• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Spiritual Thought Thread

Holiday this passed weekend, can reply now:

God is great. He created our universe which is accelerating away from itself at every point in every direction, and at the furthest reaches is accelerating away faster than the speed of light, and so lost to us forever.

Cool astrophysics, bro.

You may remain lost forever in this state of hopelessness. Some of us were found by our Shepherd and thus we are joyful in our Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God.

Mole

Permabanned
Holiday this passed weekend, can reply now: Cool astrophysics, bro. You may remain lost forever in this state of hopelessness. Some of us were found by our Shepherd and thus we are joyful in our Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God.

A trance can be induced by any repetition such as the repetition of dogma.

In a trance our critical mind goes to sleep and we believe whatever we are told.

A trance can be induced by any repetition such as the repetition of dogma.

In a trance our critical mind goes to sleep and we believe whatever we are told.

That’s called a flow-state and it is the objective. The flow is difficult to achieve for most, so it must be practiced through repetition.

Mole

Permabanned
That's called a flow-state and it is the objective. The flow is difficult to achieve for most, so it must be practiced through repetition.

Flow is wonderful but is best balanced by critical thinking, just as faith is balanced by reason, just as the hypothesis is balanced by evidence, otherwise we lose our balance.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been a Reiki master for the past two months now, and still trying to figure out how to start my practice...

*sigh* Looks like this'll take a lot more preparation than I thought. :mellow:

I think it's hypocritical to, on one hand, praise the Apostolic martyrs of old for their pure faith, and lack of self-love, and at the same time disregard the Holy Traditions they've passed down.

To look up to them as examples to live by, simultaneously disregarding the Holy Traditions being passed down by the apostles who in the Tradition of Christ Himself, were martyred.

To this day, our Christian brothers and sisters are being martyred for the Faith in the very desert lands Christ inhabited. We praise their faith and martyrdom, yet judge their spiritual practices as "not necessary." To judge their faith as "incorrect" with cool slogans such as: "Jesus is enough" or "Sola Fide" or "Sola Scriptura" all from the comfort of our first-world air conditioned rooms, indoor plumbing, full bellies, and clean water.

Where does this entitlement stem from? It smacks of pride in one-self, vanity of self-importance, and self-love. To prefer your own will to not "need" certain practices which were tested and designed to bring one-self closer to God through 2000 years of R&D.

To idolize the Bible as the sole authority, yet celebrate Easter on a Sunday, or Christmas on December 25th. The cognitive dissonance is strong in Western "Bible Only" denominations.

If you ask me The Lord rewards those who live in discomfort with meat for their faith is stronger than us babies who live in comfort suckling on spiritual milk dressed up in skinny jeans. I don't blame Atheists for rejecting that kind of "Christianity." I would, too. /rant

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's some lady I work with who is always on about Christ and Christian values, and it's also all over her facebook feed and profile. Yet she brags about getting divorced and dating around shit, and posts selfies obviously designed to show off her tits and her pretty face (vanity much?). Now, I'm not against divorce, but the disconnect I see in a lot of modern religious people is astonishing, how they will talk of their holy devotion and living those values, yet in certain affairs take a sort of callous or casual approach to life, and generally pick and choose which rules to adhere to and which to bend or completely ignore.

There's some lady I work with who is always on about Christ and Christian values, and it's also all over her facebook feed and profile. Yet she brags about getting divorced and dating around shit, and posts selfies obviously designed to show off her tits and her pretty face (vanity much?). Now, I'm not against divorce, but the disconnect I see in a lot of modern religious people is astonishing, how they will talk of their holy devotion and living those values, yet in certain affairs take a sort of callous or casual approach to life, and generally pick and choose which rules to adhere to and which to bend or completely ignore.

She sounds very immature.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'm not attacking religious or spiritual people per se. Just frustrated by those who use religion more like a prop to show off to others.

Lark

I think it's hypocritical to, on one hand, praise the Apostolic martyrs of old for their pure faith, and lack of self-love, and at the same time disregard the Holy Traditions they've passed down.

To look up to them as examples to live by, simultaneously disregarding the Holy Traditions being passed down by the apostles who in the Tradition of Christ Himself, were martyred.

To this day, our Christian brothers and sisters are being martyred for the Faith in the very desert lands Christ inhabited. We praise their faith and martyrdom, yet judge their spiritual practices as "not necessary." To judge their faith as "incorrect" with cool slogans such as: "Jesus is enough" or "Sola Fide" or "Sola Scriptura" all from the comfort of our first-world air conditioned rooms, indoor plumbing, full bellies, and clean water.

Where does this entitlement stem from? It smacks of pride in one-self, vanity of self-importance, and self-love. To prefer your own will to not "need" certain practices which were tested and designed to bring one-self closer to God through 2000 years of R&D.

To idolize the Bible as the sole authority, yet celebrate Easter on a Sunday, or Christmas on December 25th. The cognitive dissonance is strong in Western "Bible Only" denominations.

If you ask me The Lord rewards those who live in discomfort with meat for their faith is stronger than us babies who live in comfort suckling on spiritual milk dressed up in skinny jeans. I don't blame Atheists for rejecting that kind of "Christianity." I would, too. /rant

Kirkegaard developed a whole philosophy on the back of rejecting that sort of Christianity and it was, I think it was Julian Baggini who said so, a philosophy that most athiests could respect

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
When the most bigoted animals on Earth called humans will learn that intelligence is not same thing as be mean, capricious and knowledgeable? When will stupid humans learn that? And then people ask me why I am antisocial. :cry:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This is a serious problem I agree. and I am a Christian myself.

Sometimes they're called the Sunday believer. they go to church on sunday and claim to follow the faith yet in their daily life they don't show the transformation that really comes through Christ...which involves changing you too. I am not condemning the divorce itself but more the hypocrisy.