERO afterlife. like why then WHATS THE POINT.

To enjoy today, and what is? Perhaps enjoy tomorrow and what could be?

What's the alternative? Kill myself and hurt the people who care about me who are still alive?