• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Spiritual Thought Thread

What are anyone's thoughts on Edward Feser? I don't find his arguments particularly convincing, and a lot of them seem to made from circular reasoning and feeling. Like, yadda yadda Aquinas said this yadda yadda Thomas bloody Aquinas.

T2Pwdkx.jpg

Nomendei

Elegance of chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Like many evenings, laying in my bed, I was thinking about the meaning of life. for once I decided to turn around my way of thinking, see the world from another point of view. Until now, I saw our existence in a pessimistic way of nihilism and existentialism. I thought that being only atoms was something bad, that we would live to die, and other depressive thoughts usually went across my mind. But, after doing a 180° turn in my thinking process, I realized that life isn’t that bad. In contrary, our existence is exiting. We are atoms, gathering to form a being. Our brain, composed of billions of neurons, firing electrochemical signal, are complex enough to create intelligence. This brain, is influenced by chemicals to feel good and bad. To influence our actions, to socialize and survive. But this brain needs fuel. Thus, we have lungs. And to transport this fuel to our tissues, we developed a heart, veins and blood. To fuel our biological pump, we need food and something to turn it into energy. We are the embodiment of a miracle, though it’s not divine. Yes, our existence has an end, but isn’t it better that way? You can do whatever you want, because whatever your actions, you are still gonna die.
Death. No existence, no remorse. Knowing that, what should your life look like. Each person is different. Some want a calm life, others want to experience it at its fullest. Most of the time, you won’t even realize that you are living your last second. So, whether you aim higher or lower, it won’t change. You are still gonna die.
We, humans, want to feel good. We like it, that’s why sex is so popular. The amount of dopamine reaching our brain is immense. Not knowing your date of death, what should you do? Live. We must make the most out of our life. Do what excites us. Do what makes us feel alive. Whether it’s morally right or wrong, do it. Because it makes you feel alive. If you are given a luxurious car for a limited time, wouldn’t you enjoy it at it’s highest? Wouldn’t you go on the fast lane, driving like crazy? Or would you put it in your garage, where nobody can see it? You are your life, and your life is a luxurious car. But don’t drive too fast, or you are gonna crash.
It’s good to make your life fantastic. But if you go straight through with it, it won’t end well. You give all your cash out in one day? You’ll end on the street. Take too much cocaine? You’ll end six feet under. No, that’s not what you should do. Do it smart. Heights seem higher when you were low. If you want to reach euphoria, you’ll have to achieve something. A speech in front of millions of supporters, a plan that concluded with a majestic end or anything you ever dreamt about. But remember, whether you are aiming higher or lower, you are still gonna die.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
interesting perspective on Christian influenced media from a Christian perspective

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Most people only know how to look for outside source of spirituality, to replace what they just have experienced within. The most effective way instead, is to look at yourself about how you truly felt about everything. It is only by doing that that you will learn and know who you really are in heart and head.

StrawberryBoots

My beliefs are part of what makes me who I am. I don't have to be perfect to love and be loved. My friends and family don't have to be perfect for me to love them. We love each other, flaws and all.

A change of scenery keeps my mind sharp and my spirit energized. It's healthier for me to do that, so I can avoid getting in a rut.

StrawberryBoots

In the spirit of the season of l♥ve, Valentine's Week, I'm posting my warmest wishes of God's love to you.

May you know deep in your heart that the Heavenly Father isn't in love only with what He hopes to make of you. He's in love with who you are right now. He longs for you to know His love and to be gracious to you. One of the most powerful truths about God’s love can be found in 1 John 4:18: "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."

Here are a couple of my favorite love songs, from God's heart to yours:

May y'all have a blessed Valentine's Week!

Last edited:

Lamplight

Permabanned
Enneagram
1 John 5:20 "And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding."
Job 32:8 "But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding."

John 1:3 "Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made."
Job 33:4 "The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life."

John 10:28 "I give them eternal life."
John 14:6 “I am the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 1:4 "In Him was life"
John 6:63 "The Spirit alone gives eternal life."

Jn 1:14_The Word became a human being and lived here with us.
Jn 14:17_He is the Holy Spirit, he lives with you now and later will be in you.

John 8:42
for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
John 15:26
when the Comforter is come,...... the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father,

John 16:12-15 the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
John 14:10 “The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me,”

Mole

Permabanned
The critique of our spiritual leaders is a fine spiritual exercise. It has led to the jailing of the third in command of the Vatican, and the leading Australian Cardinal, for child sexual abuse. And we are starting to see Michael Jackson, beloved by many, as a determined, cunning, and successful child sexual abuser.

"Matthew 18:6 King James Version:

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea".

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
*Sometimes wonders: Am I thought fondly of by a trickster spirit?*

ThoughtBubbles

Pansexual Primadonna
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think we all have the capacity to tap into deep spiritual energy that runs through our entire species as a unified current

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
First "risky" post...

I think Jesus was Gothic. No joke. I have a serious reason for thinking that :

First, the most normative definition of a goth is "a person who listens to goth music" and I mean "listens to" not "hears". And one of the main qualities of this music is catharsis.

Goth has not existed on the Earth while Jesus was on the Earth, so we should think "Jesus was not a Goth".
But Jesus is timeless, and by His prescience has known Goth music, and it seems that during His Passion He has clearly listened to (not just heard) Goth music and its qualities, because He clearly put catharsis in His Will.

So yes, I think Jesus was a Goth. Though I don't think it's absolutely certain, and not morally certain either. It's just probable.